Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Play an N64 game...; Tell us what N64 games you've been playing!
Topic Started: Apr 4 2008, 03:54 PM (34,662 Views)
EnvyFox
Member Avatar
Right now, I'm going through my second attempt to beat Hybrid Heaven. It's my second attempt because, after getting through most of the game some time ago on my first run, my off-brand N64 memory card got corrupted and erased all of my data. Knowing that I had to do so much all over again discouraged me from trying again immediately, but I'm over that now.

Playing it again, I'm reminded why I keep recommending this hidden gem for Game of the Month. I absolutely love the unique battle system for this game. It's one I have not yet seen in any other title and that's truly disappointing. Due to a recent family emergency (that, as of today, is behind me), I haven't gotten much done yet but I plan on getting my butt in gear and continuing my journey until the credits roll. :yeah:
Edited by EnvyFox, Aug 24 2014, 08:08 PM.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

EnvyFox
Member Avatar
Titan
Aug 27 2014, 09:09 AM
I've just got a snes again last month with a link to the past so been playing that along with a bit of majoras mask and have also completed orcarina of time again. I would love to play hybrid heaven just never been able to get my hands on a cheap copy. Working through do 64 slowly just realising how much there is to do!
Hybrid Heaven is incredibly cheap on Amazon if you have that option. In fact, it may just be the cheapest RPG you can find on the system (I'm not 100% sure on that, though). However, while I enjoy the game, there are quite a few people out there who cannot stand it so, if you ever decide to get a copy for yourself, I recommend checking out some gameplay videos first just in case it's not for you.

Speaking of Hybrid Heaven, I've past the parts that I remember playing through the first time and am making some serious progress in the story which leads me to believe that the end credits aren't too far off. By the way, I've just realized that your character in the game has different fighting stances depending on which type of attacks you use more often. I can't believe I didn't notice that on my first run. :lol:
Edited by EnvyFox, Aug 27 2014, 09:57 AM.
Posted Image

EnvyFox
Member Avatar
Titan
Aug 27 2014, 10:03 AM
I have seen it being played and was planning on buying a cheap cib copy o payday but it was sold just hater at cheapest cib on amazon now is like over 30 quid!
Yeesh! Well I guess that's my fault for assuming you lived in the United States. Over here, there's someone selling their brand new factory sealed copy for $26 (Google is telling me that's less than 16 quid). I can only imagine used CIB copies go for much less here.
Edited by EnvyFox, Aug 27 2014, 01:55 PM.
Posted Image

EnvyFox
Member Avatar
Forgot to mention this about a week ago, but my friend and I are playing through The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. While this is probably my friend's 12th playthrough of the game (it's his favorite game of all time :P ), this is my first attempt to beat it from start to finish.

Unfortunately, conflicting work schedules and life in general prevented us from making too much progress, but we do have two of the three Spiritual Stones and have also collected some Skulltula Tokens and Heart Pieces. We're going to continue today after my friend gets off work so hopefully we can get more done.
Posted Image

EnvyFox
Member Avatar
I have just started my second playthrough of Castlevania. And by "just started", I mean the prologue is being read to me as I type this. :lol:

This time, I'm playing as the magic projectile tossing Carrie. I hear that both Reinhardt and Carrie share most of the same levels, but have different events happen in the story so it will be nice to see what happens on Carrie's journey that didn't occur with Reinhardt. Aaaaand now Carrie is just standing there in the forest. Time to go!
Edited by EnvyFox, Aug 25 2015, 06:52 AM.
Posted Image

EnvyFox
Member Avatar
Earlier today, I decided to finally finish up my Adventure 2 file on Diddy Kong Racing. I completely forgot how tough the silver coin challenges were. This one may take me a few days, but I don't care. I'll be having fun the whole way. :yeah:
Edited by EnvyFox, Sep 10 2015, 09:05 AM.
Posted Image

EnvyFox
Member Avatar
For about a month now, my friend and I have been playing through Harvest Moon 64 when we both have the time. He actually bought me a copy of the game so we could play through it together and it has been fantastic playing through this childhood favorite. We plan to do three full years at minimum, but who knows how far we'll go. Right now, we're on our 2nd Fall with most of our farm upgraded. :)
Posted Image

EnvyFox
Member Avatar
While my friend and I have since moved on from Harvest Moon 64 to start our Resident Evil marathon, I've decided to start my solo playthrough of Mega Man 64. I've actually gotten quite a lot done, but zomething tells me there is much more game to go. So far, I'm really enjoying myself despite the controls not aging all that well. It has to be the characters. The Bonnes are giving off a huge Team Rocket vibe and I'm loving it!

Fun fact: When you get to the Apple Market, checking out the shelf in Akbar's Toys will have Mega Man say "So this is that new game called Mega Man 64... it looks pretty interesting!" A nice little meta-joke, right? However, after a certain point in the game...

Posted Image

Well now just hold on a second! What is this "MegaMan Legends" that Mega Man is so fascinated about!? Well, apparently, it's looks pretty interesting. <_>

(Sorry for the terrible picture quality. I did use my phone's camera to get the shot.)
Posted Image

EnvyFox
Member Avatar
Well I have yet to beat an N64 game this year and that just won't do, so I'm going to try to kick off my 2017 N64 completion list with Mischief Makers!

Posted Image

I don't have any real experiences with games developed by Treasure but I've heard many great things about them including how unconventional their games can get. Judging by the first few levels I've completed in Mischief Makers, they weren't foolin'! I still haven't quite mastered the game's controls yet but I'm certainly getting there as I get through level after level. So far, things are looking good. :yeah:
Edited by EnvyFox, Apr 15 2017, 12:34 PM.
Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply