Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Play an N64 game...; Tell us what N64 games you've been playing!
Topic Started: Apr 4 2008, 03:54 PM (33,982 Views)
N64Nostalgia
Any wrestling fans on here? Recently started playing all my WWF games again. WWF Warzone, WWF Attitude, Wrestlemania 2000 & WWF No Mercy. Many people think No Mercy was the best but I would have to Disagree, I think WWF Warzone was the best. Acclaim Sports did a great job with the commentary and gameplay. Doing the Finishers with multiple button combinations was awesome. Attitude Era Forever!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

N64Nostalgia
The Red Shadow
Aug 29 2014, 09:52 AM
I really loved the Acclaim WWF games but I played them on the PS1 and when the Smackdown games arrived it was no question as to what the dominant series was. As for No Mercy and the other N64 wrestling classics I see why people love them but I could never really grasp the controls for them on the N64 controller.
Agreed the Smackdown Series was incredible. What about WCW vs nWo World Tour & WCW/nWo revenge did you ever play them?

N64Nostalgia
Titan
Aug 29 2014, 03:49 PM
Just purchased revenge can't wait to try it out! As good as mo mercy or wrestle mania?
Better in my opinion. But of course I'm biased because I always enjoyed WCW more than WWF. All three are classics though, THQ did an outstanding job with their early wrestling titles. Revenge is the best because of the roster nWo, nWo Wolfpac, Sting, Goldberg, Raven's Flock, Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero and many more! Where did you buy it? Local Store or off Amazon, eBay?
The Red Shadow
Aug 29 2014, 05:07 PM
N64Nostalgia
Aug 29 2014, 01:50 PM
The Red Shadow
Aug 29 2014, 09:52 AM
I really loved the Acclaim WWF games but I played them on the PS1 and when the Smackdown games arrived it was no question as to what the dominant series was. As for No Mercy and the other N64 wrestling classics I see why people love them but I could never really grasp the controls for them on the N64 controller.
Agreed the Smackdown Series was incredible. What about WCW vs nWo World Tour & WCW/nWo revenge did you ever play them?
Only barely dabbled with them. The crazy (to me) controls kept me away from most of the THQ N64 games.
You should definitely give them another try. Doing the Finishers are easier in THQ's wrestling games, just hold A then flick the Analog Stick. By the way WCW, WWF, or ECW? Late 90's wrestling was ridiculous!
Edited by N64Nostalgia, Aug 29 2014, 06:29 PM.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply