Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Play an N64 game...; Tell us what N64 games you've been playing!
Topic Started: Apr 4 2008, 03:54 PM (34,692 Views)
Decontendo
Member Avatar
This is my first post, whoo.
Recently beat Ocarina of Time for the umpteenth time, just finished Conker's Bad Fur Day for the first time (never knew what I had missed out on...), moved onto Banjo Tooie, and just picked up and started playing Tonic Trouble last night.

I've beat Rayman 2, and quite enjoyed it. After reading all the terrible reviews about Tonic Trouble being a bad test-format of Rayman, I had never been interested in playing it (though I've been collecting N64 accessories and games for quite a while now). Gotta say that it may not be as pretty, or have the same class, but I love 3d Platformers. Nothing can beat good old Banjo-Kazooie, but this has quenched my thirst now that I've beaten pretty much every other 3D platformer on the system (aside from japanese obscurities).

If no one has given Tonic Trouble a try, I do actually recommend it. Didn't start becoming the most fun to play until about an hour in, but I'm glad I stuck with it. Nothing groundbreaking, but a solid game.
Currently playing: Mission Impossible, Majora's Mask, Infernal Machine
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Decontendo
Member Avatar
@italia64, I didn't see there was such a thread for that until you mentioned it! I'm going to drop Tonic Trouble for now and start on Glover. I'll pick it back up for fun as soon as I'm done with this other venture for the beats em all :p
I'm interested to see someone else' opinion of the game and look forward to reading your thoughts on it!
:yeah:

Decontendo
Member Avatar
@italia64, I'm glad someone else had a fun time playing it as well! Like I said, after all the terrible reviews I read I didn't care much to try it, but the platformer aspects are all basic, but fun to me.

I'm having a blast playing Glover, puzzles are there, control mechanics are tight, and the game feels pretty large. The only gripes I have with the title are the MASSIVE amount of fog in the levels, which makes accomplishing things like backtracking when flying to different areas within a level turn into a huge headache. The other thing is that some things are extremely difficult unless you're very proficient in the controls. Needless deaths over and over.

@kartmaster, I own Blast Corps. as well, and I picked it up once a few months ago. I played for about 10 minutes before I decided I hated it (I think I was playing the first two stages, and thought it was very simple and that the game looked a little bad for the era). But now reading this, I think I'll pick it up again as soon as I'm done with Glover. Thanks!

Decontendo
Member Avatar
kartmaster
Mar 17 2015, 09:19 PM
Ahh, you don't know how much I envy you, Decontendo.
If I could give you the empty part of my mind to be consumed by Blast Corps, I would.
Have you tried self-hypnosis? I hear you can repress memories. Like sleeper agents. Only not remember you already beat it until after you beat it again ;) haha
But seriously, it must be a good game. Thanks for the words to open my eyes on games I wouldnt normally play.

Decontendo
Member Avatar
Titan
Mar 20 2015, 02:49 PM
Been smashing out super smash bros tonight still can't unlock that :cussfit: ness kid! I must be really bad but to be honest I've just realised I've been trying on hard not normal....
Man I remember when I was a kid.. Every time I would finish the game, I would get so anxious during the credits, to see if another character would pop up. The whole "Challenger Approaching!" was like the best part of my life haha. Just when I thought there wasn't anything else to unlock, one day Ness popped up. My jaw dropped. This was before I had the internet to know how many characters there were.. And all my friends had good old Playstation. I was the lone Nintendo wolf.
Oh man I miss being a kid. Good times.

And I just looked up how Ness is unlocked, 3 lives with no continues on normal mode.

« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply