Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Play an N64 game...; Tell us what N64 games you've been playing!
Topic Started: Apr 4 2008, 03:54 PM (39,867 Views)
Pocket
Played a bit of Kirby 64 today. After some grinding I was able to finally get all 81 Enemy Info Cards. Now all that's left to do is the boss rush and beat the minigames on Intense difficulty. Those don't contribute to the percentage shown on your save file (nor do the enemy info cards) but I personally wouldn't consider the game fully 100%ed without doing those things. Those will definitely be much harder to pull off though!

I love Kirby, it's my favourite Nintendo franchise. Kirby 64 is kinda slow moving compared to the other games, but I love the power combining, the soundtrack is one of the best in the series and the final boss is excellent. It's not one of my all-time favourites in the series like Super Star or Return to Dreamland, but I still think it's great.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Pocket
italia64
Feb 14 2017, 06:58 AM
Pocket
Feb 12 2017, 04:46 AM
Played a bit of Kirby 64 today. After some grinding I was able to finally get all 81 Enemy Info Cards. Now all that's left to do is the boss rush and beat the minigames on Intense difficulty. Those don't contribute to the percentage shown on your save file (nor do the enemy info cards) but I personally wouldn't consider the game fully 100%ed without doing those things. Those will definitely be much harder to pull off though!

I love Kirby, it's my favourite Nintendo franchise. Kirby 64 is kinda slow moving compared to the other games, but I love the power combining, the soundtrack is one of the best in the series and the final boss is excellent. It's not one of my all-time favourites in the series like Super Star or Return to Dreamland, but I still think it's great.
I'm collecting 5 Enemy Info Card every day. It's a very boring and monotonous task.
I would prefered something like that done like the Paper Mario recipes for istance.
The boss run is a nice add but Kirby bosses are too easy in my opinion. But at least are well done and fun.
The minigames are very good, I like to play them alone, I can only image how fun are in 4 players.

I like Kirby 64, but I find Mystical Ninja 2 better in so many aspects, and it's a more difficult and deep game.
I've only played a bit of Mystical Ninja 2 so far so I can't fully judge, but while I do like it, I really dislike the controls which prevents me from really loving it. Everyone moves way too fast, even Ebisumaru, and jumping feels really off with how characters fall like a sack of rocks after jumping. Mystical Ninja 1 is definitely my favourite out of the two, and for 2D platformers I'd prefer Mischief Makers, but Mystical Ninja 2 is still a good game, and having co-op multiplayer is pretty awesome.

Funny that you mention Paper Mario since I'm actually playing that right now, going back and trying to get everything for 100%. The recipes are at least a bit more engaging but between grinding money for all the badges and Rip Cheato's star pieces and constantly running back and forward trying to get Quizmo to spawn, the grind can get worse than Kirby 64 in my eyes. I was able to get all the enemy info cards in a single afternoon for Kirby, but Paper Mario is a far longer task. I'm a little disappointed that Paper Mario doesn't have some better side quests. I absolutely adore the game, the main quest is amazing and one of the best on the N64, but half of the side quests feel like jokes such as Koopa Koot's tedious requests constantly rewarding you with one coin until you do enough to actually get something worthwhile, or the ridiculous chain of letters which you have to go over the entire game multiple times in order to get the reward. It's all ridiculous overly elaborate grind, and for one side quest that might of been kind of funny as a little jab at RPG game design, but pretty much all of the side quests are like that and it's really tiring. But, it's not like you really need any of it since the game's easy enough without side questing, just a little disappointing that there wasn't some more solid side content that was actually fun.

I'm revisiting a bunch of my N64 games trying to get 100% completion on them. The only ones I've 100%ed are Banjo Kazooie, Mario 64, Majora's Mask, Conker since there's no sidequests in that game, Rocket: Robot on Wheels since 100% is required to beat the game and arguably Kirby 64 if you don't count the boss rush. Have to unlock T.T. in Diddy Kong Racing sooner or later! (beaten 9 of his records so far)

Pocket
Yeah, I just used the first level as well. You could also use the first stage in Ripple Star since it's really short as well. I was able to keep at it since while I was doing it I was in a Skype call with some friends to keep me entertained. In a similar vein, I've had Youtube videos and podcasts playing in the background while doing the Paper Mario grinding.

Sucks that your 100% run for Paper Mario didn't work out, might as well just consider it 100%ed when you know how to get those last badges anyway though. Thankfully I knew of Peach's badges being missable in advance this time so I made sure to get them. I've done all of Quizmo's questions now, all of the remaining star pieces are just hidden in the world as opposed to being attached to side quests, and there's 10 badges left for me to find (I've bought out all of Rowf's badges now). Getting all the recipes will be the next big thing, I only have 9/50 currently.

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply