Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Your suggestions
Topic Started: Jun 2 2008, 10:32 AM (1,817 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

Hi everyone. :)

I'm keen to hear members opinions on Nintendo 64 Forever; what are we doing right, what are we doing wrong, what could change for the better and what should stay the same? I'm going to investigate the possibility of making changes to the forum but I want to hear members opinions first. There's no guarantee that I'll be able to make all (or any) of the changes requested, but I will try my best.

Please also discuss each other's ideas (keep it friendly though :P ) so I can get a feel for what our members think of each suggestion.

Thanks,

alxbly.

Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Awww.... no suggestions?
Quote Post Goto Top

dagoss
Member Avatar
Smarty Pants
1.) Find more members! (Seriously.)

2.) Also, I demand a black background with light gray text. That's the color of the N64 you know. White with blue and red isn't very N64-like. People know the N64 for what it looks like, not that tiny little logo!

3.) Ban Kerr Avon.

Really, we just need more traffic -- like desperately. For about a month, it seems like we've been on life support. We need to join forces or merge with another site, or hold people at gun point, or offer sexual favors, or something to draw in more users.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Summer is usually slow for smaller forums, I don't think we're the only ones affected. The only way to get people involved to advertise this place as much as possible... which means posting elsewhere (GameFAQs, etc). Don't worry Dagoss, I won't let our forum die. :)

I'm happy to change the color scheme if that's what people want.
Quote Post Goto Top

Applepieman
Member Avatar
Veteran
Is it possible to allow us to choose between different site skins?

As in, we choose which one we want our computer to display while another person might view it with a different skin?

Deleted User
Deleted User

Applepieman
Jun 5 2008, 12:55 AM
Is it possible to allow us to choose between different site skins?

As in, we choose which one we want our computer to display while another person might view it with a different skin?

Rapueda and I looked into this some time ago. Unfortunately, it's not possible to use more than one color scheme with this type of InvisionFree board. When the site gets upgraded to Zetaboards we will be able to have several skins. I've just recently implemented changeable themes on N64 Answers (see the bottom left of the page to change the color scheme) so I'd plan to do the same for Nintendo 64 Forever once the site changes over.
Quote Post Goto Top

Applepieman
Member Avatar
Veteran
When exactly is Nintendo 64 Forever switching over?

Deleted User
Deleted User

The honest answer is that I don't know. I wasn't given any prior warning when N64 Answers was changed over. I can opt to changeover sooner rather than later but, again, I don't know how long the change would take after I volunteer. Hopefully I'll have time to create a similar skin to this one so that the change isn't so noticeable.

Having seen some of the extra things that can be done on Zetaboards, I'm now quite keen to change over.
Quote Post Goto Top

Applepieman
Member Avatar
Veteran
Will the site still have the same web address?

Deleted User
Deleted User

The address will change but anyone using the current address will be redirected to the new site.
Quote Post Goto Top

dagoss
Member Avatar
Smarty Pants
Hey --

Who died and made Alxbly administrator?

No really. Did Rapueda abandon us? Was it because we kept spelling his name with a "q"?

Deleted User
Deleted User

Rapueda and myself swapped roles but he's not abandoned us by any means. :)

He said the main reason I should be admin was that I'd never called him "Raqueda"... ;)
Quote Post Goto Top

dagoss
Member Avatar
Smarty Pants
alxbly
Jun 6 2008, 01:47 PM
Rapueda and myself swapped roles

So...

... Rapueda is now a kilt-wearing, ill-tempered [insert ethnic stereotype] alcoholic?

(I'm banned now, aren't I? :P )

Come to think of it, I don't recall him posting lately.

Deleted User
Deleted User

dagoss
Jun 6 2008, 09:59 PM
(I'm banned now, aren't I? :P )

No... but I'm tempted to change your username to Dave Goss. :P
Quote Post Goto Top

Rapueda (retired)
Member Avatar
Gemini Squadron
alxbly
Jun 6 2008, 12:47 PM
He said the main reason I should be admin was that I'd never called him "Raqueda"...  ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

dagoss
Jun 6 2008, 02:59 PM
Come to think of it, I don't recall him posting lately.

Yeah, I've been extremely busy with other things, and a lot of horrible personal stuff has happened lately. After about 2 or 3 more weeks I should be able to come on more often again. :)
Posted Image

Mop it up
Member Avatar
Forum Urban Legend
Since Raqueda still refuses to own Super Mario 64, we had no choice but to mutiny.

Applepieman
Member Avatar
Veteran
Only uncool admins don't have Super Mario 64.

Mop it up
Member Avatar
Forum Urban Legend
That's why alxbly had to usurp Raqueda's position. Only someone who can appreciate the true legacy of the N64 can be the leader.

dataDyne
Forum Dinosaur!
To add to what Mop stated above, in the "Best Nintendo 64 Game Starting With S" topic, Rapueda chose Shadows of the Empire over Super Mario 64.

For shame, Rapueda. For shame. ;_;
Give this man a fish, and he can throw it up eleven times
-alxbly
PSN: LifeIsPreachy
Mario Kart Wii: 0088 - 2869 - 9843

Applepieman
Member Avatar
Veteran
dataDyne
Jun 10 2008, 07:06 AM
To add to what Mop stated above, in the "Best Nintendo 64 Game Starting With S" topic, Rapueda chose Shadows of the Empire over Super Mario 64.

For shame, Rapueda. For shame. ;_;

:mellow:

<span style=Tokala</span>
Member Avatar
Established Member
dagoss
Jun 4 2008, 09:35 AM
3.) Ban Kerr Avon.

Why should you ban Kerr Avon?
Peace out!

Deleted User
Deleted User

Tokala
Jun 10 2008, 08:22 PM

Gossy and Kerr Avon have a long standing disagreement over Perfect Dark. Kerr Avon thinks it's the best FPS ever and Dagoss disagrees. So they fight from time to time.

But they're really in love. :lol:
Quote Post Goto Top

dagoss
Member Avatar
Smarty Pants
alxbly
Jun 10 2008, 05:44 PM
Tokala
Jun 10 2008, 08:22 PM

Kerr Avon is known to misrepresent facts, violate forum rules regarding post length, and be an overall ass. He also makes fun of me because my posts have a Scottish accent. Personally, I think he should castrated so he can't spread his clearly defective genes in the population.

You're right about his misrepresentation of facts. We all know that Perfect Dark is not perfect except for this man.

Mop it up
Member Avatar
Forum Urban Legend
Suggestion: Never delete old topics.

Ever.

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Mop_it_up
Jun 27 2008, 07:10 PM

Ever.

I wholeheartedly concur. >_>

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mop_it_up
Jun 28 2008, 01:10 AM

Ever.

I don't think any old topics have been deleted for well over a year now. Older topics are just moved into the archives.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mop_it_up
Jun 27 2008, 07:10 PM

Ever.

The Red Shadow
Jun 28 2008, 02:53 AM
I wholeheartedly concur.   >_>

After a quick visit to Screaming Wench I can see what you guys are referring to...

That's a shame, it seems like about 75% of the topics have been deleted for some reason. I don't post there very often but I do browse the site every few weeks. Seeing so much stuff being deleted for no good reason has kinda put me off of posting there. :(

Nothing on N64 Forever gets deleted now, the old topics just get moved to The Archives instead.
Quote Post Goto Top

Mop it up
Member Avatar
Forum Urban Legend
alxbly
Jun 29 2008, 12:20 AM
Nothing on N64 Forever gets deleted now, the old topics just get moved to The Archives instead.

But then they can never be... REVIVED!

It's too bad there's nothing left from two years ago, I'd like to see how I've changed since I first joined...

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mop_it_up
Jun 29 2008, 09:50 PM
But then they can never be... REVIVED!

Yeah they can. You're a moderator, Mop, you can move any topics you wish from the archives.

Mop_it_up
Jun 29 2008, 09:50 PM
It's too bad there's nothing left from two years ago, I'd like to see how I've changed since I first joined...

Most of the topics still exist. For example:

http://z9.invisionfree.com/Nintendo_64_For...p?showtopic=275

And here's a topic in which you posted... one day after joining up:

http://z9.invisionfree.com/Nintendo_64_For...p?showtopic=102

:o
Quote Post Goto Top

Mop it up
Member Avatar
Forum Urban Legend
alxbly
Jun 29 2008, 05:01 PM

And here's a topic in which you posted... one day after joining up:

http://z9.invisionfree.com/Nintendo_64_For...p?showtopic=102

I didn't post that topic... but I did post in it! :o

Anyways, it's good to know some of those old topics still exist; I just looked in the Nintendo 64 forum and saw that the earliest topic was from October of 2007. There's still a few classic topics that were deleted (like the one I was looking for)... but I guess sometime I'll just have to go through the archives and see what buried treasures I can find. ^_^

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Help and Suggestions · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: