Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Your suggestions
Topic Started: Jun 2 2008, 10:32 AM (1,815 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

Hi everyone. :)

I'm keen to hear members opinions on Nintendo 64 Forever; what are we doing right, what are we doing wrong, what could change for the better and what should stay the same? I'm going to investigate the possibility of making changes to the forum but I want to hear members opinions first. There's no guarantee that I'll be able to make all (or any) of the changes requested, but I will try my best.

Please also discuss each other's ideas (keep it friendly though :P ) so I can get a feel for what our members think of each suggestion.

Thanks,

alxbly.

Quote Post Goto Top

Replies:
Deleted User
Deleted User

Mop_it_up
Jun 29 2008, 10:16 PM
Anyways, it's good to know some of those old topics still exist; I just looked in the Nintendo 64 forum and saw that the earliest topic was from October of 2007.

Yeah, I go through them every few months and archive any topics which haven't been posted in for six months.

Mop_it_up
Jun 29 2008, 10:16 PM
There's still a few classic topics that were deleted (like the one I was looking for)... but I guess sometime I'll just have to go through the archives and see what buried treasures I can find. ^_^

Maybe I can help. Are you sure the topic has been deleted? There's lots which have topic names that don't really releate to the discussion (as you know we have a tendency to go off topic, lol) and a few with titles that aren't immeadiately obvious if you're searching alphabetically.
Quote Post Goto Top

Mop it up
Member Avatar
Forum Urban Legend
Is there any way to change the "color" tags to "colour"?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

^ I dunno what you mean. What color tags?
Quote Post Goto Top

dagoss
Member Avatar
Smarty Pants
alxbly
Jul 4 2008, 12:12 PM
^ I dunno what you mean.  What color tags?

I think he means this one:
Code:

[COLOR=blue]This text is sad[/COLOR]

The answer is clearly no. The Americans conquered the Internet, not the British, so we use American spelling conventions! (even if I use British style punctuation all the time).

Gyllenhal
Member Avatar
I guess change the background colour to something a little darker, It would make the site a lot nicer (not that the background isint nice already). :P
OMG LASER PEW PEW PEW

xconspirisist
Member Avatar
Established Member
Dark colors hurt my eyes, so I am using the Zetaboards Original Theme. It's pretty good for a default theme, better than some of the phpbb's out there.
http://www.xconspirisist.co.uk | http://www.technowax.net

Arch Evil
Member Avatar
Occasional Forum Lurker
Hm, this spoiler thingy may come in handy!
Spoiler: click to toggle
Posted Image

StYoung
Member Avatar
Elite
Heres a suggestion: Weekly debates.

I just read a topic where Mop mentioned that alxbly usually plays a mediator role. Consider having alxbly actually be a mediator of different game-related debates (topics: graphics vs. gameplay; whatever, think of something better...) and have people argue either way with alxbly moving the discussion...maybe. Most of the users here (at least the core ones) seem to have pretty solid views so it could be interesting.
dagoss,Nov 17 2007
05:13 PM
OMG, this is the best topic ever made.  I nominate Steve for God!

Ganondorf
Member Avatar
i think that we could add background music to the site somthing like when you enter peachs castle on super mario 64(i like that music) or somthing from zelda ocarina of time.

we could have a vote to see.
Plato "wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something"

Deleted User
Deleted User

1. If we're allowed, we should revive old topics and talk about them again. People will take notice and activty will increase here.

2. A master plan to dramatically increase activity here: http://s9.zetaboards.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/topic/7186504/1/#new

Make sure to read each and every word of my 2nd suggestion.
Quote Post Goto Top

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Feb 13 2010, 01:53 PM
1. If we're allowed, we should revive old topics and talk about them again. People will take notice and activty will increase here.

:) We already do this. If there's any topics you want to revive please do so.

Deleted User
Deleted User

alxbly
Feb 13 2010, 10:51 PM
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Feb 13 2010, 01:53 PM

:) We already do this. If there's any topics you want to revive please do so.
Thanks for letting me know. You'll be seeing a lot more out of me.
Quote Post Goto Top

Mop it up
Member Avatar
Forum Urban Legend
Just to clarify on that, it's okay to post in an old topic as long as you have something of value to add to the topic at hand. Simply posting "bump" or some other such nonsense is not acceptable.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mop_it_up
Feb 14 2010, 08:02 PM
Just to clarify on that, it's okay to post in an old topic as long as you have something of value to add to the topic at hand. Simply posting "bump" or some other such nonsense is not acceptable.
Thank you very much for clarifying that.
Quote Post Goto Top

Irene(Hydronix)
Member Avatar
Level 30 Necromancer/Master of Quest 64
^ In addition, don't revive a topic about something like "I wanted to know what games to sell" when it's been 2 years since the guy originally made the topic. Chances are, that person WON'T be replying by then. I noticed that one earlier...and I got called on it, awkwardly enough.

I'm not trying to backseat mod, but it did put me off a little. I apolagize if I seem like I am.
Edited by Irene(Hydronix), Mar 4 2010, 06:16 AM.
Even bastards need to let off some steam.

And apparently have more egos than Waffles.

Purtle
Member Avatar
Hopefully you guys see this.

I was thinking/hoping that there could be a stickied thread that would be about custom modding/painting N64s.

I know we have a few members on the forum that do this. However, it would be awesome if we had a single thread, that had a spoiler/section for each member that does it, and shows their method for painting. A lot of people do them in different ways so it would be helpful.

It's hard to try and figure out which way is the best when there are so many different pieces of advice/suggestions.
Check out My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/Purtle28PatrickSSB

Cabanon
Elite
i can't see a "New Post Since Last Visit" link to see what's been said since the last time you visited, or am i just blind ?

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
purtle, I like the suggestion. I will try to run it by another admin. unfortunately there are not too many of us floating around anymore. I will try to ask floorcat when I see him on the psn maybe.

Cabanon, I will try to check in on that too.

lithium017
Member Avatar
Is Now Posting With Power
I think someone has mentioned this to me before but I was wondering if it was possible to post more than 20 images in one post. For example, the page of Gamecube Controller Variations I made has a few entries I would like to add pictures to. Any help would be appreciated - thanks everyone :)
Click For Nintendo Collecting Youtube Page

N64 Consoles: 16 / 16 N64 Controllers 29 / 30 N64 Accessories: 8 / 10
NES: 32 --- SNES: 133 --- N64: 64 --- Gamecube: 78--- Wii: 75 --- WiiU: 14

« Previous Topic · Help and Suggestions · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: