Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
OMG SRSLY CANT WAIT - (future release pwnage); The Hype Machine - wakawaka
Topic Started: Oct 21 2008, 10:38 PM (20,120 Views)
floorcat
Member Avatar
Nintendo sixty-floorcat :P
So yeah... maybe thought we could use a thread for the games to be released that we're SRSLY looking forward to. As in ALL CAPS and NO VOWELS!

For me, right now...
Street Fighter IV :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:
Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix :dance: :dance: :dance:
(I will fight - and beat - you ALL in all things Street Fighter!@!!)

...and to a lesser extent...
Resident Evil 5
Guitar Hero World Tour (and Rock Band 1&2, if GHWT instrument compatibility is confirm'd)

... coulda SWORN there were a couple of Wii/DS games I was looking forward too... ;_; >_<
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), The Swapper, Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ragedy
Veteran
SOMETHING that a group of people here will play online. Thus giving me actual motivation to play it!

In other words, nothing specific at the moment.
Edited by Ragedy, Oct 22 2008, 03:13 AM.

dagoss
Member Avatar
Smarty Pants
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Persona 3 was by far the best RPG that has been released in nearly a decade. Given the skill that Atlus brings to the project, and the impressions that I have heard from people that have imported it, Persona 4 might actually top its predecessor.

Right now, Atlus is still actively supporting the PS2. When they do decide to move to the next generation, whatever their platform of choice is will probably be a major factor in what console I buy.

Also, I want Ico 3 (not the actual title, obviously).
Edited by dagoss, Oct 22 2008, 07:02 AM.

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
dagoss
Oct 22 2008, 07:00 AM
Also, I want Ico 3 (not the actual title, obviously).
"The Chain" seems to be it's working title just now, and it's sooooooooooo on my own wants list.

Also there's:

Fallout 3 *feints*
Fable 2 *craps pants*
Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts *gaaa-ha!*
Resident Evil 5 *trouser movement*

And then there's the other stuff I'm considering...

Metal Gear Solid 4
Midnight Club LA
Call of Duty: World at War
Far Cry 2
Gears of War 2
Dead Space
Left 4 Dead
007 Quantum of Solace
Prince of Persia
Assassin's Creed 2
Tomb Raider Underworld
Halo 3 Recon
Halo Wars
Final Fantasy XIII

oh and *inserts lone Wii game*
Animal Crossing City Folk. ^_^

I ****ing love this generation of consoles! :wub: :wub: :wub:

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
Fable 2 tomorrow...

but I need to decide if I'm gonna buy Far Cry 2 and Dead Space as well... :eh:

Mop it up
Member Avatar
Forum Urban Legend
Alxblymus Prime
Oct 22 2008, 11:24 AM
I ****ing love this generation of consoles!
Spoken like a true Nintendo 64 fan!

...Er, wait, what? :eh:

Anyways, there isn't anything coming out soon that I'm really looking forward to, but there are some that I'm watching the progress of and seeing how they turn out. I missed the first Animal Forest game on GameCube but I've always thought it looked very interesting and unique, so I'll see how the new Wii version turns out. I doubt I would put enough effort into it to take it online though, and the WiiSpeak accessory may actually deter me as it raises the price and isn't something I want.

The Conduit is looking better every time I see screenshots, but I haven't really seen much which distinguishes it from the generic shooters on the XBox 360. Of course, since the Wii is lacking in that area it may be something special based on lack of competition.

And of course, there's Endless Ocean 2. Alxbly and Floorcat, I'm kind of surprised neither of you mentioned this one when you seem so enamoured with the first game. There's not much information yet on this one (not even a conformed platform), so I can only hope it will bring some new ideas about rather than simply being an expansion of the first game.

There are still some current games I'd like to play, like Battalion Wars II, Metroid Prime 3, and such, but nothing I want so badly that I can't wait for it. And I really shouldn't juggle playing another game along with Galaxy, because then I'll never finish it.

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
Mop_it_up
Oct 23 2008, 06:06 PM
Alxblymus Prime
Oct 22 2008, 11:24 AM
I ****ing love this generation of consoles!
Spoken like a true Nintendo 64 fan!

...Er, wait, what? :eh:

The two aren't mutally exclusive, Mop. :P

Mop_it_up
Oct 23 2008, 06:06 PM
And of course, there's Endless Ocean 2. Alxbly and Floorcat, I'm kind of surprised neither of you mentioned this one when you seem so enamoured with the first game. There's not much information yet on this one (not even a conformed platform), so I can only hope it will bring some new ideas about rather than simply being an expansion of the first game.

I hadn't even heard it had been announced. Yeah, I'd add that to my list! :)
Edited by alxbly, Oct 24 2008, 01:48 PM.

Mop it up
Member Avatar
Forum Urban Legend
Currently there's, like, practically no information on Endless Ocean 2. All I can find is the GameaFAQs page, which doesn't even have listed which system it will appear on. I can't imagine it'd be anything other than Wii, though I'm worried this might not make it out of Japan... How well did the first game sell?

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
Mop_it_up
Oct 25 2008, 11:19 AM
How well did the first game sell?
It didn't enter any charts in the UK :( , so I assume it didn't do that well over here. I dunno how well it sold outside the UK.

floorcat
Member Avatar
alxbly
Oct 23 2008, 11:29 AM
I need to decide if I'm gonna buy Far Cry 2 and Dead Space as well... :eh:

I vote Dead Space!!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:
(just look at your FPS:TPS ratio) :P

As for this supposed Endless Ocean 2... it'll definitely be on my radar, but it'd take a bit of AWESOME to move it to my OMG SRSLY list :rollseyes:
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), The Swapper, Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
床の猫
Oct 25 2008, 11:38 AM
alxbly
Oct 23 2008, 11:29 AM
I need to decide if I'm gonna buy Far Cry 2 and Dead Space as well... :eh:

I vote Dead Space!!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:
(just look at your FPS:TPS ratio) :P
If I ever look at my FPS:TPS ratio, I'll know I'm taking it all far too seriously. ^_^ But I have been experiencing a bit of FPS burnout recently (note that they're dropping off my playlist) which makes me lean towards getting Dead Space first.

However, I do want both games. The only considerations are when I should buy them and for what platform. FC2 will definitely be on the 360 because the PS3 pad is not good for FPS. But Dead Space... well, I'm thinking it could give my PS3 playtime a bit of a boost and drag me away from my 360 for a while. Does the PS3 version have trophies? I'd like to build up my PS3 trophies... I wish they'd implement for all games so that it didn't feel like such a tacked on feature. :(

dagoss
Member Avatar
Smarty Pants
I really want to play Dead Space. The whole no-hud thing and organic narrative seems very compelling. It looks like Metroid Prime meets... something that has violence.

Also, I'd like to renominate Persona 4, because the series kicks so much ass that I must mention it twice.

floorcat
Member Avatar
alxbly
Oct 25 2008, 11:54 AM
Does the PS3 version have trophies? I'd like to build up my PS3 trophies... I wish they'd implement for all games so that it didn't feel like such a tacked on feature. :(
Sounds like someone has yet to compare his trophies with me! :unsure: :P
Yes... Dead Space has trophies. But I can't see myself playing this game (yet) just to get the trophies... it's so scary I almost can't play for extended periods (I feel myself die a little bit every "jump" moment I experience), and I stick to the reasoning that the trophies will come regardless of whether I work towards them or not. So I might as well concentrate on not peeing my pants rather than killing X number of necromorphs with Y weapon, etc.

And about the narrative... it really hooked me enough so that when I'm not playing it, I really really wanna know what happens next.

(and just for the record - since it may not last for very long - I'm beating alxbly by 21 trophies... and counting.) >:-]

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
Looks like I'm buying Deadspace for PS3 then. :P

21 trophies. Darn it. I have 1 trophy so far, from playing the first five minutes of Uncharted! See, that's what I mean about trophies being so poorly implemented! :P Seriously though, my PS3 collection is:

Gran Tursimo 5 Prologue = No trophies
Motorstorm = No trophies
Ratchet and Clank Future = No trophies
Resitance = No trophies
Uncharted = Has trophies!!
Wipeout HD = Has trophies!

It's annoying that only two of my games have them... it puts me off playing the rest...

Nah, not really. ^_^ Resistance and Gran Turismo 5 are really rather good and have eaten up most of my PS3 time so far.

I won't mention 360 Gamerscores here because that's not fair. And even if I did, I definitely wouldn't point out that I'm 20,500 ahead of floorcat. :yeah: Nor would I ask him when he plans on catching up. :dance:

floorcat
Member Avatar
So at the start of this month, I pre-ordered inFamous, being a HUGE fan of Sucker Punch (for creating the piece of N64 software genius that is Rocket: Robot on Wheels)... and now IGN has released their review of the game... PRETTY POSITIVE, to say the least. <_>

hype-y hype-y hippo!!! :omg:

Oh yeah, and Prototype looks pretty good too. Should hold me over until...

ZOMG

DEAD SPACE: EXTRACTION!#$!$^%!@^$#@%

Posted Image

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
I'm pretty hyped for InFamous and Prototype too! Less so for Dead Space Extraction but it still looks interesting. :)

floorcat
Member Avatar
Sorry, but I HAD to dig this ol' thread up. (Apologies if there's a more recent one.)

I'm just THAT. STOKED. for HITMAN: ABSOLUTION.
SRSLY. CAN'T. WAIT. I played the balls out of the sniper challenge pre-order game, and I can tell the rest of the game will be uber fun.

No.

ÜÜÜBER fun. :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:
(Yes, it required the triple capital + umlauts.)

Any other takers for this one out there?? Stinger (a.k.a. Agent 9142 - killed the other 9141), you've gotta be at least a little sleepless over this one, no??? :w00t:

Also somewhat stoked for LBP Karting (PS3) and P4: Golden (PSV)

Anyways... kinda funny, that the last post in this thread was 3+ years ago...
There's some big games (and a new system!) coming up... anything any of you are getting psyched for??

Norcal
Member Avatar

Looking forward to Absolution as well. I've been playing Contracts alot lately in anticipation. ;)
Posted Image

Xephyrian
Member Avatar
Master Chief of the Universe
I'm super stoked for Halo 4! I've been a pretty big Halo fan since right before 3 came out and I've been hoping for this game for quite some time and it's only a few days away. Going to the midnight premier with my brother who pre-ordered the Halo 4 limited edition console.

Look at this beauty!
http://videogamewriters.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/xbox360_halo4_320gb_console_can_fob.jpg
Posted Image

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
I need to play the first Hitman games and someday I will as I have a few of them now. The unreleased games that I am most excited for are The Last of Us, Tomb Raider, Beyond: Two Souls, GTA V, Dead Island: Riptide, and Far Cry 3.

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
ditto on GTA V and Far Cry 3
Nintendo Network ID - DeeMoney19
PSN Network ID - hallxx81xx
Xbox Live Gamertag - DeeMoney 2K19

Posted Image

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Pre-ordering went live for GTA V yesterday and I put mine in on Amazon.

Cabanon
Elite
The Red Shadow
Nov 6 2012, 07:52 AM
too bad there's no big box limited edition like GTA IV.

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
Cabanon
Nov 6 2012, 01:48 PM
The Red Shadow
Nov 6 2012, 07:52 AM
too bad there's no big box limited edition like GTA IV.
They'll announce a special edition at a later date, probably late January to early February. (They're just trying to get pre-orders for the game now to cash in on Christmas-time sales) Rockstar made a ton of money from Max Payne 3's and GTA IV's big boxes there's no way they'll pass that up on their only 2013 release. I love the promo items they gave out from GTA IV, I've got both the license plates and the aluminum bat. Hopefully for GTA V they release a knife or air soft gun or real gun... lol. So excited for this game love sandbox titles. And yes I am also very interested in Far Cry 3 looks INCREDIBLE, a huge improvement from the second. Also I pray Max Payne 3 or Bully gets a sequel I had so much fun with the past games.
Edited by TNT737373, Nov 6 2012, 02:15 PM.

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
I didn't even know GTA IV got any sort of special edition. I've never seen one online and we didn't get it at Walmart. That kind of bums me out a bit.

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Sorry, FC, somehow missed this post and your direct call out of me. Yes, looking forward to Absolution. I am hoping I can one day buy and play it. Also looking forward to GTA V. There are many already released games I am dying to one day play; AC Revelations, AC III, and Skyrim to name a few. :) Btw, floorcat, nice memory on my old avatar and quote there! :)

floorcat
Member Avatar
No worries at all, Stinger... with your beautiful bundle of a baby girl, you've got a whole lot more on your plate than I, that's for sure!
And I really need to try to be reasonable like you... there's SO MANY great games already out that I haven't even played, that I really should keep my excitement for those. Perhaps it's just the collector blood in me, wanting (in this case, to play) what I don't already have... >_<

The Red Shadow
Nov 1 2012, 05:41 PM
The unreleased games that I am most excited for are The Last of Us, Tomb Raider, Beyond: Two Souls...

These guys are ALSO on my radar... totally looking forward to them too!! And apparently you're a PS3 gamer... in which case you should add me up on the PSN. (my PSN ID is: Fatty_Fatness)
(The invitation is open to anyone, really.)

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
I should be a PS3 gamer as I have one and a nice little library, as well as wanting those upcoming games that are only on the Sony console, but I've never even opened my PS3 and played it. I've owned it since February. :-/

My excuse is that my gaming setup is lacking the space it needs to hook up the PS3 without unhooking one of my other consoles. I have a HDMI input for it, but simply nowhere to put the console. I need to remedy that someday but I just haven't figured out how as I can't afford a new entertainment center/stand for the TV and consoles right now.
Edited by The Red Shadow, Nov 8 2012, 07:21 AM.

corE
Member Avatar
No excuses. Get that PS3 hooked up.

Other than Nintendo consoles, I want to say the PS3 is my favorite. Sony has some GREAT exclusives.

Here's my old projector setup, before I got my 60" TV. It was a Tetris fit, but I made it work.

Posted Image

Posted Image

All of the consoles were hooked up, and I could play all of these, on that little TV stand,

NES
SNES
N64
GameCube
Wii
XBOX
PS1
PS2
PS3

AND...

I even had room for the HDMI switcher, AV switcher, VGA switcher (to plug the Wii in and an open VGA cord to plug my laptop in, to use on the projector), a 2Ter external harddrive, power strip, surround sound receiver and the projector.
Edited by corE, Nov 8 2012, 09:57 AM.

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
To be honest, my biggest excuse is laziness. I have a lot of stuff I want to do in my living room but I just can't get motivated. Argh.

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Other Video Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: