Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Review discussion
Topic Started: Jul 6 2006, 03:05 AM (4,481 Views)
dataDyne
Forum Dinosaur!
Since all topics containing user reviews will be closed, this is the thread to talk about them.

Enjoy ^_^
Give this man a fish, and he can throw it up eleven times
-alxbly
PSN: LifeIsPreachy
Mario Kart Wii: 0088 - 2869 - 9843
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jahutey
Member Avatar
Established Member
This is just an idea: Make it so that all threads are in alphabetical order, so it's easier for people to find certain reviews. And all threads would just have to have the name of the game.

Example:

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, The and so on.

floorcat
Member Avatar
Nintendo sixty-floorcat :P
(Hydronix) Thanks for the Quest 64 review... I found it rather helpful and quite objective (not to mention the other reviews as well). I think at least in Quest 64's case, it's hard to find any "decent" reviews that disclose the redeeming qualities of a really underappreciated game... usually if a reviewer doesn't like a game, they typically go off on how the whole game is crap, even when there very well may be some aspects of the game which were implemented rather well.

Anyways, just wanted to say thanks... and that I'll eventually be adding Quest 64 to my collection because of you. ;)
(Can't promise I'll enjoy it as much as you have, but I'll certainly give it a fair shot!)

... Also, I think Jahutey's got a pretty good point in alphabetizing the titles (and hopefully there will eventually be enough reviews here where this would help!).
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), Rayman Legends, Fat Princess Adventures, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

dataDyne
Forum Dinosaur!
Hydronix, thanks for your contribution. Your Quest 64 review is great.

Hope you all enjoy my first two reviews, I've got many more coming ^_^
-alxbly

floorcat
Member Avatar
Hey dataDyne, sorry, I didn't mean to undermine your Rayman review... I thought that (and now your Ep.1 Racer) review is great as well! It just seemed like Quest 64 has been more "sidelined' through the years. I'm beginning to feel some pride for our new "User Reviews" section... hopefully it'll (continue/evolve to) be a nice treasure trove for games that haven't seen that many reviews, or haven't received as much credit than they should've... and maybe I'll get off my butt and contribute too!

Quote:

I've got many more coming ^_^
I'm looking forward to reading 'em!! :D
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), Rayman Legends, Fat Princess Adventures, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

dataDyne
Forum Dinosaur!
Hope everybody enjoys my Donkey Kong 64 review. ^_^
-alxbly

Irene(Hydronix)
Member Avatar
Level 30 Necromancer/Master of Quest 64
Thanks. :P I originally made it at a Smash Bros. based boards. Per the rules there, atleast one tip was needed.

Here's two for Quest 64.

-Get water level to 7 for Healing Lvl 1(very important for beginners)
-Don't get spirit bubbles right away. They level you up faster...but also act the same as a rare candy. You'll gain less experience from the current monster(s) you'd be fighting, and will never max out your elements. It may be more challenging, but still recommended. Just get them all after you can't gain any more experience.(basically, you'll have 98 battle spirits, and 98 spirit bubbles. These max you out at 50/50/50/50 for elements. It's almost impossible to get them to those stats if you get spirit bubbles.)

Other than that, have fun!
Even bastards need to let off some steam.

And apparently have more egos than Waffles.

dataDyne
Forum Dinosaur!
Sorry everybody, I've been a bit slack and haven't submitted a review in the last few days. Once I get over "over tired" stage I'll submit a couple more. ^_^
-alxbly

floorcat
Member Avatar
Thanks for the Quest 64 tips Hydronix!
I'll be sure to use them when I get around to playing the game. (Can't say when that'll be, though!)

Quote:

Sorry everybody, I've been a bit slack and haven't submitted a review in the last few days. Once I get over "over tired" stage I'll submit a couple more.
I've noticed, and I'm disappointed in you dataDyne. :angry:

... Just kidding... ^_^ take your time. There's no way I could hold this against you... esp. since I've subitted exactly zero reviews thus far.

Rapueda (retired)
Member Avatar
Gemini Squadron
floorcat
Jul 16 2006, 01:20 AM
There's no way I could hold this against you... esp. since I've subitted exactly zero reviews thus far.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Posted Image

dataDyne
Forum Dinosaur!
Everybody, I'm REALLY sorry, as a result of the accumulation of working hard and being slack I'm still yet to write another review. Once I get back into the flow of things I should have a few posted. Look foward to my upcoming reviews of 1080 Snowboarding, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Shadow Man and StarCraft 64.
-alxbly

StYoung
Member Avatar
Elite
I would write some but summer work has be too busy. I've written two (IMO) pretty alright reviews that can be found on GameFAQs or HonestGamers. So if your interested in Fable: TLC, or Lord of the Rings: The Third Age, click here.

And great job so far dataDyne and Hydronix for writing some really informative and good reviews :D
dagoss,Nov 17 2007
05:13 PM
OMG, this is the best topic ever made.  I nominate Steve for God!

Deleted User
Deleted User

^ Your Fable:TLC review is excellent (I've not read the other two because I've not played those games). And Fable was pretty good as well. I completed Fable 100% then bought TLC and done it all again. Didn't mind cos it's such a good game.

When I get some free time I'll write a review of World Driver Championship.
Quote Post Goto Top

StYoung
Member Avatar
Elite

I did the same thing with buying both Fables, but didn't beat either 100%. The uber (Skorm I think) bow was too hard to get and I really didn't feel like killing 100 or whatever the number was guards to turn them all into Balverines.

Fable 2 was announced for Xbox 360 if you haven't heard. That, Gears of War, the new Bioware RPG, and Banjo Threeie are pretty much making me buy an Xbox 360.
dagoss,Nov 17 2007

niniendowarrior
Unregistered

I not sure if I'm doing the right thing by posting this but I have a couple of reviews on GameFAQs (same username) if anyone is interested to read.

Any inputs on how my writing style sucks bad or how to improve is welcome. :P

I'm not sure if I can hard-link into Gamefaqs (under user agreement there) but I wanted to contribute so badly into this forum...

Edit: Oh well... since the guys up here have done it... might as well do so.

click here
Quote Post Goto Top

StYoung
Member Avatar
Elite
The review board has been pretty beat for a while so I figured we need something to make it a lively place to chill at.

First off I figure I might start submitting some stuff.

Then I was thinking about having a "Review of the Week" or Two Weeks, or Month.

I guess I'd decide the winner but if anyone else wants to do we could split it up.

What do you guys say?
dagoss,Nov 17 2007

Rapueda (retired)
Member Avatar
Gemini Squadron
Sounds good!! Were you thinking of you picking a particular game, and we'd write a mini-review of it, or would we each do a review on whatever game we wanted?
Posted Image

dagoss
Member Avatar
Smarty Pants
I assume I automatically win, yes?

dataDyne
Forum Dinosaur!
dagoss
Jan 24 2007, 08:44 PM
I assume I automatically win, yes?

I hate to say it, but this time, you are not right.

This competition is a great idea, I'll definately participate.
-alxbly

Mop it up
Member Avatar
Forum Urban Legend
I don't like the idea of us competing with one another (and not just because I think dagoss would win). But if it gets people writing, then it's hard to be against it.

StYoung
Member Avatar
Elite
I was just thinking the participants could write for any game, but I suppose choosing a game to review would also be pretty neat.

I think any game would be a better idea though, as it gets opinons on more games out there.
dagoss,Nov 17 2007

Deleted User
Deleted User

Sounds good to me. :D
Quote Post Goto Top

dagoss
Member Avatar
Smarty Pants
Well if we're not reviewing the same game, it would be pretty hard to judge them --

StYoung
Member Avatar
Elite
You could just judge on the quality of the contribution. Places like Honest Gamers have weekly reviews like that and they go over great.

But I guess doing the same game could be better. I suggest a vote or something to decide.

And is it going to be one judge at a time, or more to determine fairness? I like the second option myself.
dagoss,Nov 17 2007

Rapueda (retired)
Member Avatar
Gemini Squadron
Once we've got some reviews in you could make a poll, with the options being the user and game they've reviewed. Of course each writer will probably vote for themselves, but there should be enough people who didn't write any and are just voting based on which one they liked best.
Posted Image

StYoung
Member Avatar
Elite
Thats a great idea.

When should we start, and should we do it weekly or what?
dagoss,Nov 17 2007

Rapueda (retired)
Member Avatar
Gemini Squadron
StYoung
Jan 25 2007, 08:40 PM
When should we start, and should we do it weekly or what?

Up to you. :)
Posted Image

Irene(Hydronix)
Member Avatar
Level 30 Necromancer/Master of Quest 64
I'd rather we figure out who's participating, then ready an equal ammount of games to be fair. Two people doing the same game won't look as neat, cause it's simply who gives more information.

In addition, you can't use a review you've already submitted here...(although that should be obvious)
Even bastards need to let off some steam.

And apparently have more egos than Waffles.

StYoung
Member Avatar
Elite
Maybe we should do reviews of the games that have won the "Best Nintendo 64 game that starts with (letter)" topics?

If so, I claim Banjo Kazooie. ^_^

Does that sound good? Cause' if so I'll post the list of winners.

I guess after everyone thats participating has picked a game we'll decide on time issues.
dagoss,Nov 17 2007

Rapueda (retired)
Member Avatar
Gemini Squadron
I'd do Jet Force Gemini. ^_^

Also, it might be good to make a limit on how many words you can use (like 500 or whatever), that way people who don't have a whole lot of time to write won't have to face some massive reviews.
Posted Image

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Reviews · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: