Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Games you'll finish in 2009
Topic Started: Jan 18 2009, 08:01 PM (4,692 Views)
alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
List the games you'd like to finish this year and update everyone on your progress.

Here are some of the games I'd like to finish this year.

Wii:

Endless Ocean
No More Heroes
Super Mario Galaxy (...maybe)

Xbox 360:

007 Quantum of Solace
Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts
Bioshock
Bully Scholarship Edition
Far Cry 2
Gears of War
Prince of Persia
Project Gotham Racing 4
Pure
Saints Row 2
Viva Pinata

PS3:

Dead Space
Little Big Planet
Metal Gear Solid 4
Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

N64:

Banjo Tooie

Gamecube:

Doshin The Giant

There's many more that I'd like to finish but, realistically, I'll struggle to finish all the games I've listed above... and there will no doubt be plenty of great new games coming out that will join the list. Dammit, I need so much more time. :-8 ^_^

Here's the games I've already finished in 2009:

Call of Duty: World at War (finished on easy difficulty, I'll go back and play through on the hardest difficulty)
Kameo Elements of Power
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mop it up
Member Avatar
Forum Urban Legend
You never completed Endless Ocean? Me neither, but I'm not sure why. Maybe I'll get on that in 2009.

Anyways, I don't think I can really plan this out much as I'm not sure what I'll be in the mood for. I still have quite a few N64 games I've never finished/started, but I don't know if I'll muster up the interest. The trouble is going to be finding the motivation; seems like when it's game time I always go with Mario Kart Wii. Discovering the joys of YouTube, in both watching and uploading videos, doesn't help any either.

Wii
Endless Ocean: See above
Metroid Prime 3: played this only once so far. Just need to find some time to get into it.
Lego Star Wars The Complete Saga: Haven't started it yet.
Thrilleville Off The Rails: Haven't even broken the shrink wrap as I still can't decide if I should sell it or not.
Mario Strikers Charged: Still have to beat that last cup. The A.I. is so cheap to the point of madness. I don't really like this game that much either. I'll probably pull up a FAQ and see what I can learn.

DS
Super Mario 64 DS: Making some good progress in this by playing in bed every night. Almost got 100 stars.
New Super Mario Brothers: Played it just once so far. Kind of reminds me of Super Mario World, which is both a good and bad thing. Good because SMW has such refined gameplay, but bad because it doesn't feel very creative or inventive.

N64
Donkey Kong 64: I liked it but the abundance of collectables lead to a lack of motivation.
Rocket Robot on Wheels: Not sure why I stopped this one, I don't remember anything bad about it.
Starshot Space Circus Fever: The poor control got on my nerves, but this game has some interesting ideas.
Space Station Silicon Valley: I believe I got to a mission I found annoying difficult.
Earthworm Jim 3D: I don't recall anything offensive about this game either so I don't know why I didn't stick with it.
Rayman 2: Heard nothing but good things about it so I should really try it out.

And of course who knows what I'll buy and how that will affect things.

floorcat
Member Avatar
Nintendo sixty-floorcat :P
For now, I'm going for all of the ones I've started already:

PS3... trophies and all
Wipeout HD (HAH. We'll see)
PixelJunk Eden
LittleBigPlanet
Dark Sector (no trophies) :yeah:

Bioshock
Dead Rising
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), The Swapper, Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
It wasn't on my list but I finished CSI: Hard Evidence earlier today. My completions for this year are now:

CSI: Hard Evidence
Kameo Elements of Power
Call of Duty: World at War (finished on easy difficulty, I'll go back and play through on the hardest difficulty)

StYoung
Member Avatar
Elite
I guess these, with as many achievements as possible...
Assassin's Creed
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Fable II
Lego Indiana Jones
The Orange Box
dagoss,Nov 17 2007
05:13 PM
OMG, this is the best topic ever made.  I nominate Steve for God!

dataDyne
Forum Dinosaur!
Wii:
Endless Ocean
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

NOTE: I haven't actually bought these two games yet...but I will. :lol:

PS2:
God of War II
Guitar Hero III
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones

N64:
Donkey Kong 64
Shadow Man
Give this man a fish, and he can throw it up eleven times
-alxbly
PSN: LifeIsPreachy
Mario Kart Wii: 0088 - 2869 - 9843

migulic
Member Avatar
These are the games on my list to finish first, I'm pretty sure I'll finish them some time in 2009:

Psychonauts (PS2)
de Blob (Wii)
Donkey Konga (GCN)
Portal (360)

after that, those are next up:

ICO (PS2)
Half-Life 2 + the episodes (360)
Trauma Center: Second Opinion (Wii)
Prince of Persia (360)
The World Ends With You (NDS)

and many, many more :)
Posted Image

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: That's for blasphemy! - 20G

Arch Evil
Member Avatar
Occasional Forum Lurker
N64:

Jet Force Gemini
Shadow Man
Doom 64 (probably)
Body Harvest (maybe)

PS2:
GTA: Liberty City Stories
GTA: Vice City Stories

PC:
Sam & Max: Season Two (has yet to be released here, but it will soon)
Morrowind
Neverwinter Nights 2
Grim Fandango
Sacred Gold

Depending if they're release this year:
Diablo III (PC)
Half Life 2: Episode Three (PC)
Miles Edgeworth: Perfect Prosecutor (DS)
Probably some other DS games, I haven't bought any lately so who knows :)
Posted Image

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
I'm gonna rationalise my list. These are the games I might realistically finish this year:

Xbox 360:

007 Quantum of Solace
Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts
Bioshock
Gears of War
Ironman
Prince of Persia
Pure
Resident Evil 5
Saints Row 2

PS3:

Dead Space

Wii

No More Heroes

11 games, that's one per month for the rest of the year. That should just about be possible.

Maybe. :unsure: :-/

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
Finished Ironman yesterday.

Completed this year:

Ironman
Kameo Elements of Power
Call of Duty: World at War

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
Errr... is no-one else completing any games? :(

Anyways, finished Fight Night Round 3 today.

Completed in 2009:

Fight Night Round 3
Ironman
Kameo Elements of Power
Call of Duty: World at War

dataDyne
Forum Dinosaur!
So far I've finished:

God of War II
GTA: Liberty City Stories

One of which wasn't on my list of games to finish. :rollseyes:
Edited by dataDyne, Feb 5 2009, 05:31 PM.
-alxbly

niniendowarrior
Sprinting to finish Tomb Raider Legends (GC).

Okamikee
Member Avatar
Pwner of n00bz.
The only thing I finished this year that I haven't finished before is:

- God of War: Chains of Olympus
"Only an idiot quotes himself." - Me

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
I finished Fallout 3 in 2008 but yesterday I finsihed the Fallout 3 DLC. :)

Mop it up
Member Avatar
Forum Urban Legend
alxbly
Feb 5 2009, 11:18 AM
Errr... is no-one else completing any games? :(
Maybe not everyone hath as much free time as thee, nor canst they spend the entirety of their precious free time playing -- much less completing -- games.

Gotta add two more titles to my list of games to complete:
Battalion Wars II
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

Paper Mario will probably be the first one I complete this year, followed by Metroid Prime 3.
Mario Kart Wii hasn't been helping matters though. >_<

By the way, since I never mentioned it: Before 2008 ended, I completed Super Mario Galaxy 100% which is what I had aimed for. :D

migulic
Member Avatar
I just beat de Blob. Good game, although very annoying because of: a) the flick-the-Wiimote-to-jump controls and b) the fact that you can only save after completing a level, which can take more than an hour. That's the reason why I will probably never play this game again :). It was good while it lasted, though.

Next up is Psychonauts. For those 'in the know', I just passed the point of no return in that game so I guess I must be pretty close to beating it.

After that, who knows... According to my Backloggery, I have 68 unfinished games. I'll try to finish as many of those as possible, except the JRPGs (Tales of Symphonia, Baten Kaitos, Final Fantasy X) which I will leave for the summer break and DS/GBA games, which I will leave for holidays.
Posted Image

Mr.378
Member Avatar
The Fallen Hero
First Priority: Earthbound, I don't see how I've had the game for so long, yet didn't complete it.(or Start it, for that matter.)

I'd also like to finish Super Metriod, I almost last year, then my save file randomly got deleted, and I lost all motivation to play it.

There are probably more, but that's enough for now.
Edited by Mr.378, Feb 7 2009, 09:55 PM.

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
Mop_it_up
Feb 7 2009, 12:20 PM
Maybe not everyone hath as much free as thee, nor canst they spend the entirety of their precious free time playing -- much less completing -- games.
Do you mean other people have time to eat and go to the toilet? I haven't done that in weeks because I've been too busy spending every single second playing games. Every. Single. Second. :P

Wait a minute... if I'm spending all my time playing games how can I have time to:
  • work to pay for my games and (less importantly) pay my rent
  • socialize with my friends and my (probably imaginary) lady
  • post here

In future I will dedicate more time to gaming and less to those other non-essential tasks. ^_^

Mop it up
Member Avatar
Forum Urban Legend
I think you missed a key word in my post: free. Free time. As in, time not spent on obligatory tasks, such as work.

You seem a bit defensive lately; perhaps I should try to tone down on my cynicism/sarcasm/satire. :mellow:

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
Mop_it_up
Feb 8 2009, 03:05 AM
You seem a bit defensive lately; perhaps I should try to tone down on my cynicism/sarcasm/satire. :mellow:
I don't take it seriously, mate. Don't worry about it. :)

floorcat
Member Avatar
Mr.378
Feb 7 2009, 09:53 PM
First Priority: Earthbound, I don't see how I've had the game for so long, yet didn't complete it.(or Start it, for that matter.)
:o :o :blink: :o :blink: :o :o

Yes. Priority. number. ONE. :yeah:
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), The Swapper, Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Mop it up
Member Avatar
Forum Urban Legend
Oh hells yeah, Earthbound is always priority number one! If you aren't going to give it the attention it requires, you don't deserve to have it and should sell it to somebody who would appreciate it.

floorcat
Member Avatar
100% completion:
PixelJunk Eden
LittleBigPlanet (pending a non-sucky level, or any level, being published)
Dark Sector
Deadly Creatures
MadWorld
Siren: Blood Curse
*deep breath*
BioShock & Dead Rising (yes, on Xbox 360)
*another deep breath, because this is getting un-realistic*
Burnout Paradise

bare-minimum "beat" the game, because 100% may take at least 2 years of solid practice:
WipeOut HD
Rock Band 2
Guitar Hero World Tour

niniendowarrior
Gamecube:

Tomb Raider Legends

migulic
Member Avatar
Just finished Psychonauts. Great game, especially when it comes to the story and the humour, as well as the level design. The *spoiler* Conspiracy, *spoiler*opolis and *spoiler* World are some of my favourite levels in any game, ever. Those who played the game will know which levels I mean :)

Next up: probably Donkey Konga or Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, together with The Orange Box.
Posted Image

dataDyne
Forum Dinosaur!
Free time is irrelevant in gaming. You make time for video games. ;)

Most of my gaming is done at 1:00 AM, about 6 hours before I have to go to work or uni.
-alxbly

Matt
Member Avatar
Kick, Punch, It's all in the mind
Well I didn't finish a game so far this year but i did finish though the fire and flames on guitar hero 3 on expert. I have a video that i will upload on youtube soon
Posted Image

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Man, I haven't even played anything in a couple of weeks. And the last games I've played were sports games so that doesn't really count. But I will try to finish my Silent Hill Origins game this year. I'd also like to start on and finish some PS1 rpg's like Final Fantasy 7, 8 and 9, Xenogears, Grandia, Star Ocean: The Second Story and perhaps a few other PS1 gems. I guess we'll see.

floorcat
Member Avatar
spikie
Feb 9 2009, 03:06 PM
Well I didn't finish a game so far this year but i did finish though the fire and flames on guitar hero 3 on expert. I have a video that i will upload on youtube soon
:omg: :omg: :omg: :omg:

Yeah, I'd say that counts.

Maybe even the equivalent of finishing TWO games!!

:omg: :omg: :omg:

I can't believe there are people out there (*ahem*spikie) who can actually play through this song. I've only gotten one or two songs deep into the last tier of Expert in GHIII, and my hand physically can't move in the necessary ways, or move that fast. Then there's TtFaF... I die pretty consistently about... 5 seconds in. >_<

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Other Topic Archives · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: