Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Most Worthless Nintendo 64 Game; As in, cheapest price.
Topic Started: Jan 26 2009, 05:30 PM (2,104 Views)
Mop it up
Member Avatar
Forum Urban Legend
What is the most worthless N64 game you have come across in your travels, as in the cheapest price you've seen for a game that doesn't sell?

In my experience, the most worthless game is Madden Football 64. A couple years ago, GameStop stores discontinued accepting older games as trade-ins, and began selling off their remaining stock at discounted prices. It eventually got down to a bin of sports games, at least half of which were Madden Football 64 which were priced at $0.25.

The game can usually be found on eBay with a starting bid of one cent, but I doubt anyone ever buys them because of the shipping charges. It usually ends up in Nintendo 64 system auctions so that they can be advertised as including game(s).
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
The cheapest N64 games I've seen here in the UK are also sports games. The Fifa games are our Madden equivalent (since soccer is really big here where as American football is pretty niche), I've seen them for 50 pence (0.50), with a "buy one get free" offer as well. Usually they don't sell and end up getting thrown out by the stores.

A Gamestation store near me had a huge wire basket full of old NES, SNES, Megadrive (Genesis), and N64 carts... mostly sports games or really s***ty third party games. One day i went there and the whole lot had just been thrown out. I reckon there were at least 300 games that they had binned... they just couldn't sell them.

dataDyne
Forum Dinosaur!
In Australia, I'd say that the most worthless N64 games would be the various basketball games. Those seem to be the ones that are both the cheapest and easiest to find.
Give this man a fish, and he can throw it up eleven times
-alxbly
PSN: LifeIsPreachy
Mario Kart Wii: 0088 - 2869 - 9843

Mop it up
Member Avatar
Forum Urban Legend
alxbly
Jan 26 2009, 05:50 PM
One day i went there and the whole lot had just been thrown out.
If they had just thrown them out, then rummage through the dumpster and collect them!

That's what I'd have done anyway... :phear:

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
Mop_it_up
Jan 26 2009, 06:02 PM
alxbly
One day i went there and the whole lot had just been thrown out.
If they had just thrown them out, then rummage through the dumpster and collect them!

That's what I'd have done anyway... :phear:
If they had still been there I actually would have. They had Xena Warrior Princess, Taz Express and a few other third party games that I was curious about. But sadly, I was a few weeks too late in going back.

Arch Evil
Member Avatar
Occasional Forum Lurker
I think that has to be Fifa 64. I don't remember what it costed, but it was cheap. Still a waste of money though...
Posted Image

migulic
Member Avatar
Probably Super Mario 64. The only N64 game that you can find tons of, both on eBay and in retro game stores, for very cheap. Although the sports games mentioned might be even worse :)
Posted Image

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: That's for blasphemy! - 20G

Yoshi64
Member Avatar
Established Member
migulic
Jan 28 2009, 06:34 AM
Probably Super Mario 64. The only N64 game that you can find tons of, both on eBay and in retro game stores, for very cheap. Although the sports games mentioned might be even worse :)
Super Mario 64 is not cheap, it's common, but not cheap.
:n64: :n64: :n64: :n64:

Deleted User
Deleted User

In my personal opinion, anything on the Virtual Console, no offense. Unless you want to experience the extra features on certain games, they are probably only worth the price on the Virtual Console.

Now if you don't have a Wii, I don't know what to say about that.
Quote Post Goto Top

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
dataDyne
Jan 26 2009, 05:56 PM
In Australia, I'd say that the most worthless N64 games would be the various basketball games. Those seem to be the ones that are both the cheapest and easiest to find.
I would say it was Forumla One World Grand prix.
I saw SO many copies of that game back in the day (as in just a few years ago).

Deleted User
Deleted User

D.J Cat
Feb 16 2010, 05:44 PM
dataDyne
I used to own that game. It was pretty enjoyable. I wouldn't say it was the most worthless, mainly because it was highly acclaimed by critics and wasn't bog down by worthless sequels like most of EA Sport's franchise.
Quote Post Goto Top

Wrath Oskvro
Member Avatar
Established Member
Old topic, but I thought I'd bring it back up again because only sports games were covered here..and those are obvious picks.

After doing some searching on amazon.com, I found a few titles actually worth picking up that are also ridiculously cheap.

Robotron 64 is priced at $0.01. I s*** you not! This game isn't for everyone, but some do enjoy it.

Biofreaks.. $0.20. I didn't care for this one, but alot of people seem to like it.

Wave Race 64.. $1.09

Turok 2.. $1.94

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater.. $0.02

Turok: Dinosaur Hunter.. $1.99

Star Wars Episode 1 Racer.. $0.98

1080 Snowboarding.. $1.00.

There are others but I'm not going to go through every one of them.
Edited by Mop it up, Jul 27 2010, 12:40 PM.
Posted Image
VISIT MY SITE!!! http://wrath.digimantis.com

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
N64 games are still bargains, with a few exceptions it's still really only the first party and Rare stuff that has any value.

Turok 2 for less than $2? Bargain. :)

Wrath Oskvro
Member Avatar
Established Member
Yeah, well like this topic says, worthless meaning price. :p Seriously, Robotron for a penny? Epic. :omg:
Posted Image

Retro Junkie
Member Avatar
There is no spoon.
Wrath Oskvro
Jul 26 2010, 03:40 PM
Yeah, well like this topic says, worthless meaning price. :p Seriously, Robotron for a penny? Epic. :omg:
I love playing Robotron and the Star Wars Racer out of that list. :D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Wrath Oskvro
Member Avatar
Established Member
I haven't actually played Robotron but from the vids I've seen it looks like something I'd definitely have fun with..and I miss playing Episode 1 Racer!! I don't know if I should get the N64 or Dreamcast version though. :P
Posted Image

Mop it up
Member Avatar
Forum Urban Legend
Wrath Oskvro
Jul 26 2010, 09:24 PM
I miss playing Episode 1 Racer!! I don't know if I should get the N64 or Dreamcast version though. :P
Unless you absolutely prefer the Nintendo 64 controller, I would think the Dreamcast version would run more smoothly. I've no idea if there are any differences in features, though.

Also, please be careful with the swearing.

Wrath Oskvro
Member Avatar
Established Member
o.o I don't see where I'm swearing in this thread, but if I have in others, my apologies.
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
Wrath Oskvro
Jul 26 2010, 09:24 PM
I miss playing Episode 1 Racer!! I don't know if I should get the N64 or Dreamcast version though. :P
There are a few of us that still actively play SW Episode 1 Racer (YouTube, Podracing Elite). I prefer the N64 version for the fun factor, but the PC version is smoother and the the PC joysticks (i.e., 3D Pro Extreme) are way better. No one there or on cyberscore seems to play the Dreamcast version, but DC has some of the cutscenes that the N64 cart lacks.

Plus, as you note, the N64 version is *unbelievably* *criminally* cheap (and plentiful) on eBay!

Whatever version you choose, get racing!
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Mop it up
Member Avatar
Forum Urban Legend
Wrath Oskvro
Jul 27 2010, 02:00 PM
o.o I don't see where I'm swearing in this thread, but if I have in others, my apologies.
Here:

Quote:

Robotron 64 is priced at $0.01. I s*** you not! This game isn't for everyone, but some do enjoy it.
It's no biggie, we just require the heavier swears to be at least partially obscured.

Wrath Oskvro
Member Avatar
Established Member
Ahh whoops. Sorry about that :p I'll censor or something from now on.
Posted Image

danny_galaga
Member Avatar
alxbly
The cheapest N64 games I've seen here in the UK are also sports games. The Fifa games are our Madden equivalent (since soccer is really big here where as American football is pretty niche), I've seen them for 50 pence (0.50), with a "buy one get free" offer as well. Usually they don't sell and end up getting thrown out by the stores.

A Gamestation store near me had a huge wire basket full of old NES, SNES, Megadrive (Genesis), and N64 carts... mostly sports games or really s***ty third party games. One day i went there and the whole lot had just been thrown out. I reckon there were at least 300 games that they had binned... they just couldn't sell them.

A pity about the Genesis carts. There is some use for the empty carts for homebrew. Maybe the NES too. Sell 'em ten for a dollar :D
D.J Cat
Feb 16 2010, 05:44 PM
dataDyne

I'd second Formula 1 Grand Prix in Australia. I bought a different game once, but they didn't send me the one in the listing (which was in great condition). The one they sent me had felt tip pen all over the back. Since I was a preveioud happy customer I asked them if they could send me anything broken that still ahd a good back to it so i could swap them over. guess what they sent me...
Edited by danny_galaga, Aug 3 2010, 05:20 AM.

Alice Lawless
Member Avatar
N64 collection completed 7/29/12
I'm gonna have to jump on some of these deals. Right meow I got 133/296. Pretty good seeing as how a year ago I only had 8 left from when the system died.
Facebook:
STIK ROSS
Posted Image
Posted Image
297/296 NTSC N64 [100%] (Zelda GOLD)
7/7 PAL N64 [100%]

« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply