Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
What's the best deal you got for N64 stuff?
Topic Started: Nov 24 2007, 10:05 PM (1,974 Views)
85 GT Kid
I just got a N64 console with power pack (no A/V cable or expansion pak) and it had a Pokemon snap game for $6.30 at Goodwill :D. Sold the game to my friend for $2 so I got it for $4 and bought a cable for $4 :D. Gonna either use it to make a Portable 64 or custom paint the case :D.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
A couple of weeks ago i bought a mint boxed Clear Blue console w. matching controller and Super Mario 64 pack-in game, Zelda OOT (CIB) and DK64 + Memory Expansion Pak (CIB). All for the princely sum of 5 euro (about 7,30$). That has to be the bestest N64 deal anyone has ever had.
Edited by Mk II, May 18 2011, 02:23 PM.
Posted Image

regnad
Member Avatar
Button Masher
A pair of Hori mini pads -- green and blue -- at a local used electronics store here in Japan for about $3 each.

Haven't seen that again, but I'm always on the lookout.

Usually at gaming shops here they go for about $25.

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
I got evrything in this picture at a yard sale for just six bucks.

Posted Image
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

Meptrep
Member Avatar
Dreams of Dreamcast
One time I got an N64 console, Mario Kart 64, Super Smash Bros, and Mario Party 3 for only $15.
Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Quote:

I got evrything in this picture at a yard sale for just six bucks

thats a pretty good deal Grizzmeister!
Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Mk II
May 18 2011, 03:33 PM
Quote:

I got evrything in this picture at a yard sale for just six bucks

thats a pretty good deal Grizzmeister!
Indeed! That's what makes collecting for the N64 so fun. Sadly, now the pendulum has swung the other way and everybody thinks that every N64 game is a collector's item. <_<
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
Grizzmeister
May 18 2011, 03:40 PM
Sadly, now the pendulum has swung the other way and everybody thinks that every N64 game is a collector's item. <_<
What I am noticing too is that ebay listings are increasing becoming (1) made by commercial outfits and (2) Buy It Now dominant, resulting in fewer opportunities to score sweet deals.

Oh, my favorite score was Wave Rave 64 Japan Rumble version for $6 shipped from Japan!
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Cabanon
Elite
85 GT Kid
May 18 2011, 10:48 AM
I just got a N64 console with power pack (no A/V cable or expansion pak) and it had a Pokemon snap game for $6.30 at Goodwill :D. Sold the game to my friend for $2 so I got it for $4 and bought a cable for $4 :D. Gonna either use it to make a Portable 64 or custom paint the case :D.
O_O holy crap.....

Alice Lawless
Member Avatar
N64 collection completed 7/29/12
My best deal was a complete in box copy of Conker's Bad Fur Day, still in the original wrapping for only $22 including shipping!!
Facebook:
STIK ROSS
Posted Image
Posted Image
297/296 NTSC N64 [100%] (Zelda GOLD)
7/7 PAL N64 [100%]

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Alice Lawless
May 19 2011, 04:29 PM
My best deal was a complete in box copy of Conker's Bad Fur Day, still in the original wrapping for only $22 including shipping!!
Great deal. I've watch the price on that game rise by about 75% over the last several months. So my burning question is: preservation or play?
Edited by bluedogrulez, May 20 2011, 07:23 AM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Alice Lawless
Member Avatar
N64 collection completed 7/29/12
bluedogrulez
May 20 2011, 07:23 AM
Alice Lawless
May 19 2011, 04:29 PM
Great deal. I've watch the price on that game rise by about 75% over the last several months. So my burning question is: preservation or play?
Excuse my lack of formality when I say this, but I played the $#!% out of it! :D

This was back in 2006, it was the last N64 game I bought before I started collecting in 2009. I wanted that game ever since I did a report about it in school back in the 3rd grade (there was an article in the newspaper that was written by an angry mother who said that the game was evil and corrupted her son). My parents wouldn't let me get it until five years later when I was in the 8th grade. That's when I scoped the deal. Immediately upon receiving it in the mail (yes, I actually sat in front of the window at 9:00 every morning waiting for deliver day), I tore open the wrapping, but carefully opened and preserved the box. In fact, I still have the box and manual and all that good stuff sitting on my N64 shelf. I wish I saved all my other boxes for games I got brand new back in the day (Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, Donkey Kong 64, The World Is Not Enough, Automobili Lamborghini, Pokemon Stadium, Pokemon Stadium 2, Hey You Pikachu). Now I only have the boxes for Conker's Bad Fur Day, Rugrats in Paris, and the GameShark 3.3
Facebook:
STIK ROSS
Posted Image
Posted Image
297/296 NTSC N64 [100%] (Zelda GOLD)
7/7 PAL N64 [100%]

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Alice Lawless
May 20 2011, 08:45 AM
Excuse my lack of formality when I say this, but I played the $#!% out of it! :D

Good for you!!

The NES was my era and back then I had not clue that the boxes and (mostly useless NES) manuals would have any value later on. They only made the pile of games under our TV more unruly. Oh well.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

clarky_n64
Member Avatar
Modding Monster
I think the best deal I ever got was trading an old PC motherboard which I got free from work for an N64, 2 official controllers, expansion pak, memory pak, rumble pak and 12 games one of which was Res Evil 2.
Clarky & Smithy Creations YouTube Channel

jonebone
Member Avatar
Clayfighter Sculptor's Cut CIB on a $25 BIN last fall or summer.

85 GT Kid
Just got 007 The World is not Enough and Star Wars Rogue Squadron for $3 each at goodwill and got wcw/nwo revenge for $0.75 at goodwill :D

ddr2nite
Member Avatar
Controller Collecting Extraordinaire
I'd have to say that my best deal would have to be my Nintendo Power 100 controller from EBay for a Buy It Now at $30 + $5 shipping. The controller was near perfect.
Posted ImageClick here to check out my N64 collection.
N64 Controllers: 30/30 Completed | ASCII Controllers: 15/15 Completed
N.A. Boxes: 8/8 Completed | Japan Boxes: 21/21 Completed
Full NTSC-J CIB Set: 198/198 Completed

"trust me, we all started with just one or two games
and then things kinda got out of hand
" - MK II

zar
Member Avatar
Ice Blue N64 with 8 catridges and 2 good controllers $54
Good Will sucks around here all they ever have is some crappy Xbox games and they're not even that great of prices.
Posted Image

Heinrold
Member Avatar
every now and then i get a good deal.
the best one i recently had was a N64 with 4 controllers and 5 boxed games (mario party 2, goldeneye,...) for 55. till now i only resold the n64 and 3 controllers and got the rest for free like that.
:n64: = :)
Always many PAL games for sale:
http://s9.zetaboards.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/topic/7338905/1

modelcarjedi
Member Avatar
I paid 20$ for this lot
Posted Image

85 GT Kid
zar
May 24 2011, 09:39 PM
Ice Blue N64 with 8 catridges and 2 good controllers $54
Good Will sucks around here all they ever have is some crappy Xbox games and they're not even that great of prices.
Yea the goodwills around here usually suck too but I guess ive just been lucky lol. Im gonna hit one in the city today and hopefully they'll have something good :D.

lithium017
Member Avatar
Is Now Posting With Power
Roughly 8 months ago while I was studying in university, I found an ad on kijiji (really good in Canada but it stinks in the US) that didn't have any pictures listed. It simply said "N64 stuff for sale." I called the woman who posted the ad and she simply said her dad passed away and was "crazy" about collecting. She said he kept all the boxes and stuff in mint condition.

I drove there that evening and found:

Boxed N64 Console w extra Atomic Purple Controller MINT with manuals and everything
Boxed Green Controller
Boxed Black Controller
Boxed Blue Controller
Boxed Memory Card
Boxed Complete Diddy Kong Racing
Boxed Complete Super Mario 64
Boxed Complete Donkey Kong 64
Boxed Complete Super Smash Bros
Boxed Complete Mario Kart 64
Boxed Complete Perfect Dark
Boxed Complete Goldeneye
Boxed Complete Zelda Ocarina of Time
Boxed Complete Zelda Majora's Mask
Boxed Complete Wave Race
and a few guides.

She only was asking $40 for the lot. I felt bad so I gave her $50 :P I still feel like I robbed her blind.

That was one of the best feelings finding that lot. I had most of them already and sold a lot of it since.
Click For Nintendo Collecting Youtube Page

N64 Consoles: 16 / 16 N64 Controllers 29 / 30 N64 Accessories: 8 / 10
NES: 32 --- SNES: 133 --- N64: 64 --- Gamecube: 78--- Wii: 75 --- WiiU: 14

Cabanon
Elite
thats a steal. im following kijiji in Quebec (in every region) and there's not much left good. everyone is asking top dollar for their stuff. sure you get cheap stuff here and there, but that's the usual stuff. i was at a fleamarket last week-end and a loose console (with 2 worn out controller), a boxed Dr Mario 64 & boxed Super Mario 64 and the woman was asking 100$. that was f**king crazy. at top she probably could have get 50$ for it.

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Yeh, some folk think old = rare = valuable. Couple of weeks ago i came across a guy who wanted 45 Euro (70 bucks?) for a boxed Super Scope light gun. HAH ! i'm didnt even try to haggle him b/c he was so delusional.
Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Mk II
May 26 2011, 10:44 AM
Yeh, some folk think old = rare = valuable. Couple of weeks ago i came across a guy who wanted 45 Euro (70 bucks?) for a boxed Super Scope light gun. HAH ! i'm didnt even try to haggle him b/c he was so delusional.
We're partially to blame because as we collect we leave fewer games and peripherals out on the open market. Also, word starts to spread that crazy collectors are paying outrageous prices for obsolete video gaming paraphernalia.

Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Quote:

crazy collectors are paying outrageous prices

shhhhssssssttttt!!! Quiet, you are only making it worse! :D
Posted Image

Shangyou
Member Avatar
Dreamwalker
The best deal I've ever got was probably a Doctor V64 for $50 but it broke down one week later so I guess it wasn't such a good deal after all. >_<
Posted Image

clarky_n64
Member Avatar
Modding Monster
Shangyou
May 26 2011, 05:30 PM
The best deal I've ever got was probably a Doctor V64 for $50 but it broke down one week later so I guess it wasn't such a good deal after all. >_<
That sucks :( shame you live so far away as i reckon i could fix it.

Collecting n64 stuff has gone crazy in the UK now. I even get outbid on some pretty shitty sports games now that no one even looked at this time last year.
Clarky & Smithy Creations YouTube Channel

lithium017
Member Avatar
Is Now Posting With Power
For kijiji in Canada you really need to search and hunt to find stuff. Sometimes it can be very rewarding. Gamecube games for $5 is what I am now after before they are hard to find. I have to agree that people are catching on and selling things for higher and higher values.

MKII - I paid $30 for my Super Scope for the SNES boxed in mint condition, but I would not have paid more.
Edited by lithium017, May 27 2011, 07:53 AM.
Click For Nintendo Collecting Youtube Page

N64 Consoles: 16 / 16 N64 Controllers 29 / 30 N64 Accessories: 8 / 10
NES: 32 --- SNES: 133 --- N64: 64 --- Gamecube: 78--- Wii: 75 --- WiiU: 14

Purtle
Member Avatar
lithium017
May 26 2011, 07:38 AM
Roughly 8 months ago while I was studying in university, I found an ad on kijiji (really good in Canada but it stinks in the US) that didn't have any pictures listed. It simply said "N64 stuff for sale." I called the woman who posted the ad and she simply said her dad passed away and was "crazy" about collecting. She said he kept all the boxes and stuff in mint condition.

I drove there that evening and found:

Boxed N64 Console w extra Atomic Purple Controller MINT with manuals and everything
Boxed Green Controller
Boxed Black Controller
Boxed Blue Controller
Boxed Memory Card
Boxed Complete Diddy Kong Racing
Boxed Complete Super Mario 64
Boxed Complete Donkey Kong 64
Boxed Complete Super Smash Bros
Boxed Complete Mario Kart 64
Boxed Complete Perfect Dark
Boxed Complete Goldeneye
Boxed Complete Zelda Ocarina of Time
Boxed Complete Zelda Majora's Mask
Boxed Complete Wave Race
and a few guides.

She only was asking $40 for the lot. I felt bad so I gave her $50 :P I still feel like I robbed her blind.

That was one of the best feelings finding that lot. I had most of them already and sold a lot of it since.
That's amazing.

So jealous.

I wish kijiji was good in the US (it's awful)
Check out My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/Purtle28PatrickSSB

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: