Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Displaying game boxes
Topic Started: Jun 14 2009, 12:41 AM (617 Views)
Mop it up
Member Avatar
Forum Urban Legend
As we all know, games for Nintendo cartridge systems came in cardboard boxes rather than plastic cases like discs do today. They're not good for storage and many people threw them away, making some of the ones for certain games valuable.

Because of their artwork, I want to put the boxes on display somewhere in my gaming room. They would really add the atmosphere. But they are delicate little things and I am worried about what could happen to them if I leave them exposed. They could get dusty or dirty, something could get spilled onto them, some clumsy klutz could trip and fall on them, etc.

What should I do? Should I keep the boxes stored away so they don't get damaged? Or is there no point in even having them if I'm not going to enjoy them?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

migulic
Member Avatar
Mop_it_up
Jun 14 2009, 12:41 AM
As we all know, games for Nintendo cartridge systems came in cardboard boxes rather than plastic cases like discs do today. They're not good for storage and many people threw them away, making some of the ones for certain games valuable.

Because of their artwork, I want to put the boxes on display somewhere in my gaming room. They would really add the atmosphere. But they are delicate little things and I am worried about what could happen to them if I leave them exposed. They could get dusty or dirty, something could get spilled onto them, some clumsy klutz could trip and fall on them, etc.

What should I do? Should I keep the boxes stored away so they don't get damaged? Or is there no point in even having them if I'm not going to enjoy them?
I don't have that problem myself (the only boxes I have are GBA boxes and I just keep those in a drawer) but how about folding up the boxes and hanging them up on a wall to make a 'N64 wall' or 'SNES wall'?
Posted Image

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: That's for blasphemy! - 20G

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
Mop_it_up
I have the same problem. For me it boils down to one thing; shelf space. I don't have enough to display everything so the more easily damaged card boxes for N64 games and Game Boy games get packaged up.

For now, that is. I'm hoping that in the future I'll have more space and will be able to display them.

Mop_it_up
But they are delicate little things and I am worried about what could happen to them if I leave them exposed.
Dust is easily fixed. Spills less so, but if you have the boxes up high then there's less chance that they would be affected. My main worry is sun fading. Faded boxes look crap and Nintendo's bright colors are especially receptive to sun fading. :(

StYoung
Member Avatar
Elite
How swag (etc.) is your gaming room?

My suggestion is to take a few of your favorite boxes and fold them, frame them, and hang them on your wall. It'd make you look totally classy.
dagoss,Nov 17 2007
05:13 PM
OMG, this is the best topic ever made.  I nominate Steve for God!

Yoshi64
Member Avatar
Established Member
You should definitely buy a clear display case that hangs on your wall, my friend had a clear plastic case on his wall for all his collectibles. You can open and close as you please and it is pretty much air tight so no dust, I'm sure you could buy one at like home depot or something. You can display them in their original "box" form, maybe if you take out the insides and inserts/manuals etc. and stuff it with paper to hold shape if you are worried about deterioration then put the inserts safe away.
Posted Image.

:n64: :n64: :n64: :n64:
Edited by Yoshi64, Jun 23 2009, 02:15 AM.
:n64: :n64: :n64: :n64:

« Previous Topic · Other Video Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply