Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
How many consoles do you have hooked up?
Topic Started: Aug 21 2009, 04:11 PM (1,492 Views)
alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
I've got three hooked up to my TV just now; 360, Wii and Ps3. I have a N64 hooked up to the TV in my bedroom. Wish I could find a solution for having more hooked up but

a) it becomes a mess
b) I just don't have the space

Plus, I don't want to seem too geeky...
Edited by alxbly, Aug 21 2009, 04:14 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Kick, Punch, It's all in the mind
On the tv in my bedroom I have a xbox 360 and my n64 and my wii sometimes

In my living room a 360, wii and ps3. I have my computer hooked up aswell if that counts

Posted Image

Chaos66
Member Avatar
Established Member
Posting pictures of your setup would be even better. :yeah:

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
chaos66

Posting pictures of your setup would be even better. :yeah:

http://s9.zetaboards.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/topic/419665/

macN64
Member Avatar
There's two TVs in my bedroom. Three are hooked up to my "main" one: Wii, PS2 and N64.
The other TV, which is really my brothers, has his 360 hooked up. There's another N64 underneath but it's not hooked up. I guess it's just there for decoration. :lol:
Youtube

Arch Evil
Member Avatar
Occasional Forum Lurker
I've got only 2 consoles, and they're both hooked up (although they seem to be better at catching dust these days...): a N64 (naturally :) ) and a PS2.
Posted Image

Mop it up
Member Avatar
Forum Urban Legend
It's kind of a mess but I manage to have a Super NES, Nintendo 64, GameCube, Wii, and PlayStation all hooked up to my television. The poor little NES is the only one which got packed up and shoved under a table.

migulic
Member Avatar
GameCube, Wii, PS2 and Xbox 360... in other words, all of my consoles. I'm lucky enough to have a TV with 4 SCART connections and one composite connection, so I can use all my consoles at once. The 360's video cords do dangle from the front of the TV though, since the composite connection is on the front.
Posted Image

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: That's for blasphemy! - 20G

Kerr Avon
Member Avatar
alxbly
Aug 21 2009, 04:11 PM
I've got three hooked up to my TV just now; 360, Wii and Ps3. I have a N64 hooked up to the TV in my bedroom. Wish I could find a solution for having more hooked up but

a) it becomes a mess
b) I just don't have the space

Plus, I don't want to seem too geeky...
Yep. I know what you mean (apart from the geeky part, I can't avoid that!).

I have the N64, the XBox, and the PS2 all connected up to my TV, along with my VHS recorder (which I'm going to replace with a domestic DVD recorder at some point), along with my Sky box. There's also a tangled mess of SCART and power leads, of course (no matter how tidy you leave them, you come back next day and they're always tied together in a mess :o ).

My other console, the Gamecube, is not currently connected up, as I don't have a free SCART socket.

I'd like to use either the XBox or the PS2 as a DVD player, but wear and tear would kill the drive, and so I have a seperate DVD player, which to use I have to connect up, and disconnect the PS2 (a nuisance, but unavoidable at present). I use the XBox to play mp3s, so I don't have a hi-fi system.

macN64
Member Avatar
migulic

I'm lucky enough to have a TV with 4 SCART connections and one composite connection, so I can use all my consoles at once.

Kerr Avon

My other console, the Gamecube, is not currently connected up, as I don't have a free SCART socket.

I'd like to use either the XBox or the PS2 as a DVD player, but wear and tear would kill the drive, and so I have a seperate DVD player, which to use I have to connect up, and disconnect the PS2 (a nuisance, but unavoidable at present).

Are you aware of boxes like these? I picked up one on sale from Homebase about a mounth ago. They're a bit crude, but they save you having to deconnect/reconnect everytime you want to use a different machine.
Youtube

Kerr Avon
Member Avatar
macN64
Aug 26 2009, 07:18 AM
migulic

I'm lucky enough to have a TV with 4 SCART connections and one composite connection, so I can use all my consoles at once.

Kerr Avon

I'd like to use either the XBox or the PS2 as a DVD player, but wear and tear would kill the drive, and so I have a seperate DVD player, which to use I have to connect up, and disconnect the PS2 (a nuisance, but unavoidable at present).

Are you aware of boxes like these? I picked up one on sale from Homebase about a mounth ago. They're a bit crude, but they save you having to deconnect/reconnect everytime you want to use a different machine.
I've got one of those, thanks (looks exactly the same one, except mine was from Argos (I think)), but that's only three SCARTs in (the outermost one is my PS2, which I swap for the DVD player when I need to). Next time I buy a TV, I'm really going to consider how many SCART sockets it has.

floorcat
Member Avatar
Nintendo sixty-floorcat :P
Geek-dom confirmed. PS3, 360, Wii all hooked up to the projector via connection selector. PS2 & Xbox set-up and ready to swap connections with the afore-mentioned 3 systems. Somehow I now also have a 2nd Wii, :huh: which is hooked up to the LCD. SNES & N64 packed. Tightly. Away.

So I guess that means 4 connected full-time, with an additional 2 in "the queue"...
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), Rayman Legends, Fat Princess Adventures, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
floorcat
Sep 1 2009, 11:33 PM
Geek-dom confirmed. PS3, 360, Wii all hooked up to the projector via connection selector. PS2 & Xbox set-up and ready to swap connections with the afore-mentioned 3 systems. Somehow I now also have a 2nd Wii, :huh: which is hooked up to the LCD. SNES & N64 packed. Tightly. Away.

So I guess that means 4 connected full-time, with an additional 2 in "the queue"...
I was gonna say "you need a Gamecube" but I guess there's no need if you own Wii(z).

If you own a black Wii I will have infinite and equal respect and hate for you. ^_^

floorcat
Member Avatar
Nintendo sixty-floorcat :P
alxbly
Sep 2 2009, 04:18 AM
If you own a black Wii I will have infinite and equal respect and hate for you. ^_^
Fear (respect/hate) not... as I will more likely have a PS3 slim before a black Wii. :P (and you already know my PS3 slim-gettin' status... only at temptation stage)
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), Rayman Legends, Fat Princess Adventures, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Piepants
Member Avatar
In my bedroom, I have the SNES, N64, and Gamecube hooked up to the same TV, and downstairs I have my Wii, Nintendo, PS2, and Dreamcast hooked up to the same HDTV.

Applepieman
Member Avatar
Veteran
Usually just the Wii though occasionally I'll bust out NES/SNES/N64. Looks to cluttered if I have more than two out at a time but I usually put the system back up when I'm done.

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
These are the consoles I have hooked up and the games I currently have in them.

CRT TV

Nintendo 64: Killer Instinct Gold

Wii: Super Smash Bros. Brawl although I'm actually playing the Project M soft mod.

HDTV

Wii: Yup, I've got two. :-8 This one has Mario Kart Wii for the CTGP Revolution mod.

Wii U: Pokken Tournament

PS4: Has the Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition disc in it because I still play Modern Warfare Remastered quite often.

I also have a Raspberry Pi connected to my HDTV although I don't really play the games I have on it too often.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
Oh man. I just had to unplug my Genesis the other day to make room for a VCR.

In the retro room hooked up ready to play:
NES, SNES, N64, WII, PS1, PS2

In the family room:
PS3, Wii U, Switch
Posted Image
Join in the N64 Forever MK64 Hotlap Competition!
Posted Image

Kamikaze
There is just too much on my one TV, so yes, cables are a mess. All on one HDMI port and a lot of SCART splitter-boxes. It does come at the price of less images quality on some consoles, and comes with some ghosting.
But as I am short of space for another tv and short of space of properly displaying the not-used consoles, this is it. Picture will come.

I have hooked up:
NES/ SNES (actually sharing the videocable)
N64
Gamecube w/ gameboy player
WiiU
Xbox360 Phat
PS3 (Phat 60 GB)
Dreamcast
CD-i (yes, a CD-i)
Edited by Kamikaze, Jul 20 2017, 12:36 AM.

andyk2003
Member Avatar
Established Member
I didn't know about CTGP Revolution - that's awesome!

SONY CRT & BVM :
1-chip SNES with Supercic mod
PAL RGB modded N64 with deblur
NTSC RGB modded N64 with deblur
PAL Gamecube (for the few games I prefer in 480i and Monkey ball)
PS2 slim

METZ 480p CRT:
NTSC Gamecube
PAL Wii
NTSC Wii (for 60Hz virtual console games)
Dreamcast

GAMING HDTV:
PS4 pro
Xbox one
Wii U
Switch

LIVING ROOM HDTV:
PS3
UltraHDMI modded N64
(Coming soon: Gamecube and Wii with GCvideo HDMI mods)
Edited by andyk2003, Jul 20 2017, 07:32 AM.
My CRT thread:

Cabanon
Elite
HDTV, main room, has to stay clean lol
PS3.

CRT, basement
NES
SNES
N64
GAMECUBE
WII
PS2
PS3

all hooked up to an A/V receiver in 5.1. im looking to upgrade to a HDTV like I have in the main rom but it's a PITA to find used or too expensive right now. this'll have to wait later.

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
andyk2003
Jul 20 2017, 03:12 AM
I didn't know about CTGP Revolution - that's awesome!
CTGP Revolution is brilliant and even allows you to play Mario Kart Wii online again.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

The White Falcon
Member Avatar
Oh boy.

PS4 - HDMI
PS3 - HDMI
Xbox 360 - Component
Xbox - Component
Wii U - HDMI
Dreamcast - VGA
SNES - Composite
N64 - Composite
GameCube - Composite
Saturn - Composite
Genesis - Composite

I need to get a new AV switch, as I'm exceeding the limits of my receiver and TV as far as composite goes.

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
43" Plasma - PS4/N64
60" LCD - PS3

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
Man Cave CRTV:
NES
Retro Duo (region free famicom, NES and SNES) with Famicom Disk System
N64 (NTSC)
N64 (PAL)

Man Cave HDTV:
Wii (Gamecube capatible)
Wii U
Switch

Family Room (not my doing):
XBox 360
XBox One
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Sacrilege, BDR has an Xbox One in his house! :o

Just kidding, man. The more consoles the better. Do you have a copy of Rare Replay for it?

Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
No. It just showed up last week...my kids Plants vs Zombies GW2 machine.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

KnightlyGaming
Member Avatar
I have my Switch, Wii U, Wii, Gamecube, N64, Xbox 360, PS4 (with PSVR), and my Playstation 2 all hooked up to the same tv using a few switch boxes =P
Posted Image

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
KG you're alive! Where you been man you missed an epic H&H: A new one has since commenced go check it out!

I just have three linked up myself at the moment, PS4, GameCube and the once, fastest, most powerful, game console on earth, the Nintendo 6444444 :omg:
Edited by Milage007, Aug 3 2017, 12:47 AM.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí

Jsboger
Member Avatar
Established Member
PS4
N64
Switch
Wii

Nintendo Sixty-FOOOOOOOOOOUR!!!!!!

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Other Video Games · Next Topic »