Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Happy 120th Birthday Nintendo!
Topic Started: Sep 24 2009, 05:08 PM (462 Views)
Mop it up
Member Avatar
Forum Urban Legend
Yesterday was the 120th anniversary of the founding of Nintendo! It's hard to believe they started out as a simple playing card company and grew into the largest videogame company in the world.

Best product Nintendo ever created? The ultra hand:

http://www.thegameheroes.com/Blogs/Nintendo/Ultra%20Hand.jpg

Nintendo released their first videogame, EVR Race, in 1975, and their first home system, the Color TV Game, in 1977. Their first real success was the iconic arcade game Donkey Kong and anything prior is largely unknown to most fans. Even the Game And Watch, which collectively sold 42 million, would have been forgotten if not for throwbacks in various Nintendo games.

Here's to another hundred years!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
Happy birthday Nintendo! It's funny we should be discussing Nintendo's arcade days because I recently bought this:

Posted Image

Which seems like a left-over from a bygone age... that whole pre-NES era when Nintendo was still a game maker rather than a console maker. I can't imagine Nintendo ever making games for any console other than their own now.

Still looking for that Donkey Kong Game and Watch for a decent price... one day, one day...

niniendowarrior
Happy birthday Nintendo! Thanks for crapping on all the loyal hardcore gamers you've catered since the 1980s. Thanks for inventing a stupid controller that nobody likes. Thanks for producing a machine that is not HD compatible. Thanks for all the years of happiness you've delivered to gamers that you've apparently abandoned for money. Thanks for piling up my entertainment room full of stupid cheap plastic peripherals I have absolutely no need. Thanks for overpricing your consoles. Thanks for creating that stupid Friend Code system. Thanks for putting region locking on your games. Thanks for barring localization efforts of games from other regions.

Reggie, give us your name so we can kick your ***!

JUST KIDDING!

:lol:

Mop it up
Member Avatar
Forum Urban Legend
NiniendoWarrior, you better be kidding because I can counterpoint everything you just said. ^_^

Alxbly, when in the hell did you get an Atari 2600? Whatever happened to "2D games are dull and boring"?

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
niniendowarrior

Thanks for crapping on all the loyal hardcore gamers you've catered since the 1980s. Thanks for inventing a stupid controller that nobody likes. Thanks for producing a machine that is not HD compatible. Thanks for all the years of happiness you've delivered to gamers that you've apparently abandoned for money...

Posted Image

Mop_it_up
Sep 25 2009, 01:00 PM
Alxbly, when in the hell did you get an Atari 2600? Whatever happened to "2D games are dull and boring"?
<_< That's the most mis-quoted line on this frickin' forum. I NEVER said that 2D games were dull and boring, but I guess I've been pretty open that my interest in gaming starting when 3D games, and specifically Doom on PC, were released. I prefer to play 3D games these days but that doesn't mean I shun everything that's 2D; see my unhealthy Pokemon addiction for proof of this. ^_^

Anyways, since you missed it, I've posted links to some photos of my rather lovely 2600... but before you click on them, play this music in the background:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2WzocbSd2w

Done that? Okay, here you go:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/alxbly/Atari/AtariVCS.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/alxbly/Atari/AtariVCS004.jpg

:D :D :D

Back on topic, did you do anything to celebrate Nintendo's 120th birthday?

Mop it up
Member Avatar
Forum Urban Legend
alxbly
Sep 25 2009, 02:41 PM
That's the most mis-quoted line on this frickin' forum. I NEVER said that 2D games were dull and boring, but I guess I've been pretty open that my interest in gaming starting when 3D games, and specifically Doom on PC, were released.
Ha ha, I knew that. Really, I did. Honestly. Stop looking at me like that.
I guess people just equate "general uninterest" to "dull and boring".
Don't you worry though, your next misquote will be "all games with a colourful art style are for little babies."

Quote:

Back on topic, did you do anything to celebrate Nintendo's 120th birthday?
Nothing, because I didn't know about it until the day after. It would have been a fitting time to get a Game & Watch, since I still feel I should own one, but oh well...

« Previous Topic · Other Video Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply