Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Japanese N64 Games ; The complete list
Topic Started: Oct 11 2009, 11:59 PM (12,745 Views)
AdamGilmore
Member Avatar
The JAP ONLY N64 games list (please note that it list also contains some games that are basically japanese versions on PAL/NTSC games but with significant differences that make them stand-alone titles like J.League Live 64 [Fifa 64] or Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 [WWF Wrestlemania 2000])

1. 64 de Hakken!! Tamagotchi Minna de Tamagotchi World
2. 64 Oozumou
3. 64 Oozumou 2
4. 64 Trump Collection - Alice no Wakuwaku Trump World
5. AI Shougi 3
6. Bakuretsu Muteki Bangai-O
7. Bakushou Jinsei 64 - Mezase! Resort Ou
8. Bass Rush - ECOGEAR PowerWorm Championship
9. Bass Tsuri No. 1 - Shigesato Itoi's Bass Fishing
10. Bomberman 64 ľ Arcade Edition
11. Choro Q 64 II
12. Chou Kuukan Night Pro Yakyuu King
13. Chou Kuukan Night Pro Yakyuu King 2
14. Custom Robo
15. Custom Robo V2
16. Dance Dance Revolution - Disney Dancing Museum
17. Densha de Go! 64
18. Derby Stallion 64
19. Dezaemon 3D
20. Doraemon - Mittsu no Seireiseki
21. Doraemon 2 - Hikari no Shinden
22. Doraemon 3 - Nobi Dai no Machi SOS!
23. Doubutsu no Mori
24. Eikou no Saint Andrews
25. Famista 64
26. Fire Electric Pen
27. Fushigi no Dungeon - Fuurai no Shiren 2
28. Ganbare Goemon - Mononoke Sugoroku
29. Getter Love!! Cho Renai Party Game
30. Hamster Monogatari 64
31. Hanafuda 64 - Tenshi no Yakusoku
32. Heiwa Pachinko World 64
33. Ide Yosuke no Mahjong Juku
34. J.League Dynamite Soccer 64
35. J.League Eleven Beat 1997
36. J.League Live 64
37. J.League Tactics Soccer
38. Jangou Simulation Mahjong Do 64
39. Jikkyou G1 Stable
40. Jikkyou J.League Perfect Striker
41. Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu - Basic Han 2001
42. Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2000
43. Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 4
44. Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 5
45. Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 6
46. Jinsei Game 64
47. Kira to Kaiketsu! 64 Tanteidan
48. Kuiki Uhabi Suigou
49. Last Legion UX
50. Mahjong 64
51. Mahjong Hourouki Classic
52. Mahjong Master
53. Mario no Photopie
54. Morita Shougi 64
55. Neon Genesis Evangelion
56. Nintama Rantarou Game Gallery
57. Nushi Tsuri 64
58. Nushi Tsuri 64 - Shiokaze ni Notte
59. Onegai Monsters
60. Pachinko 365 Nichi
61. Parlor! Pro 64 - Pachinko Jikki Simulation Game
62. PD Ultraman Battle Collection 64
63. Pocket Monsters Stadium
64. Power League 64
65. Pro Mahjong Kiwame 64
66. Pro Shinan Mahjong Tsuwamono 64: Jans˘ Battle ni Ch˘sen
67. Puyo Puyo 4 - Puyo Puyo Party
68. Puyo Puyo Sun 64
69. Robot Ponkottsu 64 - Caramel of the 7 Seas
70. Saiky˘ Habu Sh˘gi
71. SD Hiryuu no Ken Densetsu
72. Sim City 2000
73. Super B-Daman - Battle Phoenix 64
74. Super Robot Spirits
75. Super Robot Taisen 64
76. Susume! Taisen Puzzle Dama Toukon! Marumata Chou
77. Tetris
78. Toukon Road - Brave Spirits
79. Toukon Road 2 - The Next Generation
80. Tsumi to Batsu - Chikyuu no Keishousha
81. Virtual Pro Wrestling 64
82. Virtual Pro Wrestling 2
83. Wonder Project J2
84. Yakouchuu II - Satsujin Kouru
85. Zool - Majou Tsukai Densetsu

I am not sure if this is complete (I remember doing such list some time ago and I think there were 88 titles, not 85...), if anyone finds a game that I forgot about please feel free to put it here :)

As for what I recommend (besides the allmighty Sin and Punishment):
-Bomberman 64 - Arcade Edition
-Bakuretsu Muteki Bangai-Oh
-Virtual Pro Wrestling 2
-Neon Genesis Evangelion
-Susume Taisen Puzzle Dama
-any Puyo Puyo
-any Custom Robo
-Disney Dance Revolution

These are all good titles but most of them are quite expensive :(
Sinner And Punisher
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

floorcat
Member Avatar
Nintendo sixty-floorcat :P
Nice! Like I kinda hinted at in the other post, I would've been a whole lot more able to see what you might be missing (if anything) from that list a few years ago... as it is I've totally forgotten about all things N64 in the Japan-only world. I guess Mop posted a link earlier in this thread to some info I had posted up a couple eons ago... might be worth checking out. (I seem to recall like about 89-90 JP-only N64 titles.)
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), Rayman Legends, Fat Princess Adventures, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

AdamGilmore
Member Avatar
The results after doing some comparison:
1. The games Saiky˘ Habu Sh˘gi and Kuiki Uhabi Suigou are the same game - I doubled it on the list, my mistake.
2. I forgot about
-Jikkyou World Soccer: World Cup France '98
-Jikkyou J-League 1999: Perfect Striker 2
-Haruka Naru Augusta Masters 98
-City Tour Granprix: All Japan Grand Touring Car Championship
All these games have some changes (apart from language of course) that differ them from their "western" counterparts (although the last one isn't all THAT different from GT 64 but let's just count it as a jap only release :)
3. I'm not sure what about Choro Q 64 (Penny Racers elsewhere), Rally 99 (Rally Championship 2000 elsewhere), Snow Speeder (Big Mountain 2000 elsewhere) and Super Bowling 64 (Super Bowling elsewhere) - I can't really tell if they can be considered as jap only games...are there enough differences between these versions?
4. Finally - Super Mario 64 and Wave Race 64, the Rumble Pak versions. They came out only in Japan but...what about Castlevanias then? PAL and NTSC Castlevanias for N64 use Controller Pak and don't have the Rumble Pak support, but the japanesee versions don't use the CP (the data is stored on the cart) and they have the Rumble Pak support, as far as I know. So...if we count Super Mario 64 and Wave Race 64 shouldn't we also count both Castlevanias (and maybe some other games that japanesee versions had Rumble Pak support and the western ones did not - if there are any besides Castlevanias).
Sinner And Punisher

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
Good work guys! Yeah, I think we should count the Japanese versions of the Castlevania games as seperate releases if they support the rumble pak... if that does differentiate them from the US/European releases. :)

When we get a definitive list I can move this into the Guides and FAQs section. :)

Mop it up
Member Avatar
Forum Urban Legend
If I remember rightly, back when Floorcat was compiling a comprehensive list he claimed there to be a total of 396 unique releases worldwide, with 296 total releases in North America (which we have confirmed), 93 Japan-only releases, and 7 PAL-exclusives. I don't know if he included the Rumble Pak versions of games as a Japan-only release, or games which have different names in different regions.

AdamGilmore

Rally 99 (Rally Championship 2000 elsewhere)
I've not heard of an N64 game titled "Rally Championship 2000". Did you perhaps mean Rally Challenge 2000?

AdamGilmore
Member Avatar
That's right, that's the one! Sorry, I messed up the title ^_^
Edited by AdamGilmore, Oct 13 2009, 12:40 AM.
Sinner And Punisher

Lord Suprachris
Established Member
For me, as long as the "game engine" is the same between two versions, it's the same game, so I don't consider the Shindou Edition of Wave Race and Super Mario 64 as "Japan only" games, as I HSV Adventure Racing is the same game than Beetle Adventure Racing (it's exactly the same, except the cars to match better with the Australian market).

We currently have on Nintendo64EVER :
385 different games
200 different games released in Japan, with 89 "Japan only"
297 in the USA, with 49 "USA only"
242 in PAL countries, including 3 "Australia only" releases, and 4 "PAL only"

Nintendo64EVER's Creator & Webmaster
N64 CIB PAL fullset : 242/242, completed on the 4th December 2009
N64 CIB US fullset : 46/298
N64 CIB JAP fullset : 121/214 (including bundles with accessories)
N64 CIB world variations fullset : 454/1529 (and still discovering new existing ones...)

Mop it up
Member Avatar
Forum Urban Legend
Lord Suprachris
Oct 13 2009, 02:53 AM
297 in the USA
Would you mind posting your list? I'm fairly certain there is one less than that, so I'm curious what is extra on your list.

Lord Suprachris
Established Member
I've just created another topic for the US list :)
N64 CIB world variations fullset : 454/1529 (and still discovering new existing ones...)

Franklint
Member Avatar
Established Member
After some thought, I have decided that this thread is the best place to post this link. It is the most comprehensive listing of N64 games I have ever seen, hands-down. It lists titles by serial number, meaning that there can be more than one entry for each game, based on which regions it came out in.

The author tells me it is extremely close to being finished, listing-wise, but that there is a lot more work to do on gathering more detailed information on each game. In fact, I plan to help out with box/cart scans of (primarily Australian) games. I would encourage you all to join the fun and help out Martin by uploading scans on the NESWorld forum, or sending them to me in PM so I can MSN them through.

The list is very useful, especially for someone like me who imports a fair few games from the UK and wants to ensure that there isn't an Australian version that I could otherwise have purchased. It's also a way for us to concentrate our efforts and make a comprehensive database.

I am told that the final version of the list will be split up, so the page isn't as long as it currently is. It will also be equipped with a sort function, so you can isolate particular regions etc.

Cheers,
Franklint
Edited by Franklint, Dec 22 2009, 07:31 AM.

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
Yeah, it's a good site. I joined up there a while ago... (last year?) but there wasn't much going on at the time. Time for another visit me thinks. :)

Lord Suprachris
Established Member
I know this (useful) list, I'm using it to fill in some missing data on Nintendo64EVER :)
There's 924 games listed, and 1195 listed on Nintendo64EVER, and we're still missing some (especially Australian, Canadian, Asian and Brazilian releases), which can raise up the total to around 1500 games.

If you scan some boxes, would you agree to send me the scans too (6 sides if you can), so I may add them also on Nintendo64EVER? :-8

Irene(Hydronix)
Member Avatar
Level 30 Necromancer/Master of Quest 64
Nice, but you forgot Eltale Monsters. It does have some noticeable differences from Quest 64(besides being in japanese) and is a bit of an improvement in some areas. Only two differences are useful(denotion of the existance of criticals and the ability to get more that one of an item from item drops), while the others are pretty much fluff. I guess showing some talk-based cutscenes at the end also count, but I can't understand what they're saying, heh.
Even bastards need to let off some steam.

And apparently have more egos than Waffles.

Deleted User
Deleted User

These Japanese-only games I want:
1. Bomberman 64 2D
2. Custom Robo
3. Custom Robo V2
4. SimCity 2000

Good thing it's easy to play it on an Nintendo 64.
Quote Post Goto Top

Heinrold
Member Avatar
Can some of our Japan collectors please check if the list in this thread is up to date or if there is any later found game that is missing? And are the above comments on language variants / stand-alone games are complete?
:n64: = :)
Always many PAL games for sale:
http://s9.zetaboards.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/topic/7338905/1

danilochka
Member Avatar
Weigh My Fish
As mentioned in the second reply, two of the entries on the list are infact the same game, the latter being the correct title:

48. Kuiki Uhabi Suigou
70. Saikyô Habu Shogi

The most accepted verdict is that there are in fact 85 Japanese exclusives, so the one missing from this list would be Masters '98: Harukanaru Augusta.

Games like the Rumble Pak (Shindô) editions of Super Mario 64 & Wave Race 64 are not counted in this list. They are classed as variants not unique, exclusive games, in the same vein that HSV / Beetle Adventure Racing! and Michael Owen's / RTL World League Soccer 2000 are variants of each other.

Lots of Japanese games have small changes when compared to their western counterparts, besides the language of course, this is may be a topic for another list but none of them are considered unique enough to make the exclusives list.

The totals mentioned are also wrong, here's what they should be:
388 different games released worldwide
196 different games released in Japan, with 85 exclusives
296 different games released in North America, with 50 exclusives
242 different games released in PAL, with 4 exclusives

These are covered more in depth in the Full List of Title Variations that I made earlier this year.
Posted Image

Heinrold
Member Avatar
thank you. that is exactly what I searched for. maybe I only used the wrong terms ("japan" instead of "japanese")

As the other thread is locked, I want to ask here (also if it has nothing to do with japanese games):
I thought that most lists of NA collectors have 297 games while your list has 296 games. Do you know which game is counted there in addition?
Edited by Heinrold, Aug 19 2012, 03:33 PM.

Cabanon
Elite
does anyone know all the different package for Japan ? like MK64 bundle, Wonder Project J2 with controller pack, Zelda with expansion pack, etc. i like variation and i like collecting them too.

Heinrold
Member Avatar
Cabanon, you should take a look on fingamers website. I think he mostly has all of the variations.

Another question: The only game that I could not identify on both lists were Ucchan Nanchan no Hon˘ no Challenge: Denryű Ira Ira B˘ and 26. Fire Electric Pen. Am I right when I guess that this is one and the same game?
Edited by Heinrold, Aug 20 2012, 03:07 AM.

Cabanon
Elite
Heinrold
Aug 20 2012, 02:28 AM
Cabanon, you should take a look on fingamers website. I think he mostly has all of the variations.

Another question: The only game that I could not identify on both lists were Ucchan Nanchan no Hon˘ no Challenge: Denryű Ira Ira B˘ and 26. Fire Electric Pen. Am I right when I guess that this is one and the same game?
yes same game, also often sold on ebay as Electric Burning Challenge or something like that. finngamer's list is a great start but it's missing some stuff. i have a list, taken from the "23 complete Jap set", at home & pictures of some package that he dont have listed. will try to post them.

danilochka
Member Avatar
Weigh My Fish
Heinrold
Aug 19 2012, 03:24 PM
I thought that most lists of NA collectors have 297 games while your list has 296 games. Do you know which game is counted there in addition?

There was only ever 296 games released in North America, this is confirmed by many reputable collecting sites including Nintendo Age. If there are some lists with 297 games my best guess is that they include 2 entries for Ocarina of Time, one for the collector's edition and one for the standard release.

Cabanon
Aug 19 2012, 05:43 PM
Does anyone know all the different package for Japan?

There were numerous Japanese releases that came as bundles or special editions, but I'm unaware of anywhere that has a full list of all known packaging variations. Lots of these bundles contain a regular game box inside of them and from what I can gather most of these contain no identifying marks to show that they came from a bundle.

To use and an example, if you came across a 'standard release' copy of Donkey Kong 64 it would be impossible to distinguish it from the box that came inside the 'bundle' version. This makes it easy to speculate that Donkey Kong 64 was released without the Expansion Pak whereas its just as likely that the bundle version is the only version that was released, as this was the case for both PAL and North American regions because the Expansion Pak was required to play the game.

I've been able to confirm a few games that had dual versions released by using Nintendo's Official Website and I have highlighted these results in green. Below is a list of all bundles which include a regular game box inside, so those in black text are as yet unconfirmed to have a release outside of this bundle.

• Choro Q 64
    // bundled with toy car

• Densha de Go! 64 (Engineer's Pak)
    // bundled with VRS (Voice Recognition System) and Microphone

• Donkey Kong 64
    // bundled with Expansion Pak

• Mario Kart 64
    // bundled with Black & Gray controller

• Mario no Photopi
    // bundled with 2MB SmartMedia card

• Perfect Dark
    note: the standard release actually has different box art to the game box included in this bundle

• Pikachu Genki Dechu
    // bundled with VRS (Voice Recognition System) and Microphone

• Pocket Monsters' Stadium
    // bundled with 64GB Pak (Transfer Pak)

• Star Fox 64
    // bundled with Rumble Pak

• Zelda no Densetsu: Majora no Kamen
    note: the standard release actually has different box art to the game box included in this bundle

Next up is a list of games which may be considered special editions. Again I have highlighted games in green where I've been able to confirm that a standard release was also made available. The reason the Shindou (Rumble Pak) versions are highlighted is because they are re-releases of the original games. I suspect games like Mortia Shogi 64 (below) and Pikachu Genki Dechu (above) will be the only version of those games released as the bundled periphals are required to play the game.

• 64 ďzum˘ (Limited Edition)
    // bundled with Controller Pak

• D˘butsu no Mori

• Jikky˘ Powerful Pro Yakyű 4

• Morita Shogi 64
    // bundled with MODEM and phone cable

• Super Mario 64: Rumble Pak Support Version

• Wave Race 64: Rumble Pak Support Version

• Wonder Project J2

Finally that brings me to box art variations, which I've only ever heard of one case that uses different box art in later print runs and that's for GoldenEye. Although this is still unconfirmed as I've yet to notice anything different myself, I only remember reading about it once.

• GoldenEye 007
    // supposed different cover

It would be nice if we could compile a 100% confirmed list which has proof that game was released as a bundle version only, or proof of a seperate standard release. So if anybody has any information regarding any of these games please let me know and I can update the list accordingly.
Edited by danilochka, Aug 20 2012, 05:43 PM.
Posted Image

Cabanon
Elite
thanks danilochka, that's the bundle i do remember the most. i'm not aware of more but i didnt Dobutsu no Mori had one, anyway, here's the pics i saved for future reference from that auction i talked earlier. you can see various bundle & standard release as well.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

scooter77
Member Avatar
New Zealand Member
Hi everyone, i need some help, does anyone know the game code of the Japanese only release of Pokemon Monsters Stadium??, i got a pokemon game the other day and i want to know if it is this game or just the Japanese release of Pokemon Stadium, any help would be great.

Here is the game i have.

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
-Albert Einstein

PAL Collection: 243/243
NTSC-U only Exclusives: 50/50
NTSC-U / NTSC-J Exclusives: 11/11
NTSC-J only Exclusives: 85/85
64dd 0/9

Only 9 to go.

danilochka
Member Avatar
Weigh My Fish
Here's the cartridge codes for all 3 Japanese Pocket Monsters' Stadium games:

NUS-CPSJ-JPN = Pocket Monsters' Stadium (Japanese exclusive)
NUS-CP2J-JPN = Pocket Monsters' Stadium 2 (Pokémon Stadium [PAL / NA])
NUS-NP3J-JPN = Pocket Monsters' Stadium: Kin Gin (Pokémon Stadium 2 [PAL / NA])

So by the looks of it yes, that is the Japanese exclusive one :yeah:
Posted Image

Cabanon
Elite
NTSC-U release

Pokemon Stadium = NUS-NPOE-USA
Pokemon Stadium 2 = NUS-NP3E-USA

scooter77
Member Avatar
New Zealand Member
danilochka
Aug 21 2012, 06:38 AM
Here's the cartridge codes for all 3 Japanese Pocket Monsters' Stadium games:

NUS-CPSJ-JPN = Pocket Monsters' Stadium (Japanese exclusive)
NUS-CP2J-JPN = Pocket Monsters' Stadium 2 (PokÚmon Stadium [PAL / NA])
NUS-NP3J-JPN = Pocket Monsters' Stadium: Kin Gin (PokÚmon Stadium 2 [PAL / NA])

So by the looks of it yes, that is the Japanese exclusive one :yeah:
Thanks Cabanon, i thought it was the jap exclusive so took the risk when i bought it, i think its the cheapest Japanese game ive bought so far, $10 US shipped. :yeah:

:dance: Only 25 to go now :dance:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
-Albert Einstein

PAL Collection: 243/243
NTSC-U only Exclusives: 50/50
NTSC-U / NTSC-J Exclusives: 11/11
NTSC-J only Exclusives: 85/85
64dd 0/9

Only 9 to go.

woodchipper89
I currently have Fire Electric Pen, Custom Robo V2, and Doraemon (1st one). I must say that Fire Electric Pen is a blast and actually friendly for importers despite everything being in Japanese.

Digital
Member Avatar
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
« Previous Topic · Nintendo 64 Guides, FAQs, and Information · Next Topic »
Add Reply