Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Japanese N64 Games ; The complete list
Topic Started: Oct 11 2009, 11:59 PM (12,374 Views)
danilochka
Member Avatar
Weigh My Fish
As mentioned in the second reply, two of the entries on the list are infact the same game, the latter being the correct title:

48. Kuiki Uhabi Suigou
70. Saikyô Habu Shogi

The most accepted verdict is that there are in fact 85 Japanese exclusives, so the one missing from this list would be Masters '98: Harukanaru Augusta.

Games like the Rumble Pak (Shindô) editions of Super Mario 64 & Wave Race 64 are not counted in this list. They are classed as variants not unique, exclusive games, in the same vein that HSV / Beetle Adventure Racing! and Michael Owen's / RTL World League Soccer 2000 are variants of each other.

Lots of Japanese games have small changes when compared to their western counterparts, besides the language of course, this is may be a topic for another list but none of them are considered unique enough to make the exclusives list.

The totals mentioned are also wrong, here's what they should be:
388 different games released worldwide
196 different games released in Japan, with 85 exclusives
296 different games released in North America, with 50 exclusives
242 different games released in PAL, with 4 exclusives

These are covered more in depth in the Full List of Title Variations that I made earlier this year.
Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

danilochka
Member Avatar
Weigh My Fish
Heinrold
Aug 19 2012, 03:24 PM
I thought that most lists of NA collectors have 297 games while your list has 296 games. Do you know which game is counted there in addition?

There was only ever 296 games released in North America, this is confirmed by many reputable collecting sites including Nintendo Age. If there are some lists with 297 games my best guess is that they include 2 entries for Ocarina of Time, one for the collector's edition and one for the standard release.

Cabanon
Aug 19 2012, 05:43 PM
Does anyone know all the different package for Japan?

There were numerous Japanese releases that came as bundles or special editions, but I'm unaware of anywhere that has a full list of all known packaging variations. Lots of these bundles contain a regular game box inside of them and from what I can gather most of these contain no identifying marks to show that they came from a bundle.

To use and an example, if you came across a 'standard release' copy of Donkey Kong 64 it would be impossible to distinguish it from the box that came inside the 'bundle' version. This makes it easy to speculate that Donkey Kong 64 was released without the Expansion Pak whereas its just as likely that the bundle version is the only version that was released, as this was the case for both PAL and North American regions because the Expansion Pak was required to play the game.

I've been able to confirm a few games that had dual versions released by using Nintendo's Official Website and I have highlighted these results in green. Below is a list of all bundles which include a regular game box inside, so those in black text are as yet unconfirmed to have a release outside of this bundle.

• Choro Q 64
    // bundled with toy car

• Densha de Go! 64 (Engineer's Pak)
    // bundled with VRS (Voice Recognition System) and Microphone

• Donkey Kong 64
    // bundled with Expansion Pak

• Mario Kart 64
    // bundled with Black & Gray controller

• Mario no Photopi
    // bundled with 2MB SmartMedia card

• Perfect Dark
    note: the standard release actually has different box art to the game box included in this bundle

• Pikachu Genki Dechu
    // bundled with VRS (Voice Recognition System) and Microphone

• Pocket Monsters' Stadium
    // bundled with 64GB Pak (Transfer Pak)

• Star Fox 64
    // bundled with Rumble Pak

• Zelda no Densetsu: Majora no Kamen
    note: the standard release actually has different box art to the game box included in this bundle

Next up is a list of games which may be considered special editions. Again I have highlighted games in green where I've been able to confirm that a standard release was also made available. The reason the Shindou (Rumble Pak) versions are highlighted is because they are re-releases of the original games. I suspect games like Mortia Shogi 64 (below) and Pikachu Genki Dechu (above) will be the only version of those games released as the bundled periphals are required to play the game.

• 64 ďzum˘ (Limited Edition)
    // bundled with Controller Pak

• D˘butsu no Mori

• Jikky˘ Powerful Pro Yakyű 4

• Morita Shogi 64
    // bundled with MODEM and phone cable

• Super Mario 64: Rumble Pak Support Version

• Wave Race 64: Rumble Pak Support Version

• Wonder Project J2

Finally that brings me to box art variations, which I've only ever heard of one case that uses different box art in later print runs and that's for GoldenEye. Although this is still unconfirmed as I've yet to notice anything different myself, I only remember reading about it once.

• GoldenEye 007
    // supposed different cover

It would be nice if we could compile a 100% confirmed list which has proof that game was released as a bundle version only, or proof of a seperate standard release. So if anybody has any information regarding any of these games please let me know and I can update the list accordingly.
Edited by danilochka, Aug 20 2012, 05:43 PM.
Posted Image

danilochka
Member Avatar
Weigh My Fish
Here's the cartridge codes for all 3 Japanese Pocket Monsters' Stadium games:

NUS-CPSJ-JPN = Pocket Monsters' Stadium (Japanese exclusive)
NUS-CP2J-JPN = Pocket Monsters' Stadium 2 (Pokémon Stadium [PAL / NA])
NUS-NP3J-JPN = Pocket Monsters' Stadium: Kin Gin (Pokémon Stadium 2 [PAL / NA])

So by the looks of it yes, that is the Japanese exclusive one :yeah:
Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Nintendo 64 Guides, FAQs, and Information · Next Topic »
Add Reply