Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
My ASCII Pad 64 Collection; Different colors and comparisons
Topic Started: Nov 14 2010, 12:54 PM (9,729 Views)
Cabanon
Elite
so Dan & I have talking to the same guy for translation without knowing it, lol, and he came with a solution that make sense to me right now. Paruto would mean Platinum Pearl. Remember when I was thinking that my white pad was not white ? well it would make sense now.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
I had that feeling, but wasn't sure. X_D

Platinum Pearl certainly does make sense at this point to the PP suffix.
I agree.
But it still doesn't correlate with the katakana description of 'Paruto'.

Edited by No64DD, Dec 8 2016, 02:12 PM.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Cabanon
Elite
good point. unless someone have any contact with ASCII directly, I guess we'll never know.

SoloJones64
Established Member
Cabanon
Dec 5 2016, 06:14 AM
good point. unless someone have any contact with ASCII directly, I guess we'll never know.
I've tried emailing the company that used to be ascii several times and have gotten. No response.

ddr2nite
Member Avatar
Controller Collecting Extraordinaire
Due to danilochka's searches and showing us that picture of the Metallic Teal, or otherwise known in Japanese as "Guripa" - I've managed to acquire that controller from Japan complete in box.

Here are some pictures, and you'll see that the plug itself is red which is somewhat noteworthy. The color is also distinctly different from that of the White (some call it Pearl White) and the commonly seen Silver color as well.

Thanks again to danilochka and others for bringing this color to us. Let's keep on searching! (No64DD, PM me if you want some more pictures of the back of the box... but I think you already have what you need).

Link to pictures below:
Side View: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4wCDVm2o-kwY3c4TGhscXE1Sk0
Top View: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4wCDVm2o-kwTXlFWHRVUXkwekE
Silver, Teal, White: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4wCDVm2o-kwZUN5ak41eU1zODQ
Edited by ddr2nite, Dec 23 2016, 12:05 PM.
Posted ImageClick here to check out my N64 collection.
N64 Controllers: 30/30 Completed | ASCII Controllers: 15/15 Completed
N.A. Boxes: 8/8 Completed | Japan Boxes: 21/21 Completed
Full NTSC-J CIB Set: 198/198 Completed

"trust me, we all started with just one or two games
and then things kinda got out of hand
" - MK II

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
The red plug is noteworthy!
After all of the conjecture, you've found one in mint condition. :yeah:

Edited by No64DD, Dec 23 2016, 11:33 AM.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Cabanon
Elite
am I the only one not seeing the pictures ? im jelly as ****. need to see this !

ddr2nite
Member Avatar
Cabanon
Dec 23 2016, 07:42 AM
am I the only one not seeing the pictures ? im jelly as ****. need to see this !
Sorry guys, I've moved all of my images over to my Google Drive (for archiving as well as cloud access, as I'm on the road frequently and sometimes need to dig into my pictures which previously was only on my local hard drive) and honestly that platform isn't made for easy copy + pasting into forums for direct sharing & linking.

I've updated the original post with 3 links, they should open up fine for you now from both a computer/laptop or mobile devices. Enjoy!
Edited by ddr2nite, Dec 23 2016, 12:07 PM.

" - MK II

SoloJones64
Established Member
I'm not trying to one up or anything but I'm the one that originally found this controller color lol. I was the first person to be known to have it, if you go back and look at the thread. I thought I was getting an upgrade for my silver and it comes in and it's teal. Imagine my surprise! I just want credit to be in the right place whether it is me or someone else getting it.
Also, I guess that would make ddr the first known person to have the full known set of colors, right?
Also please remember if you see a metallic black, to let me know! I just don't want to be gouged by the price.
Edited by SoloJones64, Dec 25 2016, 01:06 PM.

Cabanon
Elite
ddr2nite
Dec 23 2016, 12:06 PM
Cabanon
Dec 23 2016, 07:42 AM
Sorry guys, I've moved all of my images over to my Google Drive (for archiving as well as cloud access, as I'm on the road frequently and sometimes need to dig into my pictures which previously was only on my local hard drive) and honestly that platform isn't made for easy copy + pasting into forums for direct sharing & linking.

I've updated the original post with 3 links, they should open up fine for you now from both a computer/laptop or mobile devices. Enjoy!
excellent ! works fine now. I need to know where you got this and if there's still one for sale. only one im missing is this one.

ddr2nite
Member Avatar
Cabanon
Dec 26 2016, 09:29 PM
I need to know where you got this and if there's still one for sale. only one im missing is this one.
I'll send you a PM buddy :yeah:

" - MK II

Cabanon
Elite
soooo, any1 have an Metallica Teal for trade ?

Cabanon
Elite
I have Metallic Black for trade/sale. anyone interested ?

EDIT: Sold
Edited by Cabanon, May 24 2017, 07:54 PM.

Cabanon
Elite
http://www.ebay.de/itm/N64-Controller-Pad-mit-Turbo-metallic-blau-Ascii-/302149010724?hash=item46597c0524:g:P2cAAOSwjDZYkHNG

what ya'll think about this color ? it certainly looks like Metallica Blue but mine is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy darker than that. could it be just the light effect ?

ControlFreak64
I found the listing on eBay and asked cabanon for his advice. I don't think there is any way it is a light effect. I do not see how the dark blue metallic could ever look this bright. It could definitely be a 16th color variant. Either way I am not willing to spend $130 to find out but if anyone else wants to then do it and let us know! It is fishy because there are 4 listings of the controller with the exact same picture, 3 listings are by one seller and the other is by a different seller with the exact same picture. Not only that but they all ship from Germany and they are also all different prices, some with $60 shipping. Seems fishy. Opinions?

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
Nice find!

It is hard to say. I do know Blue is one of those colors that can trick the eye!
I would point out the amount of wear around the buttons. It plays a factor. We are definately not looking at a mint controller.
Edited by No64DD, May 25 2017, 02:03 PM.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

danilochka
Member Avatar
Weigh My Fish
If you open these two images in different tabs, and flick back and forth between them, they seem to be the same metallic blue model to me. I would just say that the German auction has a stronger light source directed on it at the top. To get a good gauge of the blue tones I compare the A button with the rest of the controller.

ddr2nite's photo from earlier in this thread:
Posted Image

the German auction photo:
Posted Image
Edited by danilochka, May 25 2017, 01:55 PM.
Posted Image

Cabanon
Elite
yeah thats what I think too. without light, it's even worse. its much darker than that.

ControlFreak64
Ok but even the mint one dan posted looks lighter than the metallic blue i have. The dark navy blue i have would never look as light as either of those I don't think. Is that a completely different metallic blue??

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
Even though these all may be the same controller, it does only make sense that there would be a 'Blue Pearl' Ascii controller to go with the Pink, Green, and White Pearl controllers. (non Metallic)

I cannot bring myself to rule out the possibility.
I just picked up my first Asciipad 64 controller so i can better appreciate this thread. :)
Edited by No64DD, May 25 2017, 04:26 PM.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

ControlFreak64
Posted Image
This is my metallic blue pad. Clearly it is a much darker blue than the one above. I think we may have a 16th color.
Here's another. Posted Image
Edited by ControlFreak64, May 25 2017, 04:42 PM.

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
Well, that is definately not a Metallic Blue controller you have.
It is either the 'Black Metallic', or something else.
I cannot tell! :eh:
Edited by No64DD, May 25 2017, 05:11 PM.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

ControlFreak64
No64DD
May 25 2017, 05:04 PM
Well, that is definately not a Metallic Blue controller you have.
It is either the 'Black Metallic' or something else.
I cannot tell!
It's not the metallic black. It's definitely a dark blue. I actually have 2 of them if anyone has an extra of this lighter metallic blue they want to trade.
You can see here that it is clearly not black.

Posted Image
Edited by ControlFreak64, May 25 2017, 05:13 PM.

Cabanon
Elite
I can confirm that I have this one too. blueish, greenish, blackish tint. very weird.

ControlFreak64
Cabanon
May 25 2017, 05:41 PM
I can confirm that I have this one too. blueish, greenish, blackish tint. very weird.
So the other one is definitely a different metallic blue. That ups the total ascii controller count to 16. Can one of the admins make some sort of announcement?

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
We need to figure out if there is a difference between this controller, and the Black Metallic.

Look at the JAN list on this thread. Could this controller be the 'GuriMetto' controller? (Green Metal)
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

ControlFreak64
No64DD
May 25 2017, 05:51 PM
We need to figure out if there is a difference between this controller, and the Black Metallic.

Look at the JAN list on this thread. Could this controller be the 'GuriMetto' controller? (Green Metal)
It could be that for sure. This is definitely not black. It's definitely a different color. Hold on I'll post a pic
Posted Image this is clearly a different color
I think it's safe to say we can up the count to 16
Edited by ControlFreak64, May 25 2017, 06:01 PM.

Cabanon
Elite
not sure it will work but here's a side-by-side shot of the metallic blue vs metallic black
Posted Image
Posted Image

ControlFreak64
Yeah there's 16 now. Def not the same controller

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
I agree.
There are 3 different Asciipad64 Metallic controllers being represented here! :w00t:
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: