Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
My ASCII Pad 64 Collection; Different colors and comparisons
Topic Started: Nov 14 2010, 12:54 PM (11,801 Views)
clarky_n64
Member Avatar
Modding Monster
Coorsy101
Nov 15 2010, 01:01 PM
Awesome! Thanks for clearing that up Glen! I didnt even notice how they are either blue or red on the other controllers.

And im sure if your talented with soldering you could carefully remove the wires and replace them. You would need a very sharp eye and even a steadier hand. To me, the risk outweighs the reward.

-Corey
Changing a the cord on an N64 controller is a very simple and straight forward procedure. It's just a case of soldering three wires, data, + 3.3v and -

If anyone would like this done then I would be more than happy to help. I like to think that I'm pretty nifty at soldering and have several yrs or experience.

I recently repaired my gamecube controller as it had frayed at the controller end. Opened up the controller, unsoldered the cord from the PCB board, cut off the frayed section and then resolder the cord back to the PCB. The GameCube has 5 wires though.

Keep up the good work Glen! I'm looking forward to seeing what you will collect next once your controller collection is complete.
Edited by clarky_n64, Jan 10 2011, 10:07 AM.
Clarky & Smithy Creations YouTube Channel
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

clarky_n64
Member Avatar
Modding Monster
Witeout
May 28 2012, 12:35 PM
Wut's up with all those lil buttons & switches at the top of those controllers? Are they for show as collect items?

Or do they actually have somethin' to do with the controller?

The buttons are for setting rapid fire on each button. Good for shoot em up and such like games.

clarky_n64
Member Avatar
Modding Monster
Yes congrats indeed Glen. I'm glad the black one showed up in the end.

This proves that patience does actually pay off in the end :)

« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply