Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
My ASCII Pad 64 Collection; Different colors and comparisons
Topic Started: Nov 14 2010, 12:54 PM (11,854 Views)
Cabanon
Elite
i would seperate the first Clear Blue combo by "Clear/Blue" as a mixed up color, same for Clear/Red.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cabanon
Elite
when did you acquired it ? I thougth you were still missing it !

Cabanon
Elite
very happy for you Glen. im slowly acquiring them, 1 by 1 with a set price in mind. I will not go higher than that cuz im cheap and I dont see much value in them. Boxed is a different price but the 1st one I acuired was boxed and :cussfit: cheap ! lol

if you see anything cheaper enough over YAJ, lemme know, i might bit the dust and buy some.

Cabanon
Elite
I might have found another one. its currently in my contact hand and waiting to be shipped to me. im not saying any color until I get it. should be in a week or 2.

Cabanon
Elite
Cabanon
Oct 25 2015, 06:15 AM
I might have found another one. its currently in my contact hand and waiting to be shipped to me. im not saying any color until I get it. should be in a week or 2.
so here it is. ASCII color #14 http://s9.zetaboards.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/single/?p=8191671&t=7378241

Cabanon
Elite
ddr2nite
Feb 23 2016, 11:29 AM
I just wanted to make a quick bump to this thread (an oldie but a goodie) for me to properly acknowledge and congratulate @Cabanon on getting that metallic blue ASCII controller.

For what it's worth, it was somewhat on my radar years ago when I was very actively hunting different versions of the ASCII pad on Yahoo Japan Auctions. I've seen pictures of this version, but was never really able to 100% confirm if it's a variation (due to lighting and glare from the camera) of the metallic black version. I did save a picture of 1 auction which had unfortunately ended years ago, which looks like this:

It looks pretty much identical to the one that Cabanon has acquired, so it's now officially confirmed that there are a total of 14 versions. I'm out on the hunt again to find this one metallic blue (with blue plug) to complete my collection!
thank you Glen. If I see one, i'll let you know and if you see a Black one, lemme know :)

Cabanon
Elite
hey, you can it to me on twitter @cabanongh if you can. im eager to see it.

Cabanon
Elite
very cool ! where did you pick it up ?

Cabanon
Elite
call that lucky ! what was the ebay link ? im surprized I didnt see it. maybe it was badly listed.

Cabanon
Elite
yes sorry, wasn't online for the last 3 days, super busy.

and seeing that ebay link is why I didn't even look at it. not that I know this color exist, i'll looking more carefully next time, ehhe !

Cabanon
Elite
nope, it's mauve/violet. mine is same.

Cabanon
Elite
the one on the bottom looks more gold than soft pink. it's probably just the angle. These are same controller, just different angle/lightning
Posted Image
Posted Image
Edited by Cabanon, Jun 24 2016, 05:37 AM.

Cabanon
Elite
however, If you plug is red, how come mine is blue ?

Cabanon
Elite
weird. I'd still like to own both and compare them.

Cabanon
Elite
ok so I've just moved out and I was doing some clean up of my boxes and upon further inspection, my white seams to be the Metallic Teal. I really look like white on top but as soon as you check it out more with sunlight, its really not White.

So I guess Im back on the hunt for a white one.

Cabanon
Elite
Hudson Joy Card. these controller unlock a special stage in Bomberman if I'm correct, don't know which one tho.

Cabanon
Elite
ok, so here's the TEAL I have, I think. the paper is white but the controller is clearly not. unless ddr2nite can deny this statement ?
Posted Image

also, update photo of my current collection.
Posted Image

Cabanon
Elite
neither me nor jones got it. it was on yahoo so no idea who got it. ddr2nite has an extra blue from a badly listing ebay auction from 3 weeks ago, N64-Collector has the blue that ended last week from yamatoku and that yahoo auction one I believe was bought from yamatoku, i bidded on it but couldnt go higher since I have to factor paying shipping twice.

Cabanon
Elite
ahhahhahhahahahahahhahhahahahahahaaaha

Cabanon
Elite
gartz Jones. lemme me know if anyone sees a Metallic Teal.

Cabanon
Elite
so who's the lucky winner of that 1$ boxed clear pink controller ? I completely missed the deadline last night and i really hope it's someone here that got it.

Cabanon
Elite
ddr2nite
Oct 4 2016, 09:32 AM
SoloJones64
Oct 3 2016, 11:33 PM
No I'd be interested as well. I think all 3 of us have 14 of the 15 known colors. I'm missing metallic black and yall are missing the metallic blue if I'm not mistaken!
I'm only missing the metallic teal. You're missing metallic black, and Cabanon is missing the metallic teal & black. All 3 of us have the metallic blue at this point (I got mine from Cabanon, he had 2 of them).
I have a black one :)

The gold & silver box are very easy to identify. on the front's plastic, bottom right corner, there's either a gold strip or a silver strip as you can see below. Im surprised you didnt catch that one before.
Spoiler: click to toggle

the Clear & Blue and Clear & Red

Marble Red

I also have a Clear boxed but the picture isnt ideal
Edited by Cabanon, Oct 4 2016, 10:55 AM.

Cabanon
Elite
SoloJones64
Oct 5 2016, 04:34 PM
Houghton0609
Oct 5 2016, 09:55 AM
I think these are next on my list, so if you guys have any spare I would be very interested, especially any cib.
i sold my only extra. not exactly the kinds of things you buy doubles of unless theyre the rare ones! That's just me anyway.
you buy doubles when you moved from loose to boxed :)

I sell the extra localy for 15$.

Cabanon
Elite
Marble Red is correct
Clear Pink half is correct
Clear Blue half is correct
Clear full is also correct. to validate your information, the clear box does indeed have a White stripe on the front just like the Gold & Silver.
Marble Blue product code is ASC-0901BM. proof http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr251/CabanonGH/N64/Controllers/20161006_204614_zps0lsyiihx.jpg Also notice the Clear Pink half & Clear Blue half image are missing on this Marble Red box. very strange.
Silver product code is ASC-0901SP. Barcode is correct
Edited by Cabanon, Oct 6 2016, 07:05 PM.

Cabanon
Elite
ddr2nite
Oct 7 2016, 11:35 AM
Also another very interesting thing is that the Clear Gray (full) version of the controller has been seen in both versions of the boxes - the cardboard type as well as the clear plastic type. I've got pictures with matching barcodes to verify, which makes things a bit confusing and intriguing at the same time.
im curious to see this

EDIT: found this for the Black one http://www.play-asia.com/ascii-pad-64/13/701f80 interesting enough, there's Japanese text once translated give us "New color "Green Pearl" lineup in the popular "ASCII pad 64". For 3D stick thumb supporters "thumb-kun 2" included." Could it be the Metallica Teal we're talking about ?

EDIT 2: while browsing, I found this very interesting info. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agetec which seems to point to this http://www.agetec.com/ and they seems to be still alive. I wonder if anyone could message them and ask if they have any idea bout these controller ever making it to the US market and/if or they know about the various colour available.
Edited by Cabanon, Oct 8 2016, 10:41 AM.

Cabanon
Elite
SoloJones64
Oct 12 2016, 08:56 AM
Cabanon
Oct 7 2016, 12:26 PM
ddr2nite
Oct 7 2016, 11:35 AM
Also another very interesting thing is that the Clear Gray (full) version of the controller has been seen in both versions of the boxes - the cardboard type as well as the clear plastic type. I've got pictures with matching barcodes to verify, which makes things a bit confusing and intriguing at the same time.
im curious to see this

EDIT: found this for the Black one http://www.play-asia.com/ascii-pad-64/13/701f80 interesting enough, there's Japanese text once translated give us "New color "Green Pearl" lineup in the popular "ASCII pad 64". For 3D stick thumb supporters "thumb-kun 2" included." Could it be the Metallica Teal we're talking about ?

EDIT 2: while browsing, I found this very interesting info. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agetec which seems to point to this http://www.agetec.com/ and they seems to be still alive. I wonder if anyone could message them and ask if they have any idea bout these controller ever making it to the US market and/if or they know about the various colour available.
Where did you find that text that translated to pearl green? and, yes, that is probably the metallic teal I have. Also, I just sent agetec an email inquiring about the ASCII pads.
in the description...

Cabanon
Elite
@ddr2nite picture links are not working

Cabanon
Elite
where in the bloody word did you find this ? awesome man !

Cabanon
Elite
let me ask my Japanese contact how he translate this

Quote:

The Japanese like to shorten and then combine words; sometimes just for ease or almost like special word within a game, genre, or subculture.
So "Guri-n Pa-ru (Green Pearl) was shortened to Guripa
Like how Akihabara was shortened to Akiba and AKB
Edited by Cabanon, Nov 30 2016, 06:19 PM.

Cabanon
Elite
I have forwarded the last image to my Japanese contact. I'll let you know what he come up with.

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: