Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
My ASCII Pad 64 Collection; Different colors and comparisons
Topic Started: Nov 14 2010, 12:54 PM (9,742 Views)
ControlFreak64
I found the listing on eBay and asked cabanon for his advice. I don't think there is any way it is a light effect. I do not see how the dark blue metallic could ever look this bright. It could definitely be a 16th color variant. Either way I am not willing to spend $130 to find out but if anyone else wants to then do it and let us know! It is fishy because there are 4 listings of the controller with the exact same picture, 3 listings are by one seller and the other is by a different seller with the exact same picture. Not only that but they all ship from Germany and they are also all different prices, some with $60 shipping. Seems fishy. Opinions?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ControlFreak64
Ok but even the mint one dan posted looks lighter than the metallic blue i have. The dark navy blue i have would never look as light as either of those I don't think. Is that a completely different metallic blue??

ControlFreak64
Posted Image
This is my metallic blue pad. Clearly it is a much darker blue than the one above. I think we may have a 16th color.
Here's another. Posted Image
Edited by ControlFreak64, May 25 2017, 04:42 PM.

ControlFreak64
No64DD
May 25 2017, 05:04 PM
Well, that is definately not a Metallic Blue controller you have.
It is either the 'Black Metallic' or something else.
I cannot tell!
It's not the metallic black. It's definitely a dark blue. I actually have 2 of them if anyone has an extra of this lighter metallic blue they want to trade.
You can see here that it is clearly not black.

Posted Image
Edited by ControlFreak64, May 25 2017, 05:13 PM.

ControlFreak64
Cabanon
May 25 2017, 05:41 PM
I can confirm that I have this one too. blueish, greenish, blackish tint. very weird.
So the other one is definitely a different metallic blue. That ups the total ascii controller count to 16. Can one of the admins make some sort of announcement?

ControlFreak64
No64DD
May 25 2017, 05:51 PM
We need to figure out if there is a difference between this controller, and the Black Metallic.

Look at the JAN list on this thread. Could this controller be the 'GuriMetto' controller? (Green Metal)
It could be that for sure. This is definitely not black. It's definitely a different color. Hold on I'll post a pic
Posted Image this is clearly a different color
I think it's safe to say we can up the count to 16
Edited by ControlFreak64, May 25 2017, 06:01 PM.

ControlFreak64
Yeah there's 16 now. Def not the same controller

ControlFreak64
Amazing! Someone make the glorious announcement!

ControlFreak64
Haha oh ok I didn't know if admins ever made announcements on the main page lol
Just as I complete the set of 15, another one pops up haha. Of course.
Edited by ControlFreak64, May 25 2017, 07:15 PM.

ControlFreak64
Someone somewhere knows the official count. We need to find a former ascii employee
Edited by ControlFreak64, May 27 2017, 03:47 AM.

ControlFreak64
Oh man yeah that would have been amazing to witness

ControlFreak64
Cabanon
May 27 2017, 09:02 PM
ControlFreak64
May 26 2017, 10:02 AM
Someone somewhere knows the official count. We need to find a former ascii employee
easier said then done. some people here have tried to contact ASCII without success over the last years, sadly.
Oh I never said it would be easy. I know i have tried contacting the company that used to be ascii with no success

ControlFreak64
I agree. When like minds are put together it's cool what they can accomplish

« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply