Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
A "Top 5" Thread?
Topic Started: Dec 17 2010, 09:55 PM (1,673 Views)
Coorsy101
Member Avatar
Hey guys,

Im not sure if this was ever a thought for the forums, but what about a "Top 5" section under "other discussion"?

Ive only seen it on a couple other forums and it seems to get quite a bit of attention. I think it would bring alot of activity to the forums. It can be strictly videogame related, or top 5 anything.

Ive posted a couple including one today, "top 5 most addictive games" and it seems to be doing quite well. I just wanted to know if maybe this could be an option for the forum because i know a whoooole lot of top 5s right off the bat!

Thanks

Corey
American

Controllers: 12/19 (9/15 Boxed/Sealed)
Systems: 1/9 (1/9 Boxed)

Japanese

Controllers: 7/18 (6/18 Boxed)
Systems: 1/10 (1/10 Boxed)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
sounds like a good idea, coorsy. i always love "top 5" topics, and active good conversations always help stir up member activity.

Coorsy101
Member Avatar
I have soo many "top 5" ideas going thru my head right now i just want to post away, but i dont want to take a chance of this actually becoming a thread. Then the topics will be wasted in other categories.

What do you think stinger, strictly game related top 5s? or anything top 5 (like "top 5 favorite horror movies")?

-Corey
American

Japanese

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
don't get me wrong, i loves my video games :wub: but i do like to talk about other things. my preference would be both games and other stuff :D

Vyothric
Member Avatar
Most Frantic
Other...stuff...? I don't follow.
Posted Image Posted Image

Coorsy101
Member Avatar
Other stuff like "top 5 Movies", "top 5 superheroes". Pretty much other topics besides video games..

-Corey
American

Japanese

Vyothric
Member Avatar
Most Frantic
In the voice of Foghorn Leghorn:

"That's a joke, son!"

(I spend a lot of time playing games you see)
Edited by Vyothric, Dec 20 2010, 03:44 PM.
Posted Image Posted Image

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
you totaly got me with that one to, vyothric! :lol:
my head is already brewing with ideas, coorsy!

Coorsy101
Member Avatar
stinger9142
Dec 20 2010, 03:57 PM
my head is already brewing with ideas, coorsy!
Yesss mine is too! i have sooo many good ones. Its hard to resist not posting one or two everyday. But like i said before, it would be stupid if i did, and then this thread was actually made. lol.

Seems like me and you are the only ones really into it tho :eh:

-Corey
American

Japanese

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
if it must be a 2 person topic, then so be it. sign me up :lol:

we used to do top 5's in english III in high school for part of our daily journal writing. my friend and i also did a hot/not list once a week for the same journal.
great fun

Ganondorf
Member Avatar
make that a three person topic, im up for something new and am always interested in learning about peoples interests. :yeah:
Plato "wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something"

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
two more people and we can make a "top 5 people likely to participate in a top five topic" topic. :lol: :lol:

hope this gets some admin notice soon :D

Coorsy101
Member Avatar
It has 63 views, so its definately been viewed by more than just the 4 of us...

I mean i can post "top 5" topics all day in the social board, or other videogames and they will get a good amount of member feedback. But for some reason no one wants to be involved in this one...lol

I hope this doesnt become part of "the top 5 threads least likely to succeed" >_<

-Corey
American

Japanese

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
you know you could go ahead and do some more of them now. if the admins choose to make a section just for them later, they could always move them there.

i am anxious to get started, and some "top 5" topics would help us gauge the true interest level. 8)

Coorsy101
Member Avatar
Great idea! I had a feeling admins could move topics around, but i wasnt 100% sure.

Ill post one up on the "social board" right now, so go check it out and show it some <3

-Corey
American

Japanese

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
i am all over it :D

floorcat
Member Avatar
Nintendo sixty-floorcat :P
stinger9142
Dec 21 2010, 11:26 AM
hope this gets some admin notice soon :D
OMG SORRYYYYYY!!!!!
(I've been so bad about being around lately... only stopping by for a few minutes here and there while at work.) >_< >_< >_<

Anyways... I'm all ears... and shall make whatever changes we all agree upon. :w00t:
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), The Swapper, Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
no problem, floorcat. things can get busy for all of us sometime.

what do you think about the proposed top 5 section? i think "top 5" topics are great, but i could see how they could kind of clutter up the front page of sections of the board. i think a section of their own would be great. we need to hear your input as well :D

floorcat
Member Avatar
Okay... sorry... still at work, but done working for the day, so I can actually put some thought/time into this. So I just wanna make sure I understand it correctly... the idea is to create a whole new section under "Other Discussions" solely for "Top 5" threads? Would this simply be for organizational purposes, to separate them out from all the other posts?

The way I see it, I'd actually not mind if all these "Top 5" threads continue to be mixed in with all the others... I don't think separating them out would generate more traffic... but that's only my opinion. My perspective is that if they separated from the other threads throughout the various forum sections, it would mean that people who only want to post Top 5's would be more prone to ignore all the other threads, and vice versa.

What would you guys think about a single catch-all thread for ALL "Top 5" topics... where the original/first post is updated each time the Top 5 topic changes? Depending on how ambitious the thread "updater" is, this first post could even have all previous Top 5's archived/listed, with a direct link to the first post of the current (or even archived) Top 5. This would keep all Top 5's together, archived, and not overwhelm the forum section it's in. Granted, there would have to be at least 3 "Top 5" threads... one for each of "N64 Discussions", "Social Board", and "Other Video Games"...

Thoughts??
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), The Swapper, Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
i could see how leaving them in their respective sections could also help draw attention to other posts.
i am not sure how the single post thing would work. perhaps we could work it for a weekly update to the 3 top 5 topics. kind of like you give everyone a week to respond to your last top 5 idea, before adding in another top 5 idea to the post? that would help ensure a steady flow of posting, instead of a huge rush of top 5 topics at once. that would keep it all organized i think. we would for sure need one for the 64 section, other video games, and social areas.

it is coorsy's idea, so lets see what he thinks of your 3 running threads idea. :D

Coorsy101
Member Avatar
Alrighty, Lovin the attention for this idea :D

Well floorcat knows whats good and bad for the forums, so i think whatever way he does it, it will only result in a positive outcome.

As far as his suggestion, i dont understand how he explained it. Probably because i dont know all the ins and outs of forums. I do get what you mean by an overwhelming amount of "top 5" topics being posted at once. So i like weekly "Top 5" topics for each of the 3 sections. But how would we determine who posts them weekly?

And when it comes to other threads not getting noticed, i dont know about everyone else, but i mainly respond to the topics of each thread that are shown on the homepage (the most recent posts for that thread). With that said, having the "top 5" threads just loosly posted around could take away from other topics if they are responded to as frequent as the others... does that make sense?

-Corey

EDIT: I just added another "Top 5" topic to "other videogames". floorcat, if you would like me to hold off on them until we finalize an idea, just let me know! Thanks
Edited by Coorsy101, Dec 23 2010, 02:04 AM.
American

Japanese

floorcat
Member Avatar
Coorsy101
Dec 22 2010, 09:49 PM
floorcat, if you would like me to hold off on them until we finalize an idea, just let me know! Thanks
Haha, no worries... I'll put a little more thought into this after (during?) work today, but I don't mind what you're doing, so by all means... proceed. ;)

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
i think you should do them till you run out of ideas, coorsy. or when you want a break, name someone else to do that week maybe. :yeah:

don't worry, i didn't follow 100% either with floorcat's post. perhaps we could persuade him to ekaborate more? ;)

Coorsy101
Member Avatar
stinger9142
Dec 23 2010, 06:30 PM
i think you should do them till you run out of ideas, coorsy. or when you want a break, name someone else to do that week maybe. :yeah:

That works for me! The longer it takes, the more ideas i have brewing in my head, so it will take quite some time for me to run out of ideas. Especially if its once a week.

I also dont think ill have a problem keeping up. Im on the forums daily anyways. Should we do it so its posted the same day every week? Like i post a new "top 5" topic every monday?

-Corey
American

Japanese

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
sounds like a plan to me :D

might help make mondays suck less! :lol:

Coorsy101
Member Avatar
Well its monday, and since we havent confirmed a set method, ill just keep posting them throughout the other threads.

Go check out "other video games" :yeah:

-Corey
American

Japanese

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
cool beans! monday sure came fast. weekends are just far to short :(

Coorsy101
Member Avatar
stinger9142
Dec 27 2010, 05:22 PM
weekends are just far to short :(
obviousssly man! If they were any longer, they wouldnt be a week"end".

Im trying to figure out what you would call a longer weekend, but im drawing a blank :eh:

Anyways, im still wondering why this topic isnt getting much attention itself. It seems like a good amount of people are active in the actual "Top 5" topics themselves..

hmmmm

-Corey

P.S. 200th Post :dance: This is the most posts ive ever had on any set of forums...

:n64: Forever FTW!!!!
American

Japanese

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
don't know what you would call it either...

i am a fan of a 4 or even a 3 day work week! :lol:

2 days is not enough time to unwind :blink:

Coorsy101
Member Avatar
i know its not monday, but i thought of a good one and just couldnt resist : P.

These topics seem to be getting a good amount of activity. Maybe we can make something official out of it sometime soon!! :D
American

Japanese

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Help and Suggestions · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: