Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Top 5 Favorite Bands; Jan.23 Top 5 Topic of The Week (SB)
Topic Started: Jan 24 2011, 08:03 PM (2,453 Views)
Waddle Dee
Member Avatar
Wat
1. Nirvana
2. Blink 182
3. The Who

The rest are just individuals, but Nirvana over all.
Simply Subscribe For My Love:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Crumpocalypse
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Kick, Punch, It's all in the mind
Update, not really in any order since I can't,

1.Rise Against
2.The Offspring
3.Pantera
4.Dream Theater
5.Sublime
Posted Image

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
Matt
Jan 9 2013, 09:20 PM

1.Rise Against
2.The Offspring
3.Pantera
4.Dream Theater
5.Sublime
ahh Sublime, I left them off my list. (don't know why) Id prob add them and MachineHead to the list now as well.

40oz to Freedom is one of my favourite Sublime albums.

@Matt have you heard there new stuff Sublime with Rome???
Nintendo Network ID - DeeMoney19
PSN Network ID - hallxx81xx
Xbox Live Gamertag - DeeMoney 2K19

Posted Image

SicCooper
Member Avatar
Veteran
no particular order, and my list changes drastically from time to time, but here is my CURRENT top 5.

1. Luca Turilli
2. Severed Savior
3. The Faceless
4. Job For A Cowboy
5. Born Of Osiris

Posted Image

Phantom
Member Avatar
Veteran
1. Eminem
2. Linkin Park
3. Royce Da 5'9''
4. Tupac
5. Dr. Dre
Edited by Phantom, Jun 19 2013, 02:38 PM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Kick, Punch, It's all in the mind
DeeMoney
Jan 9 2013, 10:14 PM
Matt
Jan 9 2013, 09:20 PM

1.Rise Against
2.The Offspring
3.Pantera
4.Dream Theater
5.Sublime
ahh Sublime, I left them off my list. (don't know why) Id prob add them and MachineHead to the list now as well.

40oz to Freedom is one of my favourite Sublime albums.

@Matt have you heard there new stuff Sublime with Rome???
Heard some stuff with Rome, not quite sure if I like it yet or not.
Posted Image

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
Yeah true, it's a little different from some of Sublime's earlier stuff but IMO still quite good. Listen to some of the original Sublime songs that he does and you can hardly tell the difference in the voice.

Posted Image

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
The Red Shadow
Oct 3 2012, 05:23 PM
Here are my favorites, in no particular order:

Nine Inch Nails
Foo Fighters
Stabbing Westward
U2
lostprophets
I'm rather gutted at the moment. I just found out that the lead singer of lostprophets is being charged with some major sexual offenses involving a minor. It happened back in December and I hadn't heard about it until today. There are some sick bastards out in this world. >_>

CoachLuke22
Member Avatar
1. Avenged Sevenfold
2. Pearl Jam
3. Sublime
4. System of a Down
5. Journey (pre filipino guy)
N.A. Consoles - 7/9
N.A. Controllers CIB - 8/8
N.A. Carts - 76/296

Nintendo Power Controllers - Nintendo Power 100, DK64, Millennium 2000

Meptrep
Member Avatar
Dreams of Dreamcast
I'll change this to top five artists since I like some solo people.

1. Guns N' Roses
2. Marc Bonilla
3. Rollins Band
4. Kvelertak
5. Velvet Revolver
Posted Image

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
CoachLuke22
Apr 5 2013, 09:58 PM
5. Journey (pre filipino guy)
What is your opinion of that new guy? I was pretty impressed with his voice at the time he joined the group. He was an almost spot on dead ringer for Steve Perry.

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
1. Red Hot Chili Peppers
2. Soundgarden / Audioslave (These bands are twins, I can't decide.. ha)
3. Them Crooked Vultures
4. Incubus
5. ZZ Top
Edited by TNT737373, May 11 2013, 06:11 PM.

action
1. guns n roses (1986)
2. Queen
3. the jimi hendrix experience
4. the doors
5. led zeppelin

Cabanon
Elite
oh thats a hard one

1. Metallica
2. Pantera
3. Kataklysm (the older stuff tho since I grew up with it)
4. Korn (again, the older stuff up to "Take A Look In The Mirror")
5. Linkin Park (again, the older stuff up to "Colision Course")

Honorable mention

Limp Bizkit (the last album is a pure gem, if you missed it, you HAVE to listen to it. a pure Limb Bizkit album that goes back to the 1st/2nd album)
Slayer
Cannibal Corpse
Cephalic Carnage
Amon Amarth
Five Finger Death Punch
Green Day (my 1st album was Dookie on cassette in 1994 for my birthday)
Megadeth (im not liking them live anymore but this was my first show ever so it has a good place in my heart)

retrozombieslayer
Member Avatar
Holy Nintendo, Batman!
(No particular order)

1.) Metallica
2.) Black Sabbath
3.) Blue Öyster Cult
4.) RAMONES
5.) Alice Cooper

(Rest of top ten)

6.) Rob Zombie
7.) White Zombie
8.) Dead Kennedys
9.) Megadeth
10.) AC/DC
Edited by retrozombieslayer, Jan 2 2014, 05:33 PM.
Collection: NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, Wii, PS1, PS2, Dreamcast, Atari 2600, Xbox 360, Game Boy, Game Boy Advance SP, DS Lite, DSi, PSP-1000

My (horrifically outdated) Horror Blog:
http://horrorshowspooktacular.blogspot.com/

stevenrumm
Member Avatar
Established Member
the Who
The Jam
Madness
The Specials
X Ray Spex

Kamikaze
1. Bullet for my Valentine
2. Disturbed
3. Children of Bodom
4/5. Nightwish / Epica

Norcal
Member Avatar

It's almost impossible for me to create an actual top 5, not to mention my top bands tend to change pretty frequently.. But for now i'd have to say:

1. Five finger death punch
2. Three days grace
3. Red
4. Disturbed\Device
5. Metallica

Others that i'd consider to be in the same top 5 category: Atreyu, Asking Alexandria, Beatles, Green Day, Yes, Elton John, Under0ath, A Day To Remember, Killswitch Engage, Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet For My Valentine, Escape The Fate, Linkin Park, Iron Maiden, Nine Lashes, System Of A Down, The Word Alive, Yellowcard, Memphis May Fire, You Me At Six
Posted Image

NintendoLuke99
Member Avatar
Nintendo 64 Teen Enthusiast
1.The Who
2.Fleetwood Mac
3.Manfred Manns Earth Band
4.Coldplay
5.Men Without Hats
Really love Rock music,and i was definetley wouldve putten on blue oyster cult but i only know one song dont fear the reaper.
Get :n64: Or Get Out! :n64: slogan
:n64: Forever!

My :n64: Collection
1 Black :n64: console
34 :n64: Games
3 Offical :n64: controllers

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
Norcal
May 23 2014, 01:03 PM
It's almost impossible for me to create an actual top 5, not to mention my top bands tend to change pretty frequently.. But for now i'd have to say:

1. Five finger death punch
2. Three days grace
3. Red
4. Disturbed\Device
5. Metallica

Others that i'd consider to be in the same top 5 category: Atreyu, Asking Alexandria, Beatles, Green Day, Yes, Elton John, Under0ath, A Day To Remember, Killswitch Engage, Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet For My Valentine, Escape The Fate, Linkin Park, Iron Maiden, Nine Lashes, System Of A Down, The Word Alive, Yellowcard, Memphis May Fire, You Me At Six
It seems we have much of the same tastes in music. I have a Red album at home that I haven't listened to in years. I'll have to throw it on now after you mentioned them here :yeah:

Posted Image

ThoseWeirdGames
No particular order, just soem thoughts on some great bands. Probably not even what I'd considered "THA BESTEST", but worth saying anyways.

System of a Down I've seen in concert, and they are rather no-nonsense despite their rather intense activism at times. While a lot of their stuff is a bit lost in metal shuffle, a lot more of it is unique, and they don't at all lack a punchiness to the sound. It's exactly the type of metal infused with pop that I enjoy. Both the vocalists, Serj and Daron, are extremely clear yet able to delivery fantastic intensity and brooding sensitivity. Their subject matters are unique, their music is unique, and most importantly their rhythms are unique as well as tight. A real solid group that i wish would come out with another album all ready!

Fleetwood Mac I've also seen in concert, and they are the greatest pop band out there. Real intricate musicianship and a song writing spread seen in bands like Queen. Of course, I don't need to tell anyone that. You likely own at least one of their albums if you collect albums. The somberness, the party-down atmosphere, and the brilliant harmonies combine to make something truly magical that is no bound by pop.

Pink Floyd is the group I wish all rock bands were. Fascinating mix of Progressive, blues, and hard rock stylings. Again, don't need to explain anything about them. They are ethereal in their qualities, yet down to earth as musicians and people. I consider their four album period starting with Dark Side to be some of the best music to ever grace the Earth. Hell, I even like Meddle and A Momentary Lapse of Reason quite a bit too.

Sticking old-school, 70's to be exact, Led Zeppelin are powerhouses in the same vein as Pink Floyd. They have five absolutely killer albums and at least one classic song on the rest of them. I have a great deal of Zeppelin bootlegged shows, and in some instances they are leagues better live than on the record. A song like Kashmir should never have been contained through the studio. They are more than just a sort of "proto-metal" band that college kids rave about. If you actually look into the musicianship, it's mind blowing how good they were.

And lastly we got Black Sabbath. These guys, to me, ARE metal. Though I can enjoy fierce sounds of Metallica, speedy swashes of Blind Guardian, and progressive confusion masses of Dream Theater and SOAD, metal at its core will always be Black Sabbath to me. Even when they're slumming it they produce stellar material, like their first album. They're not as technical as some expect heavy metal to be, but the musicianship, like Zeppelin, is completely staggering. It's not just a bunch of dirgey riffs. It's a complex mesh of rhythm and doom, supplanted by my favorite singer of the group, Ozzy. Love listening to them find that soul of metal in every album.
36 Current N64 games
2 Grey Controllers
1 Black Console
1 Rumble Pak, 1 Memory Card

super_joker
Member Avatar
Established Member
1. Red Hot Chili Peppers
2. AC/DC
3. Metallica
4. The Strokes
5. Nirvana

and many many more! (my iPod is a whore) X_D
PRESS START
Posted Image
PRESS START

Xephyrian
Member Avatar
Master Chief of the Universe
Gonna post again since my favorite bands are constantly changing. Here they are currently:

1. Brand New
2. Mayday Parade
3. Emery
4. La Dispute
5. Underoath
Posted Image

Kamikaze
If I have to make a top 5 RIGHT NOW (which I'm doing, lol) it would look like this:

1. Bullet for my Valentine. Love all the albums, live show is decent. Just my kind of music
2. Amon Amarth. Just bought my second AA album, amd I love it!
3. Rhovanion. Small, new band. If you like AA, check out this band as well. Seen 'em live twice now and liking every bit of it!
4. Disturbed. Made a huge drop in the list, from 2 to 4. Habe been listening to much to it.
5. Linkin Park. But only the first 3 albums. The new stuff is :pottymouth: (and the reason it's not higher in my top 5)
Edited by Kamikaze, Aug 24 2014, 05:27 AM.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · TV, Movies, Music & Other Entertainment · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: