Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Do you play with your Wii?
No, I have Wii envy. 5 (12.8%)
Yes, but I always feel guilty afterwards. 4 (10.3%)
I play with it in healthy moderation. 23 (59%)
I used too, but I played with it so much I went blind. 5 (12.8%)
I'm playing with it right now! 2 (5.1%)
Total Votes: 39
Do you like the Classic Controller?
Yay 29 (82.9%)
Nay 4 (11.4%)
Go play in traffic, wiitard 2 (5.7%)
Total Votes: 35
Wii discussion
Topic Started: Dec 8 2006, 08:31 AM (13,883 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

Guess what...

Posted Image

Posted Image
Quote Post Goto Top

Mop it up
Member Avatar
Forum Urban Legend
SCORE!

So I see Wii Sports comes in a plastic case. I've heard that in the US, it comes in a cardboard insert, but I don't know if that's true or not. And I don't know why I'm even posting because you probably won't be back here until next year... if ever.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rapueda (retired)
Member Avatar
Gemini Squadron
Nice, alxbly!! So how is Zelda????
Posted Image

Deleted User
Deleted User

It's amazing! It's the closest thing to OoT since... OoT! The story is pretty good so far, and the pace is great. You have quite a few handy items before you even get to the first big happening in the story. The controls were something I had worried about before I got the game but they feel natural, especially if you take the time to set up the sensor bar.

Quote Post Goto Top

dataDyne
Forum Dinosaur!
alxbly,Dec 8 2006
08:31 AM
Guess what...

Posted Image

Posted Image

A.W.E.S.O.M.E

There was a time when I was heavily in favour of the 360, but after seeing Twilight Princess and Wii Sports in action for the first time, my opinion has completely changed.

On a (slightly) different note, the Wii was released 3 days ago in Australia. Time to start asking for more hours at work. ;)
Give this man a fish, and he can throw it up eleven times
-alxbly
PSN: LifeIsPreachy
Mario Kart Wii: 0088 - 2869 - 9843

Deleted User
Deleted User

^ You won't regret it. TP is truly amazing.
Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Kick, Punch, It's all in the mind
I finaly got a wii with zelda Twighlight princess im about 4 hours into zelda and up to where ive got to save the children after your the wolf
Posted Image

Deleted User
Deleted User

Nice one Spikie!
Quote Post Goto Top

Rapueda (retired)
Member Avatar
Gemini Squadron
Congrats! :)
Posted Image

Deleted User
Deleted User

So what other games are you gonna get? I'm thinking about getting Excitetruck.
Quote Post Goto Top

Mop it up
Member Avatar
Forum Urban Legend
That's nice for you, but... now there are more than 4 million people who bought one before me. And that number can only get larger...

dataDyne
Forum Dinosaur!
Mop_it_up
Jan 21 2007, 11:07 PM
That's nice for you, but... now there are more than 4 million people who bought one before me. And that number can only get larger...

I feel your pain buddy. :(
-alxbly

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
congrats

it will be a long while before i can get one. thank God for zelda being for the gc too. that will hold me over.

Matt
Member Avatar
im looking at wii play (for the remote), Wario ware,Red steel,Exitetruck(not out in uk till feb) and super smash bros brall (even though its not out in the uk till march)
Posted Image

StYoung
Member Avatar
Elite
Warning: naughty reference below. Minors (read: Ragedy) look away.

Red Steel sucks hard cock.

alxbly will agree.
dagoss,Nov 17 2007
05:13 PM
OMG, this is the best topic ever made.  I nominate Steve for God!

Matt
Member Avatar
thanks st young
I might pick up a wii points card later since street fighter 2 has just been relesed on virtual console where i live
Posted Image

Deleted User
Deleted User

Red Steel is underwhelming, I've not played it enough to judge one way or another. Some of the glitches are pretty bad though. :unsure:

Wii Play is really pointless... it's not much fun in single or multi-player. But, the Wii Play/Wiimote bundle only costs a little more than a Wiimote though so it's up to you.

Call of Duty 3 is not bad. Excitetruck is the next game I'm looking forward to. Super Monkey Ball and Rayman: Raving Rabbids are also both meant to be pretty good.
Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
I got wii play yesterday. alxby i quite like it :whistle:
Posted Image

StYoung
Member Avatar
Elite
Wii Play looks better than Wii Sports to me, but thats not really saying much...

I'm tempted to start TP over again.
dagoss,Nov 17 2007

Deleted User
Deleted User

spikie
Jan 28 2007, 01:52 PM
I got wii play yesterday. alxby i quite like it  :whistle:

That's fair enough. :) Mrs Alxbly and me played it when I first got it, but there was nothing that really made me want to play it again. Shooting Range, Pose Mii and Billiards were alright, the rest were pretty random.

Steve, I remember you being quite critical of Wii Sports in another topic because of it's lack of depth. There's even less depth to Wii Play; it's simply mini games.
Quote Post Goto Top

StYoung
Member Avatar
Elite
I have no problem with mini-games.

It's just I expect sports games to have depth. And I also thought that the Wiimote use in some of the games was a bit useless, or at least really unaccurate.

Plus, I heard Wii Play has air hockey. I love air hockey, but haven't played it since we sold the one in my basement along with the house ;_;
dagoss,Nov 17 2007

dataDyne
Forum Dinosaur!
StYoung
Jan 28 2007, 10:48 AM

It's just I expect sports games to have depth. And I also thought that the Wiimote use in some of the games was a bit useless, or at least really unaccurate.

Plus, I heard Wii Play has air hockey. I love air hockey, but haven't played it since we sold the one in my basement along with the house ;_;

Wii Play has a mini-game called Laser Hockey, which plays a lot like air hockey. Don't get too excited though, it blows.
-alxbly

Ragedy
Veteran
dataDyne
Feb 1 2007, 12:25 AM
StYoung
Jan 28 2007, 10:48 AM

Wii Play has a mini-game called Laser Hockey, which plays a lot like air hockey. Don't get too excited though, it blows.

I liked Laser Hockey. Yeah Wii Play was pretty suck but a few of the games were kinda fun.

...I want an excuse to use the new smilies. :w00t: :rofl:

Deleted User
Deleted User

Ragedy
Jan 31 2007, 01:31 PM
...I want an excuse to use the new smilies. :w00t: :rofl:

I just realized what the upside down smilie was for; ROFL. He dosn't look like he's laughing... :lol: :rofl: ??? Maybe that smilie is shy?

Laser Hockey is far too sensitive. I guess it would get better with practice but I'm just too lazy. <_>
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Best Wii Play review ever:

http://one.revver.com/watch/176059#
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Six months on from buying my Wii and I'm finding it to be the console with the least interesting games I've ever owned. I can't believe how disappointing this is after such a great start. Twilight Princess is amazing but I finished it in January. And Wii Sports is good fun but it's single player mode lacks depth.

I'm still finding the controls for Excite Truck to be... well... lacking. Red Steel is average at best. Call of Duty 3 is okay but I can't help feeling that the Wii's extras (some hand to hand combat bits) just aren't fun enough to make up for what the Wii version lacks in visuals. Wii Play is a collection of minigames, most of which aren't much fun. Splinter Cell had terrible controls and ended up being traded in. And Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz feels unneccessarily difficult with the Wiimote.

I play more Gamecube games on my Wii than Wii games. :(

And I know: Elebits, Trauma Centre, Super Paper Mario, Wario Ware... Well, Elebits only came out in the UK on Friday (I'll be getting it soon), Trauma Centre isn't out aross here until the end of June, Super Paper Mario hasn't got a UK release date yet and Wario Ware... well, I really want a single player game.

Talk about a slow start. :-/
Quote Post Goto Top

StYoung
Member Avatar
Elite
Yeah, I currently have one game for the Wii - Wii Sports, which came with it for free.
dagoss,Nov 17 2007

dagoss
Member Avatar
Smarty Pants
Here comes the big I told you so....

I told you so!

plankton88
Member Avatar
Established Member
You guys are crazy. The Wii is awesome. Just wait until later this year. The games will get better. Of course I have different tastes in games than a lot of the people on here. I can sit an play Mario Party mini games for hours. I hate games that are FPS and any game where you just carry around a gun the whole time shooting. One of the reasons I have hardly any Xbox games. After I finally broke down and bought an Xbox, I went to the store to pick up some games and it seemed like every game I looked at was some crappy FPS or an army game or some shooting game KILL KILL KILL. (Yawn) What ever happened to good old running around and jumping.

Anyway I'll will definitely be picking up Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario Party 8, The Bigs, Harvest Moon, Mario and Sonic Olympic games, and Mario Galaxy. If those games are as good as I hope they are, that will be just fine with me.

Deleted User
Deleted User

^ As you can see from my own collection (listed above) I'm not someone who only likes FPS's. Chibi Robo was the last Gamecube game I played, and on my DS I'm playing Animal Crossing and Mario Kart. I'm not saying "teh Wii is bad coz it don't have Halo 3" but I do find a few of the the current Wii games to be either a bit dull and/or a bit shallow.

I'm sure all the games you've listed will be good, but that doesn't stop my Wiii from collecting dust until some of those games are released.

Dagoss

Here comes the big I told you so....

I told you so!

My concern isn't about the Wiimote being a a novelty (which was/is your worry, if I remember correctly), it's more that the Wii games out in the UK just now don't feel that exciting. I'm confident this will change when I get Eledees (*shudder* why change elebits name?), Super Paper Mario and the two Resident Evil games. Oh, and Cooking Mama! ^_^
Quote Post Goto Top

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Other Video Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: