Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Controller discussion; N64 controller discussion - collecting/issues/help
Topic Started: Jul 23 2006, 12:29 AM (43,548 Views)
SoloJones64
Established Member
Cabanon
Oct 22 2016, 02:23 PM
how was it listed btw ? was it "grey controller" or "comboy" ?
Yeah I have a saved search on ebay of comboy 64
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Enneielle
Hi everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself here and possibly gain some collecting insight. My tag is Enneielle,I play smash 64 competitively and recently decided to start collecting nintendo 64 products. I'm mostly into controllers but eventually I would also like to collect the 20-30 CIB games that I actually like for the n64. I'll post my small collection once my ebay pick ups arrive :)

I was wondering what people who live in Canada think about buying off ebay because of how low the Canadian dollar has become. Are you waiting to make purchases in the hopes that it will rise? I know for myself calculating the extra 10-15 dollars on boxed controllers just for conversion fees really pushes me to wait for a great deal before I buy.

Also what is considered to be a 'good price' on boxed 64 controllers these days? Mostly looking to complete an original 8 NA collection, while picking up any Japanese boxed controller that I think is a decent price (so far I've got one green for 30 CAD and a red for 40 CAD).

Cabanon
Elite
hey, im in Canada too and I do calculate the exchange rate, you have too. otherwise you'll pay way over the top for everything. Try sourcing locally, it might end up cheaper or sometimes people are just plain dumb and ask ebay price + 50%. that's when ebay comes to mind or this very forum.

Prices for boxed is all over the place because of what it might include or not. it's also different for each color.

have fun and don't loose your mind (read wallet) over useless stuff, start with what you really really what/matters to you instead of being all over the place.

SunShiine
Hey guys, I'm new here but I'll introduce a little about myself.

Name is Patrick, been a collector of sorts for a few years now. Officially looking to finish, or get close to getting the ~30 N64 contrller variants. Right now I'm looking to buy the DK64 and Yellow Australian Yellow Pokemon controllers if anyone is selling or know where I can pick one up for a good price.

Currently have the following controllers:

Solid-
Yellow
Red
blue
Green
Black
Grey

Funtastic-
Jungle
Watermelon
Fire
Ice
Grape
Smoke
Extreme Green
Atomic Purple

Exclusives:
Nintendo Power 100
Pokemon (Blue/yellow) with console

JP:
Black/Grey
Light Blue Pokemon
Orange Pokemon
Clear Red
Clear Blue
Daiei Hawks
Hello Mac

Looking to complete, or get close to, the 30 mark. E3, M2000, and Geoffrey are probably not gonna come for a while but I'll get them one day (maybe lol)

Kiyu
Hello everyone! I want to add one controller that has a proper working thumbstick to my collection to use... Which one would you guys recommend me to go for? Brand/colour/gc or N64 mechanism? I am considering to get an orange or red one...

I already have the Grey and black solid ones but the former owner gave a little top much love to Both thumbsticks lol!

kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
There's a few options out there. Replacement thumbsticks are pretty meh. I would rather use a worn out thumbstick personally. The ebay ones are just frustrating if you have to do any fine movement in a game.

I had better results with the Kitch Bent Gears replacement gears, but they take some work and don't make a stick "like new" but I would say they rewind the clock a bit.

And of course there's Steelsticks64 (drool), but I don't think Linus is taking new orders yet. http://steelsticks64.com

There's a TON of stick chat here: http://s9.zetaboards.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/topic/7360571
Posted Image
Join in the N64 Forever MK64 Hotlap Competition!
Posted Image

Cabanon
Elite
shop for seller that are located in Japan. they are usually 10/10 and very cheap.

Strider
Member Avatar
Established Member
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Shigeru-Miyamoto-signed-N64-Gold-Controller-genuine-autograph-Nintendo-Zelda-/263000389877?hash=item3d3c0b78f5:g:5DoAAOSwj85YMqcD#

Signed controller by Shigeru Miyamoto.....
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

N64JUNKIE
Member Avatar
That's interesting. I'll look into it :)

sublime1996525
Member Avatar
That dude
I agree the replacement sticks are pretty bad or at least the one I tried was but I wasn't expecting much for $8. I have a SteelStick from Linus and it is pretty amazing. I would try to look for maybe a new N64 controller but they are pricey.

Strider
Member Avatar
Established Member
Is it possible to remove the power 100 logo off of the power 100 controller to place on a controller in better condition? has anyone tried this and have any results or information on how it goes?

It does look very fragile so i was thinking heat it up with a hair dryer to soften the adhesive and use a thin fishing line to pull back and forth to slowly cut through the adhesive?

any info or anyone got any results please lemme know thanks!

ddr2nite
Member Avatar
Controller Collecting Extraordinaire
Strider
Oct 7 2017, 06:40 PM
Is it possible to remove the power 100 logo off of the power 100 controller to place on a controller in better condition? has anyone tried this and have any results or information on how it goes?

It does look very fragile so i was thinking heat it up with a hair dryer to soften the adhesive and use a thin fishing line to pull back and forth to slowly cut through the adhesive?

any info or anyone got any results please lemme know thanks!
I've personally never messed with the sticker, but I know other collectors who have attempted to "lift + reseat/readjust" the sticker and they have all failed due to a couple of things. Firstly, the sticker itself is relatively fragile and has a slight "lift" to it... the best way I can describe it is that it's sort of a thick 3D sticker. That means as soon as someone tries to lift up a corer of it, you risk BENDING and causing a big crease to the sticker which would pretty much ruin it.

Then there is the adhesive that was used to glue on the sticker - it seems to be some sort of industrial grade glue and not easily dissolved. Then again, I've never tried to attack it with Goo Gone or other chemicals or heat, so I can't say for certain.

My advice: if you're thinking about buying a NP100 controller for cheap due to the sticker being misaligned or crooked and you think it's going to bother you - it's not worth the risk and I'd save up more money and purchase a NP100 with a straight sticker in the condition that you want. But if you're willing to get your hands dirty and attempt the re-alignment of the sticker... let us know the results!
Posted ImageClick here to check out my N64 collection.
N64 Controllers: 30/30 Completed | ASCII Controllers: 15/15 Completed
N.A. Boxes: 8/8 Completed | Japan Boxes: 21/21 Completed
Full NTSC-J CIB Set: 198/198 Completed

"trust me, we all started with just one or two games
and then things kinda got out of hand
" - MK II

Frostgaze
Member Avatar
Is $37 USD a good deal for a Daiei Hawks controller?
---Consoles: 8/16
--Controllers: 19/24
---Games: 65/388

Posted Image

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
Yes.
You should spend the remainder on a blacklight to illuminate the phosphorescence of the controller. ;)
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

1985gamer
Member Avatar
I'm in the lookout for a brand new clear or ice OEM controller. I don't mind which colour, this is for modding and playing, let me know if any of you have one you wish to part with please.

Also looking for a SteelSticks64 unit and happy to pay above sale price. Thanks all

BlipHighlight
It is shocking how much the steel stick controllers are going for

kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
Yeah, Linus's work is amazing. I know his asking price on his site seems pretty reasonable for what you get. But with their scarcity, I'd imagine owners are asking for whatever they want.
Posted Image
Join in the N64 Forever MK64 Hotlap Competition!
Posted Image

telyon
https://www.ebay.com/itm/352333004860?var=621713986574

Are these worth it?

Cabanon
Elite
probably not. sucess of failure is 100%. get a used OEM controller instead or look for ASCII pad. they are uber cheap and carry an OEM joystick. most of them are like brand new and are from Japan.

Cabanon
Elite
stumbled on this while browsing for a blue one. look at the writting date, amazing it's still up !

http://ca.ign.com/articles/1997/11/21/hudson-green-with-joycards

Spoiler: click to toggle
Edited by bluedogrulez, May 4 2018, 07:43 AM.

Strider
Member Avatar
Established Member
Cabanon
May 4 2018, 05:29 AM
stumbled on this while browsing for a blue one. look at the writting date, amazing it's still up !

http://ca.ign.com/articles/1997/11/21/hudson-green-with-joycards

Spoiler: click to toggle
Great find thanks for sharing :yeah:

N64-Collector
Member Avatar
Established Member
Cabanon
Joycard 64 controller costs about $21, and is sold separately.

So the two clear Hudson controllers were sold separately?

What happened to each of them being limited to 1000, and prizes? Am I missing something? :smokin:
Edited by N64-Collector, May 23 2018, 09:25 AM.

Cabanon
Elite
they were referring to the Black one.

Strider
Member Avatar
Established Member
N64-Collector
May 23 2018, 09:23 AM
Cabanon
Joycard 64 controller costs about $21, and is sold separately.

So the two clear Hudson controllers were sold separately?

What happened to each of them being limited to 1000, and prizes? Am I missing something? :smokin:
Read the start of the article it will make sense again lol.....

Strider
Member Avatar
Established Member
Just after some information regarding the Geoffrey & hello mac controllers. do the bottom half of these controllers the grey part, have made in japan or made in china?

im aware due to others information on this forum that the E3 has japan on the black half and the mario kart limited has japan on the grey half. what controllers are known to have have made in japan on them? :yeah:
Edited by Strider, May 28 2018, 04:02 AM.

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
Strider
May 28 2018, 03:58 AM
Just after some information regarding the Geoffrey & hello mac controllers. do the bottom half of these controllers the grey part, have made in japan or made in china?
Made in Japan.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Strider
Member Avatar
Established Member
https://www.jauce.com/auction/f274522905

New unseen hori pad mini? never seen this clear green colour before!

ddr2nite
Member Avatar
Controller Collecting Extraordinaire
Strider
Jun 14 2018, 11:09 PM
New unseen hori pad mini? never seen this clear green colour before!
Nah, that's the same blue color as before just with a really weird lighting effect. If you translate the page, you can see that the controller is called "Ocean Blue" which matches up to the previously seen 1/2 blue 1/2 clear color. Serial number HN6-19.
Posted ImageClick here to check out my N64 collection.
N64 Controllers: 30/30 Completed | ASCII Controllers: 15/15 Completed
N.A. Boxes: 8/8 Completed | Japan Boxes: 21/21 Completed
Full NTSC-J CIB Set: 198/198 Completed

"trust me, we all started with just one or two games
and then things kinda got out of hand
" - MK II

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
It's also SEVERELY sun damaged. Look at the cord plug verses the shell. Wow.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: