Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Controller discussion; N64 controller discussion - collecting/issues/help
Topic Started: Jul 23 2006, 12:29 AM (43,544 Views)
Rapueda (retired)
Member Avatar
Gemini Squadron
Two. I'm on my third official controller. Not too bad for having an N64 for about 10 years. B)
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rapueda (retired)
Member Avatar
Gemini Squadron
I like the N64 controller because it gives you multiple options on how to hold it, depending on your preference.
Posted Image

Rapueda (retired)
Member Avatar
Gemini Squadron
That's a very convincing fake. :huh:
Posted Image

Rapueda (retired)
Member Avatar
Gemini Squadron
It's pretty rare. We figured out that only 1,000 were made available, and, at the time, could only be won through a Nintendo Power magazine contest.
Posted Image

Rapueda (retired)
Member Avatar
Gemini Squadron
Is it supposed to be for one-handed gaming...? Wonder how it works for first-person shooters. :huh:
Posted Image

Rapueda (retired)
Member Avatar
Gemini Squadron
alxbly
Jun 11 2007, 03:50 PM
Anyway, the Donkey Kong 64 "banana" controller was another limited edition from Nintendo Power.  Most stuff I've read indicates that it was given away to those taking out a Nintendo Power subscription around the time of DK64's release.

Yeah, around the time DK 64 came out, there was a special called a "Jungle Pak", which included a 12 month subscription to NP, a DK 64 player's guide, and the "Limited Edition Donkey Kong 64 Banana Bunch Controller," for $40 total.
Posted Image

Rapueda (retired)
Member Avatar
Gemini Squadron
alxbly
Jun 11 2007, 05:13 PM
You don't happen to have an issue of Nintendo Power that has that offer in it, do you? :o

I do. I'd be happy to scan one of them for you if you want.
Posted Image

Rapueda (retired)
Member Avatar
Gemini Squadron
Here ya go: http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u209/Ra...a2/scan0001.jpg

Sorry that the image quality isn't the best. The ad was on a textured paper that doesn't scan too well. :)
Posted Image

Rapueda (retired)
Member Avatar
Gemini Squadron
That's a slick looking system!!!! :o
Posted Image

Rapueda (retired)
Member Avatar
Gemini Squadron
Wouldn't it be funny if they actually turned out to be better? :lol:
Posted Image

Rapueda (retired)
Member Avatar
Gemini Squadron
For that auction alxbly linked to, it says it's an "Official Nintendo Controller", but it also says it's a "Shark Pro Controller". That's kind of contradictory.
Posted Image

Rapueda (retired)
Member Avatar
Gemini Squadron
Mr.378
Jul 9 2007, 03:02 PM
Last year, my houses air Condicionor broke so while it was getting fixed I stayed at a hotel with one of these, it was pretty cool, I mostly played the tetris game there.

Do you remember if it was Tetrisphere or The New Tetris? :)
Posted Image

Rapueda (retired)
Member Avatar
Gemini Squadron
It kind of looks like they use infared, like a TV remote, and those you usually have to have pointed at the TV to make it work (older versions, at least).
Posted Image

Rapueda (retired)
Member Avatar
Gemini Squadron
It was pretty good. I liked how the three prongs gave you multiple possibilities for how you could hold it.

I did not like how the controller pak and rumble pak went into the same slot, so you couldn't have both in at once.
Posted Image

Rapueda (retired)
Member Avatar
Gemini Squadron
Rogue
Jan 2 2008, 07:54 AM
I often use astrology to figure out...

Wha...?

Try shaking your controller. If the stick wobbles a lot, then it's loose. A tight control stick should barely wobble. You could also try putting your thumb on it and very, very gently try to rotate it in a small circle without using any force. If it easily rotates, then it's loose.
Posted Image

Rapueda (retired)
Member Avatar
Gemini Squadron
Yes, those are new. I've purchased a couple from there in the last few years. They don't come in boxes like they did at retail, however. Instead they come in unsealed plastic bags.
Posted Image

Rapueda (retired)
Member Avatar
Gemini Squadron
Yes, that's the only color available through Nintendo.
Posted Image

Rapueda (retired)
Member Avatar
Gemini Squadron
To draw attention to them.
Posted Image

Rapueda (retired)
Member Avatar
Gemini Squadron
I'd really love to try out a prototype controller with a big thumbstick some day. I've always wondered if it's more comfortable to use. It does look outlandishly large, though, and possibly even cumbersome. :mellow:

Those controllers in the video are quite the collector's item.
Posted Image

Rapueda (retired)
Member Avatar
Gemini Squadron
Geeze, that's hardcore. But I think it looks pretty ugly. For a tattoo I think the 3D "N" would be much more appropriate, especially if it's going to be on your arm or leg.
Posted Image

Rapueda (retired)
Member Avatar
Gemini Squadron
alxbly, have you ever tried it out before? If so, how did it work? And do you know if it works for every game, or just certain ones?
Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply