Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Controller discussion; N64 controller discussion - collecting/issues/help
Topic Started: Jul 23 2006, 12:29 AM (39,473 Views)
BetaWolf
Five or six. I've worn out every single official controller I've had. At this point, if I'd have kept buying them, I'd have gone through at least nine. I'm fine using a worn out controller though.
JadeYoshi from GameFAQs.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BetaWolf
Nah, most of my playtime was with Super Mario 64, Star Fox 64, and Mario Kart 64. I just played it that ****ing much. I used to beat Star Fox 64 at least on a weekly basis when I was 9.

It's those U-turns and summarsaults that killed mine methinks.
JadeYoshi from GameFAQs.

BetaWolf
I had a friend who had this. It's called the UltraRacer because it's designed after an RC car remote. It also had a Playstation counterpart that was identical to it in every way other than it's color theme, which mimicked regular Playstation controllers.

Used to see them in EB all the time.
JadeYoshi from GameFAQs.

BetaWolf
If you were a hardcore gamer back then, I don't see how you could not have seen it before. I saw it everywhere when it was new! I even remember it being cheaper at Electronics Boutique than it was at Software Etc.
JadeYoshi from GameFAQs.

BetaWolf
I remember seeing it back around the time of N64's earlier racing games. '97 I believe.
JadeYoshi from GameFAQs.

BetaWolf
Well, I hold it differently than most people. My left hand goes by the dpad, and I reach over to the analog stick. My right middle finger presses Z. It actually worked out pretty good. Not as good as Gamecube or SNES, but I still like it!
JadeYoshi from GameFAQs.

BetaWolf
Please tell us you don't knowingly buy bad controllers...
JadeYoshi from GameFAQs.

BetaWolf
My local Play N Trade has a few of these new.
Posted Image
I'm asking because I want something to use over my worn first-party controllers, which are really bad. I got to use one of these controllers and it felt pretty good. Dpad was great, actually. But I want opinions before I make any purchases.
JadeYoshi from GameFAQs.

BetaWolf
alxbly
Apr 27 2009, 03:24 PM
or if you want something with a more conventional design try the Interact Sharkpad Pro:

Posted Image
Err, I have one of those. I was the first one to review it, remember? Problem is mine is in shabby shape right now. I opened it up to clean it, but while reassembling it I managed to strip a vital screw.

Thanks for the suggestion and feedback. I'd definitely get one of those controllers if I could find one. I've got reasons I don't shop online that I don't feel like discussing.

Anyone else have input?
JadeYoshi from GameFAQs.

BetaWolf
alxbly
Apr 29 2009, 06:46 PM
BetaWolf
Apr 29 2009, 11:20 AM
I was the first one to review it, remember?
First and only, as far as I can see. :P But, yeah, I forgot you already had one of those. If you don't want to shop online then your choices are somewhat limited. In those circumstances maybe it would be best to buy the new controllers and put up with them until you find something better (i.e. an official controller in good condition).
Thanks for the advice. Anyone else here have experience with this?
JadeYoshi from GameFAQs.

« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply