Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Controller discussion; N64 controller discussion - collecting/issues/help
Topic Started: Jul 23 2006, 12:29 AM (41,686 Views)
migulic
Member Avatar
How did the Dual Shock get to number 2? That's one of the worst controllers I've ever used (well, I haven't used much)! The prongs are too short and too fat, you can't really keep your fingers on the L1-L2-R1-R2 buttons like you can with the GCN controller, the analog sticks are much worse than Nintendo analog sticks (you sometimes don't know if you're going left-up or left, whereas with N64, GCN and Wii you can feel when you 'hit' a direction'. I would put the GCN controller at number 2 instead.

The N64 controller, that one's pretty good too, only it feels strange to suddenly have your hands so close to each other after playing with the seperated Wiimote/nunchuk combo.
Posted Image

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: That's for blasphemy! - 20G
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

migulic
Member Avatar
StYoung
May 27 2007, 08:43 AM
The Dualshock/2 is pretty comfortable.

Well, I guess for each his own. I hate the Dual Shock. Actually, when I was playing Okami, I was thinking "This game is great... It's only fault is the controller you have to use with it".
Posted Image

migulic
Member Avatar
D.J Cat
May 31 2007, 10:43 PM
I don't think I even saw the Gamecube controllers on there.
It must of just been a popularity vote, because thats the most comfortable and easy to use controller out there.
Someone whos never played one before can instantly use it thanks to its brilliant design, everything is just in the right place.

N64 controller is a close second for me, it would be perfect if it wasn't for the analouge wearing out.

Agreed! Exactly! GameCube controller is great!
Posted Image

migulic
Member Avatar
Maybe they're talking about the analog sticks in the later LodgeNet systems? (See the 'Hotel N64' topic)
Posted Image

migulic
Member Avatar
I like the N64 controller - even though its shape is weird, it's still quite easy to hold compared to some other controllers (especially the nightmare that is the DualShock). The buttons and trigger were good, big enough and the right shape (flat and not rounded like Xbox buttons). The only major fault was the analog stick (I never actually used the D-pad so I can't comment on that).

Actually, now that I think about it, the N64 controller ranks in my top 3 of favourite controllers... right after the GameCube controller (absolute best, except the shoulder buttons) and the Xbox 360 controller (a close second, has much better shoulder buttons and triggers but a worse D-pad and rounded face buttons).
Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply