Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Controller discussion; N64 controller discussion - collecting/issues/help
Topic Started: Jul 23 2006, 12:29 AM (41,683 Views)
stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
i always loved the n64 controller!

my fav controllers are ps2, n64, and gc.
all work great and are very comfortable...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
umm...

i am on my fourth official controller.
i wore my first one down to about 50% and i finished it off by spray painting the stick chrome (stupid.) i bought i shark pad next, and it was pretty good. i lost the L button though and retired it. i bought my next 2 official ones after that. i still have both of those. i bought my newest one used at eb about 4 years ago. it seemed new to me.

anyhow, i have 3 now. one at maybe 40%, one at 60%, and the last at 90%...

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
as far as comfort goes - the dual shock fits me best, then gamecube, and then n64.
now as far as function, it goes in exactly the same order. i have no complaints at all about the dual shock. the gamecube one is ultra comfortable, but i do not like the shoulder buttons or un-aligned analog sticks. i rank it better only better because of the dual analogs. the 64 controllers only flaw to me is the use of c buttons instead of another analog. it wouldn't look right with one though....

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
yeah, aligned is just my preference.

yeah, the dual shocks could stand to be a bit tighter. they don't come close to the tightness of the gc or 64. i do just fine with them though...

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
i do not have the magazine where i live now, but i specifically remember a contest where the winner got an official gold controller. i believe that is where i got the idea to paint one of mine chrome (curse the day!)

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
i had this controller for about a week.

i bought it for about $50 or $60 if i remember correctly. bottom line, it worked great for me. the buttons worked well, and the analog close to original nintendo.
i don't remember anything about it bothering me. it had no rumble pack compatability, that was about all i didn't like.

i started second guessing myself, and talked myself in to returning it to spend the money a little more wisely. my tv was only like 5 or 6 feet from where i sat to play, so i didn't need it. i already had extension cords anyways.

looking back, i wish i would have kept it...

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
i like it just fine.

i think the dual shock is my fav, but the 64 and gamecube controllers and close to it in my book...

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
i loved the n64 controller.

i find the gc controller to be most comfortable, and the playstation controller has the best button placement.
the n64 controller is a colse 3rd behind them.

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
I am no controller expert, and I do not pretend to be.

Ones I know of to be rare from hearing it from other users:
Nintendo Power 100
Millenium 2000
E3 gold Controller
Mario Kart Controller (pretty sure about this one)

Others I am pretty sure about (One of you collectors clarify here)
Jusco 30th anniversary
Japan Blue
Japan Red
Pikachu Blue
Pikachu Orange
Pokemon Blue
Pokemon Yellow

I am not sure how rare the Donkey Kong and Regular Gold Controllers are.

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
We do have some authorities on controllers around here. While finngamer & ddr2nite are both controller experts, I would say alxbly is too. Coorsy, lithium, and Kami both seem very educated on them as well.

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
I definitely see you point,alxbly :D

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
No worries, man. I think everyone would refer to you as an authority on controllers. No matter if it is intentional or not, cocky'ness can just rub people wrong sometimes. No need to vanish from the forum :)

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Wow, I love the yellow and black one :D

« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply