Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Controller discussion; N64 controller discussion - collecting/issues/help
Topic Started: Jul 23 2006, 12:29 AM (39,458 Views)
D.J Cat
Member Avatar
http://www.ztnetstore.com/product_info.php...products_id/211

Yeah I've been looking for these for a while and now i've found them again (although on a different site).
I haven't purchased any before but they look very promising, just a little handy work with a screwdriver and your away!

(I think this might be in the wrong board, but they N64 controller review topic was closed.
So yeah...)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
Really?

New N64 controllers with the stick in perfect condition?
Damn you Americans getting things cheaper! :P (its true)

Here on Ebay the go for $25 at least (gaming wise - thats equivalant to half the price for you pretty much) when they are in good nick sometimes more.

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
It seems like a good price to me.

Rather than paying say 20 bucks for a controller with an average stick, just buy one of these and put it in your old crappy controllers (of which I have many, back at my dads place).

I'm gonna get some after i get some 3rd party controllers.
(Not to put in them, i just wanna have some 3rd party controllers. ^_^ )

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
I reckon a bit like dvdboxoffice.com that site would give free postage.
But I'm not sure and don't have long before work to check.

Oh man, when I find a 64 with a good stick its like striking gold.
And the latest one I found was in near perfect condition AND cheaper than ones i've paid for on ebay with rubbish sticks.

SO i went to GameTraders (like EB but way better cause they sell old stuff for nearly every system on top of new stuff) to get some 3rd party controllers.
Last time I went there they had some, but i was abit iffy on them, but since reading someones fine reviews ;) ^_^ I felt the need to try and get some.
After waiting for a good half an hour (there was only 1 person working there trying to handle like 10 people) it turns out they had none left.
Meh.

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
(sorry for double post but i kinda had to...)

Well, i just bought myself a replacement joystick and put it in my 'troller...only took about 5 minutes and it works brilliantly.
I'm going to get more eventually.
Hopefully people will be intereste din brand new N64 controllers for 15 bucks (Aus $$)

I also turned down the Competition Pro controller cause I was unsure of the review on it.
But now i've re-checked it out, I'm going to get myself that controller as soon as i possibly can!

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
I don't think I even saw the Gamecube controllers on there.
It must of just been a popularity vote, because thats the most comfortable and easy to use controller out there.
Someone whos never played one before can instantly use it thanks to its brilliant design, everything is just in the right place.

N64 controller is a close second for me, it would be perfect if it wasn't for the analouge wearing out.

But maybe i'm just biased.
:mellow:

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
Around about 6.
2-3 ABSOLUTELY rooted.
1 was so worn out the stick came out of the socket.
I've been in super conservative mode since 2001, using the D-Pad in every N64 game that lets it.

I've currently got 5 good ones, looking to get more 3rd part/new joysticks. ^_^

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
Its an excellent controller, the only thing that lets it down is the actual control stick wearing out.
The only better thing I've used is the Gamecube controller which is perfection in a bag.
And the D-Pad is excellent, I use it for so many games, might as well not wear out the control stick.

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
Mop_it_up
Apr 10 2009, 09:51 PM
I hear tell that there is a super-rare adapter which allows one to use a PlayStation controller on the Nintendo 64, though I don't know if there is any truth to it.
Yeah, does anyone have any/much experience with these?
(probably Alxby)

And the N64 to pc converter would be great too.
Is there a Gamecube to N64 one?

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
danny_galaga
Feb 7 2010, 05:47 AM
Unusual. But probably easier to just get another controller...
About what i'm thinking....

Although, you could try throwing it against a wall really hard. :o

« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply