Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Controller discussion; N64 controller discussion - collecting/issues/help
Topic Started: Jul 23 2006, 12:29 AM (39,490 Views)
Electro
Member Avatar
Established Member
Nice, though I prefer the GameCube controller, N64's was also good. Seriously though, while you may get the impression that there's a lot of hate for the N64 going by certain forums (I think the gamefaqs one, with all its 2D fanatics and SNES fanboys is the worst offender), it usually preforms well in all kinds of online polls I see. Take a look at this one, actually on gamefaqs, which indicates that its the second most loved Nintendo console:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/index.html?poll=2215

Looking at its gamefaqs reviews you'd never guess it, but there you are, great results in a unfavorable venue.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Electro
Member Avatar
Established Member
During my N64 years, I have played long enough for my original main-controller to be worn out, right now its analog stick is in such a state that I can hardly even move forward when playing Zelda. When currently playing I use my secondary controller that has seen far less usage over the years, it's not in a perfect state (the analog stick has begun to get a bit loose) but it works well overall. How many N64 controllers and analog sticks have you guys used up over the years?

Electro
Member Avatar
Established Member
Quote:

Wow. Sounds like the last couple of posters are pretty aggressive gamers.

Or maybe they are frequently playing games involving heavy-handed button-mashing, International Track & Field 2000 is one such game (the hammer-throwing game certainly hurt my first controllers' analog stick), and from what I hear the Mario Party games also feature some mini-games of this kind.

« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply