Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Controller discussion; N64 controller discussion - collecting/issues/help
Topic Started: Jul 23 2006, 12:29 AM (43,556 Views)
Gaming Freak
Hardcore Gamer
Does anyone have instructions on how to put together a N64 controller that was taken apart? I was going to replace a messed up control stick on one of my controllers, but I accidentally took apart all the pieces of the control stick area, and pretty much the entire controller as well. Help?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Gaming Freak
Hardcore Gamer
Applepieman
Oct 12 2007, 06:27 PM
Pretty much love it, just hate teh wearing of the analog stick.

My thoughts exactly.

Gaming Freak
Hardcore Gamer
How do you tell if your controller's joystick is tight or not?

Gaming Freak
Hardcore Gamer
Thanks to the people who actually helped out instead of trolling and adding a meaningless post to the topic.

I've got another question: When the control stick gets really worn out is in unable to be pushed all the way in a certain direction? One of my controller's sticks is really wobbly, and I've found that when using it I am unable to make a character run in a game like SM64.

Gaming Freak
Hardcore Gamer
So what? Just because you guys know the answer to a question doesn't mean everyone in the world does. The answer's actually not obvious, if I asked everyone in my family that question I doubt anyone would know the answer. Where as if I were to ask if the sun were out, a preschooler would even know the answer. The answer was not as obvious as you guys think. And besides, there was no need for the rude comments. It just makes you guys look like ********.

Gaming Freak
Hardcore Gamer
I've got a lot of official brand N64 controllers, and I've got some questions regarding lubricating the analog sticks.

1. When would a control stick get to the point where lubrication wouldn't help?

2. About how long would a control stick last from brand new to completely worn out? As in, how many hours of gameplay would the control stick last for. (if the stick was never lubricated)

3. Like how much longer will the control stick last when it gets lubricated?

Gaming Freak
Hardcore Gamer
Can you give the link to where Nintendo sells new controllers?

Gaming Freak
Hardcore Gamer
Wait...those are new?

Gaming Freak
Hardcore Gamer
Are they always gray?

Gaming Freak
Hardcore Gamer
That's kind of lame.

Gaming Freak
Hardcore Gamer
I actually got a blister from that game...

Gaming Freak
Hardcore Gamer
A lot of my friends hate the N64 controller due to having three prongs instead of two. They're used to holding controllers with two prongs, so they find it weird.

Gaming Freak
Hardcore Gamer
If I ever have to play a control stick rotating mini-game, I'll use my controller with a really worn out stick. And I'll have something to protect the palm of my hand as well.

That blister I got was huge. I don't remember how big it was, but it hurt like hell. And for about a month I couldn't do anything like clap my hands or grip a bar without lots of pain. It really sucked.

Gaming Freak
Hardcore Gamer
Mop_it_up
Jan 12 2008, 09:20 AM
Nintendo used to give away a free glove to people who had purchased Mario Party. I'm not sure what made it more special than any old glove though...

Maybe it was thick, so you'd have less of a chance of getting a blister?

Gaming Freak
Hardcore Gamer
Mop_it_up
Jan 12 2008, 09:15 AM
Gaming Freak
Jan 11 2008, 06:06 PM
That's kind of lame.

You should just be happy that they even still sell accessories for a 10+ year-old system.

Kids these days... <_<

Not when I can use ebay. ;)

Gaming Freak
Hardcore Gamer
Well, not all A button mashing. Then there would be too many similar minigames. But just not rotating control sticks, I really don't want another blister.

Gaming Freak
Hardcore Gamer
Personally, the Gamecube controller was one of my favorites. I love the button layout, and the controller fits my hands well. Plus, there was the Wavebird, a good wireless controller!

Gaming Freak
Hardcore Gamer
Could I use Vaseline to lubricate the analog stick?

Gaming Freak
Hardcore Gamer
Eww...looks pretty ugly.

Gaming Freak
Hardcore Gamer
Am I the only one who actually liked the N64 controller? Everyone seems to hate it...

« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply