Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Controller discussion; N64 controller discussion - collecting/issues/help
Topic Started: Jul 23 2006, 12:29 AM (41,736 Views)
Shangyou
Member Avatar
Dreamwalker
lithium017
Apr 14 2010, 12:08 AM
I need help:
I have found and I am about to purchase the Mario Kart Black / Grey Controller-however there is no box. How can I tell this is different from a make up from a black and grey one? Are the colours different at all?
I just took a picture to compare my Mario Kart controller and a normal grey controller.
My MK controller has been used for a while now so it's not as white as it used to be and it's kinda dirty actually but you can tell from the picture that it's still whiter than the grey controller.
My grey controller hasn't been used at all BTW.

Posted Image
Edited by Shangyou, Apr 14 2010, 03:13 AM.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Shangyou
Member Avatar
Dreamwalker
lithium017
Apr 14 2010, 09:51 PM

Thanks for taking the time and the pics! I have heard that the top is more matte black and not as glossy as the standard black controller-can you confirm this as well by any chance?

Thanks!
Unfortunately I can't help you confirm that... I don't have a charcoal black controller to compare it with. x.x
You should be able to tell the difference quite easily though. When my MK controller was brand new it was really significantly whiter than the grey one.
Edited by Shangyou, Apr 14 2010, 11:18 PM.
Posted Image

Shangyou
Member Avatar
Dreamwalker
ddr2nite
Aug 10 2010, 11:07 AM
I've racked my controllers in a different manner, as seen below:

Posted Image

Each rack is comprised of 1 pieces of wood (painted) with 4 book stands ($1 from WalMart) that were bent and hot glued to the pieces of wood. Then each piece of wood had 3 holes drilled, and screwed onto the wall.
That looks great! :yeah:
Posted Image

Shangyou
Member Avatar
Dreamwalker
clarky_n64
Mar 4 2011, 10:37 AM
What do you guys make of this!

If it have been painted, thats one bloody good paint job.
Wow! :huh:
Does anybody know if this is real?
It seems very familiar to me... like I've seen it somewhere before... perhaps in a Japanese gaming magazine when I was a kid...
Posted Image

Shangyou
Member Avatar
Dreamwalker
alxbly
Mar 4 2011, 11:37 AM
It's a professional respray by a company called Foxdata:
I knew I've seen it somewhere before!
Thanks for the information alxbly you're a real controller pro! :yeah:
Posted Image

Shangyou
Member Avatar
Dreamwalker
Mk II
Mar 13 2011, 06:20 PM
Quote:

they also did a gourgeous shiny chromed N64 console.
:omg:
Posted Image

Shangyou
Member Avatar
Dreamwalker
Oh my it looks even better than I expected. :o
Posted Image

Shangyou
Member Avatar
Dreamwalker
clarky_n64
Mar 17 2011, 09:33 AM
Posted Image

Apparently Rare gave a few away in a contest. I don't know how true this is mind.
Holy sh-! :omg:
Posted Image

Shangyou
Member Avatar
Dreamwalker
Out of curiosity, does anybody have a SharkPad Pro 64?
I have one and I'm using it as my main controller as I've heard all the stories of the official N64 controller thumbsticks wearing out and since this one has a different thumbstick I figured I'd take my chances.
So, the question is, does anybody know if the SharkPad Pro 64's thumbstick will wear out as easily as or even more easily than a standard N64 controller's thumbstick?
Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply