Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Controller discussion; N64 controller discussion - collecting/issues/help
Topic Started: Jul 23 2006, 12:29 AM (39,406 Views)
kami of time
Member Avatar
Established Member
fwnsp
Jul 30 2010, 04:09 PM
yep, they are all either brand new controllers, or have brand new joysticks fitted. i bought about 50 replacement sticks- still have spares, and other controllers i use.

the mount is a controller pack attached to the timber, so the controllers are fully removable and usable and reorderable :)
That is a really neat idea, mine are all on the wall, but they are all held up using a temporary hold. So it isn't exactly that stable. How exactly did you attach the controller pack to the wood? If you don't mind me asking. I'm open to any ideas on how to display my controllers. Thanks!
When in doubt, START-A+B+Z+R.

My Youtube Channel!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

kami of time
Member Avatar
Established Member
fwnsp
Aug 1 2010, 12:37 AM
first thing, i made sure the memory cards would sit flat.
i then arranged them, and 3 rows of 8 worked well.

i measured and cut 3 rows of timber, then marked where the memory cards would sit so the controllers would sit evenly, about 17cm apart.

after all this, i simply made a hole in the top of each memory card with the screws i was using, you could drill them out though.

then put the screw through the timber, and lined it up with the hole in the memory pack.

took me about 2 hours to build, over 2 days.
That is awesome!!!!! It looks great!! You have inspired me to create something like this. Of course I won't do the exact same thing, but you have opened new ideas for me!!! Thank you =] And good luck with any further projects you start on!

My Youtube Channel!!

kami of time
Member Avatar
Established Member
ddr2nite
Aug 10 2010, 11:07 AM
I've racked my controllers in a different manner, as seen below:

Posted Image

Each rack is comprised of 1 pieces of wood (painted) with 4 book stands ($1 from WalMart) that were bent and hot glued to the pieces of wood. Then each piece of wood had 3 holes drilled, and screwed onto the wall.
Awesome idea ;D

-Mel!

My Youtube Channel!!

kami of time
Member Avatar
Established Member
So this is just half of my wall in my room, the other half is a bookshelf/display shelves in the middle of the wall that has all my N64 console boxes, Zelda Statues, and my Millennium, NP100, DK controllers and my snow white Hori Pad. The other half is just random N64 controllers. This half is one of each controller (not including the other 3 Pokemon Controllers because they are still being shipped to me) I am obviously not counting the Hello Mack and the special Gold/Black Promo controller with the gold Nintendo logo on the front.
Here are some pictures of how I hung the controllers, they are hung by two screws in the wall, a very nice hold!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

My Youtube Channel!!

kami of time
Member Avatar
Established Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr-hwrUBGzQ
I've only started collecting a few months ago!
=]

My Youtube Channel!!

kami of time
Member Avatar
Established Member
celticguitar666
Aug 30 2010, 07:16 AM
:) Good luck with your collecting! You could be worse things with your time. happy belated Bday! I just picked up my unit N64 the other day with 2 games Zelda Ocarina and Majoras mask dirt cheap!. Don't worry about being chatty I do the same when talking about my Vinyl, R2R and cassette,Vinatge stereo stuff.
Have Fun
Dwight
Hey, thanks so much =] Means a lot!!

My Youtube Channel!!

kami of time
Member Avatar
Established Member
Thanks guys =]
I think the only way to play N64 games, is on a old school tv =] makes me feel like i'm playing it back in the good old days!

My Youtube Channel!!

kami of time
Member Avatar
Established Member
danny_galaga
Sep 10 2010, 06:56 PM
kami of time
Sep 10 2010, 10:01 AM
Thanks guys =]
I think the only way to play N64 games, is on a old school tv =] makes me feel like i'm playing it back in the good old days!

Agreed! But maybe not sitting on the ground :D
Good point!! I'll figure something out ;]

My Youtube Channel!!

kami of time
Member Avatar
Established Member
RememberBodyHarvest?
Sep 23 2010, 02:27 PM
Woah nice collection im gonna subscribe :)
Thank you so much!!! ^_^

My Youtube Channel!!

kami of time
Member Avatar
Established Member
clarky_n64
Sep 28 2010, 06:21 PM
Cool vid! I really like your controller collection :yeah:

I'm currently collecting all the UK released games at the moment but I've already decided I want to collect the controllers too, once I have all the games.

I already have a black, yellow, yellow top pokemon and a see thru red one already so not a bad start :D
Thanks =]

That's cool that you want to collect the games first!! I am the opposite lol.

Hah, yeah you are on your way, still have a lot of searching to do to find those rare ones. It won't be easy, i'll tell you that right now lol. But I wish you luck!! =]

My Youtube Channel!!

kami of time
Member Avatar
Established Member
clarky_n64
Sep 29 2010, 04:35 PM
I think the one I'm going to have most trouble getting is the Millenium 2000 one. Also most of them controllers weren't ever released in the Europe either which makes it even more difficult to get the ones I need.

Will you be trying to collect the complete collection of Hori pads?
Honestly, you'd be surprised on how many people want to sell their Millennium 2000 controller. I know in the past month, i've seen at least 4 different people try to sell/offer me theirs. I think it's because they know they can get a lot of money for it, and it's a hot collector item. you just have to be at the right place at the right time. Do a lot of research and checking on eBay for the controller you want. As for different countries, I'm sure it is more difficult to find some. But that is why eBay can search internationally, which is what I use the most. I just recently bought a Gold Controller Japanese box from Italy today. Just have to know what to search for.

I do love the hori pads a lot, but noticed they are a bit pricey. I would love to collect them all. I would love to get the gold/black/and fire orange one the most. I already have the snow white and a yellow one in the original packaging. Both of those did cost kind of a lot. But I am happy with my two, I think those are good for now. =]

My Youtube Channel!!

kami of time
Member Avatar
Established Member
floorcat
Sep 30 2010, 01:40 PM
Yeah... I'm quite impressed, kami! And just for a few months' time... WOW. :omg: So was eBay the main (only?) go-to place for you? Back when I was collecting (N64/SNES games), it was essentially the only place (outside of our local independent game shop here, which is *AWESOME*) that I'd go to in order to find obscure poop.

Anyways... very nice controller/Zelda collection! :yeah:
Why thank you =]

Yes, eBay was the main place I purchased all my goods from. There were a few random websites I got some of my Japanese controllers/Zelda figures and weapons from. But without eBay, my collection would be very dull.

Again, thanks for your comment! Means a lot =]

My Youtube Channel!!

kami of time
Member Avatar
Established Member
alxbly
Oct 12 2010, 07:47 PM
That's an amazing collection for someone who only started collecting a few months ago. Well done, and thanks for sharing it with us. :) So, what's you next target for your collection?
Thank you so much =] It sure was tough to search high and low for some of these things. For now, I'll be collecting boxed controllers. I'm kind of taking it slow for right now. But, if you want to know what I am up to, keep checking my youtube page for more videos =]!

My Youtube Channel!!

kami of time
Member Avatar
Established Member
Hahaha I've stumbled across that many times, that would be cool to have =]

My Youtube Channel!!

kami of time
Member Avatar
Established Member
Hmm, I think those ASCII pad controllers shouldn't be considered first party actually. I mean, even though it is licensed, it is just not 1st party to me. When I think 3rd party i think turbos and all those funky buttons. Maybe it is just my opinion. Yes it has the same similar shape but I don't see it being considered 1st party. If anything, it should be like 1 1/2 party haha =p

My Youtube Channel!!

kami of time
Member Avatar
Established Member
I'm glad Glen did as well =] I actually view this topic every time I go on this website because I have Google Chrome and for anyone of you who has it, when you open Chrome, you come to a list of most viewed websites and this topic is one of the windows haha. And I go on this website a lot every day lol. Also I used to use fwnsp's controller set up picture as somewhat of a guide when I was collecting, so I was on here a lot. It was pretty much my first topic on here that I viewed. I thought it was a very clever set up!

Also, they glass case idea would look very professional! I have thought of many different ways of displaying my controllers and believe me, I really wanted to put them in some sort of glass case display, but it would be highly expensive =/ It's times like these that I wish I knew how to make glass myself lol xD

-Melanie

My Youtube Channel!!

kami of time
Member Avatar
Established Member
I can totally see where you were/wanted to go with this. I think we think alike because this is something I would have thought of as well. You have the right idea dan, you really do.

And moving?!?!!? What?!?!? That sure is going to be fun moving all your stuff, huh..? =p

-Mel

My Youtube Channel!!

kami of time
Member Avatar
Established Member
Hahaha. I've got to say, I've thought of tons and tons of ideas to mount my controllers somehow... but never have I thought of something like that hahaha. If you could make that work, I'd have to give you a virtual high five :yeah:

-Mel

My Youtube Channel!!

kami of time
Member Avatar
Established Member
Yes i agree with Purtle, it would be such a pain to move around if you change your mind about the location of it. Trust me, i've moved my wall of controllers many times and it can be such a hassle. I can't imagine if string was involved with it on top of that... hahaha. =p

My Youtube Channel!!

kami of time
Member Avatar
Established Member
Dan this is an awesome display =]!!!! VERY nice looking! A++

-Mel

My Youtube Channel!!

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you