Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Controller discussion; N64 controller discussion - collecting/issues/help
Topic Started: Jul 23 2006, 12:29 AM (41,684 Views)
clarky_n64
Member Avatar
Modding Monster
Cool vid! I really like your controller collection :yeah:

I'm currently collecting all the UK released games at the moment but I've already decided I want to collect the controllers too, once I have all the games.

I already have a black, yellow, yellow top pokemon and a see thru red one already so not a bad start :D
Clarky & Smithy Creations YouTube Channel
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

clarky_n64
Member Avatar
Modding Monster
I think the one I'm going to have most trouble getting is the Millenium 2000 one. Also most of them controllers weren't ever released in the Europe either which makes it even more difficult to get the ones I need.

Will you be trying to collect the complete collection of Hori pads?

clarky_n64
Member Avatar
Modding Monster
Anyone ever seen this before!? Looks like an original controller but with turbo buttons :huh:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HUDSON-JOYCARD-64-TURBO-CONTROLLER-Black-N64-VGC-GWO-/370388605547?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameAccessories_VideoGameAccessories_JN&hash=item563ce19a6b

clarky_n64
Member Avatar
Modding Monster
alxbly
Nov 3 2010, 04:09 PM
On a side note, the only officially licensed controller to get a western release was the Performance Superpad, although the licensing is only clear from the packaging:

Posted Image

The later re-releases of the same controller from different companies (Interact for example) weren't licensed.
I never realised nintendo stuck there name on the superpad. I don't recall the n64 logo being stamped on the controller anywhere, unlike the ASCII or Hudson one :o

clarky_n64
Member Avatar
Modding Monster
alxbly
Nov 4 2010, 09:58 AM
clarky_n64
Nov 4 2010, 03:54 AM

Quoting limited to 2 levels deepPosted Image
Yeah, as far as I remember there's no official logo on the controller like there are on the Japanese controllers. The Superpad is also the least 'official' of the licensed controllers; it doesn't use Nintendo parts as the others do.
Not to mention that the d-pad on it is soooooooo bad!

clarky_n64
Member Avatar
Modding Monster
Personally I see ddr2nite as being very passionate towards controller collecting and helpful with regards to anything controller related, not cocky (unless I'm missing something).

However, I would like to add that even if you have only been collecting over the last 12 months or so, that doesn't mean to say you can or can't say which game, or piece of hardware is rare or not.

I've only been collecting games for around a yr now but I've seen some games go up and up in price due to them being hard to come by. For example, Hercules (TITUS!!) I've only ever seen 2 copies of it on ebay UK. Another ShadowGate 64, I've only ever seen one copy of it, and its still for sale (199.99).

At the end of the day, NO ONE really knows how rare something is....FACT!

Chill!!! :mario:

clarky_n64
Member Avatar
Modding Monster
What do you guys make of this!

If it have been painted, thats one bloody good paint job.

clarky_n64
Member Avatar
Modding Monster
Mk II
Mar 14 2011, 03:54 AM
yeah, the chromed console looked very nice in the tiny picture featured in the mag. it's actually something ive been thinking off , there must be a company somewhere that can do it professionally and i wouldnt mind a chromed N64 and say a "gold plated" NES. ive got enough consoles to take a gamble
I'd actually do a man wee in my pants if I could get a gold or chrome plated N64.

clarky_n64
Member Avatar
Modding Monster
Posted Image

Apparently Rare gave a few away in a contest. I don't know how true this is mind.

clarky_n64
Member Avatar
Modding Monster
Shangyou
Apr 23 2011, 05:59 AM
Out of curiosity, does anybody have a SharkPad Pro 64?
I have one and I'm using it as my main controller as I've heard all the stories of the official N64 controller thumbsticks wearing out and since this one has a different thumbstick I figured I'd take my chances.
So, the question is, does anybody know if the SharkPad Pro 64's thumbstick will wear out as easily as or even more easily than a standard N64 controller's thumbstick?
Those sharkpads have good analogs. You can also wire ps, xbox or gc analogs to them aswell. I use them in my portables all the time.

That game insert looks as though it says something about an ascii psd. :huh:

clarky_n64
Member Avatar
Modding Monster
Mk II
May 27 2011, 03:06 AM
Anyone know more about Ascii Pads?
I think ddr2nite would most probably know a fair bit about them.

clarky_n64
Member Avatar
Modding Monster
Cabanon
May 27 2011, 05:35 AM
the ascii pad have 6 buttons, not 4. thats why i dont think its an ASCII pad but i might be wrong.
Its one of those Hudson Controllers then.

Posted Image

clarky_n64
Member Avatar
Modding Monster
ha! I use the word naff all the time. Aswell as cack, pants and sh!te lol

clarky_n64
Member Avatar
Modding Monster
Mk II
Aug 19 2011, 05:43 PM
perhaps you could use it like this :)

Posted Image
X_D I saw that pic the other day on a google image search.

clarky_n64
Member Avatar
Modding Monster
Just picked one of these Foxdata controllers up. I was actually on the hunt for ddr2nite as I know he was collecting these but I believe he already has this one.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Bit of damage to mem/rum release button
Posted Image

Does anyone know an exact value on these things as I know there pretty sought after.
Edited by clarky_n64, Oct 13 2011, 11:29 AM.

clarky_n64
Member Avatar
Modding Monster
I got it in a console bundle from ebay. I only really wanted the console for a portable I'm making so this was a bonus.

Shame its not the final you need ddr2nite. It would be nice to see the foxdata set complete. I'm still keeping my eyes open for you though.

If your interested MK then let me know what you had in mind. I could do with a nice CIB Mario Party 2 :D

clarky_n64
Member Avatar
Modding Monster
Sorry Sic, I've agreed a deal with MK for a PAL CIB Mario Party 2 as and when one comes up his end.

Thanks for the offer though :yeah:

clarky_n64
Member Avatar
Modding Monster
Mk II
Dec 15 2011, 12:28 PM
Thanks to fellow forummer clarky_n64 im now the proud owner of one of those funky Foxdata controllers!
I've traded it for an Atari Lynx with 4 games. Lousy picture to follow...

Posted Image

UPDATE added a boxed Japanese Clear / Blue controller to my collection (thanks to ddr2nite).

Posted Image
Glad it turned up MK ll :yeah:

clarky_n64
Member Avatar
Modding Monster
Nice one ddr2nite :yeah:

Its really good to see everything :n64: well documented with pictures.

clarky_n64
Member Avatar
Modding Monster
lithium017
Jul 8 2012, 10:13 PM
The midnight blue one I did get from you ddr - just not sure if I had even mentioned it in the past month or so.

I just spent a good afternoon cleaning up my game room and taking a room tour video - the Geoffrey (it is unboxed) can be seen in the video which will be uploaded in a few hours :yeah:
Congrats on the Geoffrey controller :yeah:

Looking forward to seeing the new video.

clarky_n64
Member Avatar
Modding Monster
DeeMoney
Feb 27 2013, 01:19 AM
Johnny5
Feb 27 2013, 12:08 AM
jmacbear25
Feb 26 2013, 09:20 PM
What are you talking about johnny?
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/281070789153?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

dont say i didnt warn you! :omg:
Well someone in the UK has been drinking too much warm beer. :-8
Judging by the packaging and parcel tape in the background, it looks like he/she has just received it and slapped it up on ebay at that stupid price. :rollseyes:

clarky_n64
Member Avatar
Modding Monster
A modders best friend for fault finding:

Posted Image

Plug in the controller and turn the system on. Attach the black lead to the solder point where the black wire attaches to and the same with the read lead. If you get a reading or around 3.3v, it's not the cable. You will need to open the controller to do this though. ^_^

Sidenote: I challenge ddr2nite to get one of those prototype Ultra64 controllers :D

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply