Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Controller discussion; N64 controller discussion - collecting/issues/help
Topic Started: Jul 23 2006, 12:29 AM (41,680 Views)
Coorsy101
Member Avatar
ddr2nite
Nov 6 2010, 10:49 PM
I just wanted to bump this topic - see if anyone else has any cool controller mounting ideas.

Also so that we don't forget our Australian friend - fwnsp (his real name's Josh) - who also has a wonderful collection. He hasn't been around our forums in a while though >_>
Im glad you did Glen! Ive yet to come across this topic and if it wasnt for you, who knows when or even if i would.

These wall mounts are absolutly brilliant. I have been debating on how to display my collection in my room and this is definately helpful. i have very limited space in my room so i have to take advantage of my wallspace like you guys do.

I had an idea similar to yours Glen where i mount my controllers across the top of my walls. So it would be like a boarder of N64 controllers all the way around my room.

Another idea would to mount them in clear plastic cases individually on the wall. the cases could be accessable through the top and you could slide your controllers in and out. Im not sure if them make any plastic cases like that but i think it would look cool. Maybe have a tab hanging off each one with the name of the controller? idk just a thought.

Let me know what you guys think!

-Coorsy
Edited by Coorsy101, Nov 6 2010, 11:48 PM.
American

Controllers: 12/19 (9/15 Boxed/Sealed)
Systems: 1/9 (1/9 Boxed)

Japanese

Controllers: 7/18 (6/18 Boxed)
Systems: 1/10 (1/10 Boxed)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Coorsy101
Member Avatar
I dont think it would be that expensive if you used plastic instead of glass. im sure it wouldnt looks as professional but it is still a clear way to mount your controllers without actually hooking them to something. it will also prevent them from collecting dust!

The problem is.. HOW? how do you make a case that you can mount to the wall and make accessable thru the top?

Any ideas?

-Coorsy
American

Japanese

Coorsy101
Member Avatar
Not to be a buzzkill Flagpole, but the controllers you have listed for your collection are on the more common side. Especially if they are just loose used controllers.

Some factors that effect rarity/value are completion and condition. For example.. your funtastic grape controller loose is quite common and worth about 10-15 USD. But if you have it still sealed in the blister pack, it can be valued around 100 USD.

The region in which the controller was released also plays a huge factor. Mainly when your dealing with boxed controllers as theres no difference in the controllers themselves.

When it comes to stingers list.. he is right, but could use minor tweaking. I think its fair to say the Donkey Kong Controller is rare. Its the most common of the 3 nintendo power promo's but its still rare. The 6 standard japanese colors i wouldnt consider rare. They are just less common due to the fact they are japanese lol.

Hope this was of some help.

-Corey
American

Japanese

Coorsy101
Member Avatar
I totally agree with alxby when it comes to the region of the controller. Prices on japanese auction sites are far different then a japanese item listed on ebay... its crazy. Ive seen clear blue systems sell for under 1000 yen (10 USD). Yet if it was listed on ebay it would sell in excess of 50!! So yes, regions play a huge rolls.

I mean it all really comes down to what you as a collector are willing to spend. Everyone has that "max number" in the back of their head even before it pops up for sale. So if you really think about it... value can somewhat be determined by that 1 persons "max number". Especially with public auctions.

The best way to get items from different regions is privately thru friends/aquantinces. There are middle man websites that will allow you to bid on foreign auctions, but they charge a TON of fees, to the point where its almost worth waiting to pay the inflation price of it being listed on ebay.

I agree with stinger as well. Knowledge isnt determined by the size of your collection. Technically you could own everything, but know next to nothing about it. vice versa, you can be knowledgable in things you dont own. For example, im quite knowledgable in snowboards, but i only own 1...

-Corey
American

Japanese

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply