Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Controller discussion; N64 controller discussion - collecting/issues/help
Topic Started: Jul 23 2006, 12:29 AM (43,830 Views)
regnad
Member Avatar
Button Masher
My green Hori is also my favorite for actual play, although I really like the way my teal and wine-red two-tone Horis look.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

regnad
Member Avatar
Button Masher
I have to admit I have never heard the word "naff" before!

regnad
Member Avatar
Button Masher
Ninty64
Jun 12 2011, 06:25 AM
regnad

I have to admit I have never heard the word "naff" before!

An English word for cr*p! lol
I live in Tokyo and work with a bunch of Brits, Aussies, and Kiwis that are always using words I don't know. But naff is a new one!

I'll try it out tomorrow!

Is it regional, or do all Brits use it?
Edited by regnad, Jun 13 2011, 04:10 AM.

regnad
Member Avatar
Button Masher
My New Zealand coworker was also familiar with naff.

regnad
Member Avatar
Button Masher
Do you think it would be unwise to use a modded rumble with a USB adapter on a computer?

regnad
Member Avatar
Button Masher
EskobarM92
Jun 5 2015, 10:25 PM
Posted Image
I got these today.

Always looking for new controllers :)

Anyone here have the wireless or turbo controllers? any good?
N64 Wireless Controller Hypermode Grey Retro-Bit
Read about some sync issues with start button. Tempted to pick up This instead.
I have a yellow Hori like that, and also a green, a clear red, and a clear aqua-ish.

I actually had a blue one like yours too, but I traded it to Raphael at Raphnet for a USB adapter. I wanted an adapter that would work with Hori and rumble, and he said if I sent him one he'd figure out how to make it work and give me one in exchange, which he did! The one pictured on his website he got from me.

I got all of these at a Hard Off in rural Saitama, Japan for 500 yen each, about $5 or $6. I've had my eyes open forever for others for years here (I'm in Tokyo), and no luck. The few I've seen were horribly overpriced in Akihabara. I think I just hit gold that one place. And speaking of gold, they had a gold one too, but the stick was completely broken and it was scratched up, so I declined.

The Hori really breathes new life into N64 platformers. I can't imagine playing Banjo or DK64 or Mario 64 without one.

What are you thinking with that GCN-to-N64 adapter from Raphael? Do you want to use a GCN Wavebird to play N64?

« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply