Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Controller discussion; N64 controller discussion - collecting/issues/help
Topic Started: Jul 23 2006, 12:29 AM (43,794 Views)
LordXaero
Member Avatar
Established Member
Grizzmeister
Jun 14 2011, 06:35 AM
Shibbypod
Jun 11 2011, 11:08 PM
I'm not a serious collector, but my small collection of controllers is basically the pride of my gaming repertoir! I own all the solid colors other than black, two are grey, the red one has the box. In games that require a lot of joustick action, i prefer my green Hori Mini Pad, such a high quality controller!

What controllers do you guys use when you play?
Mostly I'm using this one along with a Rumble Pak I modded so that it doesn't need batteries to work. ;)

Posted Image
No batteries for the Rumble Pak? Please tell me more.
"Heaven Knows I'll Miss You Now You're Gone"
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LordXaero
Member Avatar
Established Member
Grizzmeister
Sep 28 2011, 06:18 AM
LordXaero
Sep 28 2011, 01:23 AM
No batteries for the Rumble Pak? Please tell me more.
Here is an HD quality 'How To' video.

If this isn't clear enough I can pretty much talk you through the whole process.
So, pretty much, all you do is solder a connection between those two joints shown in the video, and that's it?

LordXaero
Member Avatar
Established Member
Grizzmeister
Sep 28 2011, 11:47 AM
LordXaero
Sep 28 2011, 10:33 AM
Grizzmeister
Sep 28 2011, 06:18 AM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepHere is an HD quality 'How To' video.

If this isn't clear enough I can pretty much talk you through the whole process.
So, pretty much, all you do is solder a connection between those two joints shown in the video, and that's it?
That's right and it doesn't even need to be the stock resistor as I used just a plain jumper wire.

The rumble feels the same as when the unmodded unit has fresh batteries so it's a worthwhile DIY project if you play games that support the peripheral.
That's neat stuff. First the new joysticks, and now rumble without batteries. We are bringing the N64 into today's world!

« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply