Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Controller discussion; N64 controller discussion - collecting/issues/help
Topic Started: Jul 23 2006, 12:29 AM (39,423 Views)
finngamer
Member Avatar
Established Member
As with the console variations, I did a grid of all the available controller variants on my website. Input is appreciated, if you notice something off. :) Scroll to the end of part 1.2.

http://finngamer.webs.com/nintendo64.htm
The Collection: List , Video
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

finngamer
Member Avatar
Established Member
Mk II
Feb 4 2012, 04:58 PM
i have a boxed European Atomic Purple controller as well and IIRC ive mentioned this to finngamer a long time ago.
Is it Atomic Purple or Clear Purple?

Well, got to fix the info then, thanks. :)

finngamer
Member Avatar
Established Member
Struck a deal with ddr2nite, which included, but was not limited to, him getting a sealed US Watermelon from me and me getting his second Geoffrey. So, I'm happy that the brothers are now united. :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

So, I'm still missing three controllers from a full collection:

US Watermelon (sealed blister)
JP Black-Gray
JP Jusco

Though naturally I already have a Black-Gray from the Mario Kart bundle and a Watermelon from a console bundle, so technically I'm just missing a Jusco to own every variation. There's been a few loose Juscos floating around recently, but I'll just wait out for a CIB copy. :)

finngamer
Member Avatar
Established Member
I was on my way to report this as well, but good that people are aware of it.

Way too shiny, of course, but still seemed to be good enough to sell for $250... He does say it's a replica on the description, but then how the hell does he use the word "Original" in the auction title?

finngamer
Member Avatar
Established Member
lithium017
Jul 15 2012, 01:54 PM
Any thoughts from you finngamer about fakes? Is this something you have seen much of in your years of collecting?
Faked peripherals? Never. Actually didn't even occur to me, but if there's one suitable target, it's N64 controllers. Awfully easy to produce a Geoffrey or Hello Mac sticker and stick it to a Mario Kart controller, if you have access to the picture... Scary stuff.

I just bought a US version of Metal Slug X (AES) for around 900 euros, needless to say I want to get the real deal at that price. The Neo-Geo AES is nowadays a challenging console to collect for, as counterfeitters are getting better all the time and the big games attract lots of unwanted attention. Basically any game over $500 could be a bootleg that's virtually unrecognisable from pictures. That's why I buy those kind of games from established collectors over at neo-geo.com forums, I'd be too scared to use eBay.

finngamer
Member Avatar
Established Member
Yes, found one. :)

JAP Black-Gray, brand new inside, just a few minor scuffs outside the box.

Posted Image
Edited by finngamer, Oct 2 2012, 09:14 AM.

finngamer
Member Avatar
Established Member
Cabanon
Oct 2 2012, 10:34 AM
2 of these in a short period of time. cool !
Who got the other one?

But yeah, it's funny how rare this is boxed, it's just a matter of time when lots more will be found.

finngamer
Member Avatar
Established Member
I came here to view some juicy controller discussion, but you guys surprised me. :w00t:

finngamer
Member Avatar
Established Member
italia64
Feb 22 2013, 12:04 PM
Finngamer please create a really good controller database;-)
You did know about my website, right?

http://finngamer.webs.com/nintendo64info.htm

Or is there something that's missing from it? I guess the pictures could be more in-depth, but other than that I don't know how to develop it.

finngamer
Member Avatar
Established Member
italia64
Feb 23 2013, 10:24 AM
Wow I was forgetting how complete was your list;-)
There is some mistakes in the "X" of Eur/USA/Pal games

Finngamer can I open a new post with some questions for you?
About 20 question about N64 collections that I need to know and I think will be useful for other collectors
(Ps I'm the guy who tweeted to you my PAL collection last week;-) )
Ah, hi there. :)

I did double check the game list regions when I created it, what games are off?

Sure, fire your questions away. Maybe this thread is better in general? http://s9.zetaboards.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/topic/7324692/1/

finngamer
Member Avatar
Established Member
I am very happy to present you with a picture of... a complete controller collection:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Buuut... I'm actually still one short. See, I have just made a trade with mjwatts26 which included me giving him my CIB Geoffrey and he giving me two missing controllers: CIB Jusco and sealed blister Watermelon (+a sum of money). I'm shipping the Geoffrey away soon, but I thought I couldn't pass up on this opportunity to take pictures (and actually make a video as well) of a full collection. Which to my knowledge has never been documented to have been all in one place.

It is nice to see them all together, box variants and all. Mjwatts26 just made me an offer I couldn't refuse, so hopefully I'll be able to get another Geoffrey someday. :)
Edited by finngamer, Jan 3 2014, 02:40 PM.

finngamer
Member Avatar
Established Member
Vinyl
Jan 1 2014, 09:28 PM
That is one awesome setup you got there! are you also going for the Foxdata ones? They are not really original but IMO still a part of the family ..
Lets say adopted? =p
No, official Nintendo is the only way for me. :)

finngamer
Member Avatar
Established Member
But I make so ugly watermarks. >_<

But you're right, it's done.
Edited by finngamer, Jan 3 2014, 02:41 PM.

finngamer
Member Avatar
Established Member
All my "regular 6" colour controllers are in Scandinavian boxes (except green, that one I bough from the UK), so they do exist. :)

Still keeping those controllers even after selling all the rest, also keeping all six in Japanese boxes as well.

« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply