Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Controller discussion; N64 controller discussion - collecting/issues/help
Topic Started: Jul 23 2006, 12:29 AM (41,734 Views)
SicCooper
Member Avatar
Veteran
clarky_n64
Oct 13 2011, 11:28 AM
Just picked one of these Foxdata controllers up. I was actually on the hunt for ddr2nite as I know he was collecting these but I believe he already has this one.

If nobody has bought or traded for this controller yet, can I? you said you want a CIB mario party 2? NTSC I hope?
Edited by SicCooper, Nov 1 2011, 11:06 PM.

Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SicCooper
Member Avatar
Veteran
Mk II
Nov 2 2011, 11:36 AM
sorry, Sic... i've got first dibs on the Foxdata controller
ok, cool. I didnt know if you guys were following through :)

Posted Image

SicCooper
Member Avatar
Veteran
Can someone please point out any differences to me between a USA and JAP N64 controller? specifically the solid blue color.

Posted Image

SicCooper
Member Avatar
Veteran
ddr2nite
Nov 20 2011, 04:20 PM
SicCooper
Nov 20 2011, 03:46 PM
Can someone please point out any differences to me between a USA and JAP N64 controller? specifically the solid blue color.
There is no difference between the solid colors of the two regions. There isn't a way to tell the difference between the two, only the box is different.
sweet. so I picked up a box for a JAP blue controller, I will now have 2 of these (one will have an American controller in it though)

Posted Image

SicCooper
Member Avatar
Veteran
I am closing in on the last boxed USA 64 controller I need!!!! I am so excited!

Posted Image

SicCooper
Member Avatar
Veteran
Cabanon
Nov 30 2011, 01:37 PM
SicCooper
Nov 30 2011, 11:33 AM
I am closing in on the last boxed USA 64 controller I need!!!! I am so excited!
which one ? purple ? extreme green ?
Extreme Green. I won it today! Luckily the seller ended the item early for me. I got it for $40 after shipping, its minty!

Posted Image

SicCooper
Member Avatar
Veteran
I will definitely upload some photos. I also got my first Australian boxed controller! Ill take pics very soon. The Extreme Green one should be here Monday

Posted Image

SicCooper
Member Avatar
Veteran
Total after shipping was $44.50

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

SicCooper
Member Avatar
Veteran
Got it in the mail today! This box is MINTY! and the controller I'm pretty sure has never been used. It still feels sort of "dry/waxy" like brand new :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The seller also threw in a sealed pack of Mario cards from 1988 for free :)

Posted Image

Now here is my controller collection:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by SicCooper, Dec 3 2011, 08:29 PM.

Posted Image

SicCooper
Member Avatar
Veteran
Cabanon
Dec 4 2011, 01:40 PM
very nice Sic ! did you buy the extreme green over ebay or on a local deal ? i dont see that many boxed one on ebay.
It was on Ebay, I got the seller to end it early for me :) It was already at $15 on bids, and my highest was $30, I asked if she would end it for $30 plus shipping (which was like $4.50) and she said $35, so I jumped on it

Posted Image

SicCooper
Member Avatar
Veteran
ddr2nite
Dec 5 2011, 12:27 PM
SicCooper
Dec 1 2011, 07:36 AM
I will definitely upload some photos. I also got my first Australian boxed controller! Ill take pics very soon.
SicCooper... did your Australian boxed controller come with any inserts inside? Cardboard insert, or any paperwork? Bags for the controllers?

Just curious <_>
it came with the controller, box, and cardboard insert. No baggie or paperwork :/

Posted Image

SicCooper
Member Avatar
Veteran
Brodieman
Mar 27 2012, 06:34 PM
So this may be a noob question, but lets face it, I'm new to this. Do the boxed N64 controllers have any papers with them? I cant seem to find one with papers or even the papers alone if they are out there. If they do does anyone have pics or a place to get em?
They do have papers, also clear plastic bags with red writing on them. Originally came with twist ties on the cord, and a separate cord for the bag

Posted Image

SicCooper
Member Avatar
Veteran
I just picked this up. Never heard of it or seen it before, figured it was cheap enough.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281023323900?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Posted Image

SicCooper
Member Avatar
Veteran
I also just won this, and I am VERY excited to get it :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290821477510&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:US:3160#ht_500wt_1363

Posted Image

SicCooper
Member Avatar
Veteran
Cabanon
Nov 30 2012, 08:42 PM
very nice man. was it a BIN ?
nope, the BIN was 70, starting bid was 55 :) I was thinking about doing the BIN, but I decided to wait and just bid. I put in my bid of $64 total, making the most I would pay $70, 5 hours before it ended, and nobody else bid. It looks like its in GREAT condition too!

Posted Image

SicCooper
Member Avatar
Veteran
ddr2nite
Nov 30 2012, 09:05 PM
SicCooper
Nov 30 2012, 07:46 PM
Good one Cooper! Always great to add something else to your collection ^_^
thanks :) I have to start going after JAP ones now, I am so close to finishing AUS and USA. I just need the AUS Fire, and the USA Atomic Purple NFR

Posted Image

SicCooper
Member Avatar
Veteran
ddr2nite
Dec 1 2012, 01:55 AM
Yeah, I actually bought mine off of the infamous benbegins on EBay. I think I made him an offer of something like $70 for it and he accepted. There's several versions of this Atomic Purple box...

- Atomic Purple (USA)
- Atomic Purple NFR (USA)
- Atomic Purple (Europe)
- Atomic Purple (UK)
- Atomic Purple (Australia)

These all have different part numbers that you can only see once you open one of the side flaps. The full part numbers (with the regions) are on the left/right flaps of the cardboard. I currently have all of them except for the European one.
I don't think Im going after all of those atomic purple ones, just the 2 USA, and of course the JAP one. I also still need the e3 and millennium controllers too, but those can wait until I have more disposable funds, lol

Posted Image

SicCooper
Member Avatar
Veteran
You could measure the N64 controller, and see if this place has a size that would work in the clear boxes category.

http://www.clearbags.com/

Posted Image

SicCooper
Member Avatar
Veteran
CoachLuke22
Mar 23 2013, 01:06 PM
Finally got the red boxed controller

Posted Image
Nice! Are you going for the Not For Resale Atomic Purple as well?

Posted Image

SicCooper
Member Avatar
Veteran
Controller:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/N64-CONTROLLER-OFFICIAL-EA-SPORTS-BLUE-LIMITED-EDITION-WITH-CONTROLLER-PACK-/160986263819?pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item257b87710b

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-64-Smoke-Grey-Console-3-N64-Controllers-w-Cables-Official-Jumper-pak-/330893509697?pt=Video_Games&hash=item4d0aca4441

Memory Card:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/N64-Blue-EA-Sports-Memory-Card-8706-Nintendo-64-Save-Pack-Controller-Pak-/390507066653?pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item5aec08f51d

Posted Image

SicCooper
Member Avatar
Veteran
MegaRock64
Apr 5 2013, 07:52 PM
http://imgc.classistatic.com/cps/poc/130402/496r1/20384e4_20.jpeg Look at this picture i found looking at local New York Classified Ads. Anybody ever heard of that "SuperPad 64" Controller? I never seen it in my life!
That particular 3rd party controller is one of the most common out there

Posted Image

SicCooper
Member Avatar
Veteran
K3VBOT
May 30 2013, 07:08 PM
CoachLuke22
May 30 2013, 12:46 PM
K3VBOT
May 30 2013, 12:33 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
whats the going rate of JP SNES carts these days?
I don't pay more than 3$ shipped, so not a whole lot lol
I have a JP box only if you need another lol

Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply