Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Controller discussion; N64 controller discussion - collecting/issues/help
Topic Started: Jul 23 2006, 12:29 AM (39,401 Views)
RodneyP
Member Avatar
I remember receiving a complimentary Makopad (and strategy guide) with a pre-ordered copy of Perfect Dark from Electronics Boutique in Bristol. I picked up a friends copy at the same time and he let me keep his pad. They both got heavy use over the years but you wouldn't know it. Sold 'em on eBay to overseas buyers a few months ago.

Anyone else get any exciting pre-order freebies over the years?
Does the JAP black/gray pad have the standard gray on the bottom half? I know it looks close but always hard to tell from pictures alone. I've been dithering on whether to pick one up in the set with Mario Kart. Does anyone else think it seems a bit uninspired as far as colour schemes go?
Edited by RodneyP, Oct 7 2012, 11:47 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

RodneyP
Member Avatar
Thanks for confirming, extreme green will be mine one day. Oh yes!
155 games & counting!
UK PAL console with Goldeneye
US NTSC Toys'r'us Gold exclusive with two pads
JAP NTSC basic version

RodneyP
Member Avatar
Pretty big bombshell to drop!

Nice!

I haven't really got the cash to spend on such things. A DK controller is as rare as I could expect to own!
155 games & counting!
JAP NTSC basic version

RodneyP
Member Avatar
I've trawled for the answer on this as I am certain it will have been addressed already but are the banana patterns on the DK controller unique? Mostly the pattern seems the same but sometimes appears darker in pictures on the net (admittedly not always the best point of reference!). Would've thought the same transfer design was used for all, can anyone confirm?

Thanks

Rod
155 games & counting!
JAP NTSC basic version

RodneyP
Member Avatar
Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure but that answer seems the most likely.

The designers of such things are out there somewhere and they probably have boxes of unused rolls of Nintendo Power stickers and such like!

RodneyP
Member Avatar
If I worked for Nintendo Europe everyone would know!

I wonder if the Japanese work culture makes ex-employees less likely to tell all.

« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply