Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Controller discussion; N64 controller discussion - collecting/issues/help
Topic Started: Jul 23 2006, 12:29 AM (43,274 Views)
R3dfi3lD
Member Avatar
Established Member
Does anyone here have the interact Sharkpad Pro? If so, I would like to know if it's thumbstick is the same or better than the nintendo original controller.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

R3dfi3lD
Member Avatar
Established Member
macN64
Nov 28 2012, 02:27 PM
R3dfi3lD
Nov 15 2012, 07:43 PM
Does anyone here have the interact Sharkpad Pro? If so, I would like to know if it's thumbstick is the same or better than the nintendo original controller.
This?
Posted Image

Yeah, I've got... well, more than a few. >_<

The control stick in the sharkpad is a different beast altogether, it doesn't really feel like an official one at all. In my opinion, it isn't as good as an official stick in good condition, but better than a worn stick, or those gcn style replacements. With all that said, I quite like them.

You can see the control stick range of two of my sharkpad pro controllers here.

A word of warning - as hinted at in the link above. the behaviour of the control stick doesn't appear consistent across all sharkpad pro controllers, at least in my experience. When buying one, you don't know what you'll end up getting.
Yeah. That's the one. Thx for the explanation. ^^

I saw your test results, and there were some lubricated controllers.
What did you use to lubricate them?

I've just restored two controller sticks like this guy did in this video.
Now they are pretty close to a new one, but I guess they could last longer if lubricated.

*the peanuts are essential for the process to work. LoL

Edited by R3dfi3lD, Nov 29 2012, 10:39 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply