Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Controller discussion; N64 controller discussion - collecting/issues/help
Topic Started: Jul 23 2006, 12:29 AM (39,430 Views)
Sixty Formula
Member Avatar
Established Member
Hey guys, found the fire orange blister controller for a reasonable price and added it to my collection! You can check it out here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZC1XtdkvVM

Or just take a peek of my collection so far!

Posted Image

Thanks for looking!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sixty Formula
Member Avatar
Established Member
Finally got my hands on a sealed watermelon funtastic controller. It's in pretty decent shape too! Been a great day! :n64:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sixty Formula
Member Avatar
Established Member
kartmaster
Feb 26 2015, 09:47 PM
What a feat! Congrats! Now get those babies hermetically sealed for future generations to drool over. =)
Haha, I plan on getting them cases as soon as I can afford them. Thank you for the kind words! I am tickled. Hopefully one day I can get that grape!

Sixty Formula
Member Avatar
Established Member
Cabanon
Feb 27 2015, 06:21 AM
are you the one who bought it for 1400$ ????
Yes!

Sixty Formula
Member Avatar
Established Member
CoachLuke22
Feb 27 2015, 12:43 PM
congrats!!! Shouldn't be too hard to find a grape.
Thank you kindly. I'm hoping I can find one, since grape has not popped up on ebay in a while. I'll keep my fingers crossed though!

Sixty Formula
Member Avatar
Established Member
So far I have been presented with 2 grape blister controllers from 2 different sellers since posting this. I'm going to pick one (most likely the nicest one), and finish my collection! Thanks everyone for being such a huge help and lending support. This is a great forum, truly a hidden gem. I will post a picture of all of them as soon as possible!

EDIT: Here is the final controller I needed, grape, which was supplied to me by awesome user avidgamerz. Thanks a lot for helping me finish my collection!

Posted Image
Edited by Sixty Formula, Mar 3 2015, 03:59 PM.

Sixty Formula
Member Avatar
Established Member
Awesome display, Vinyl. I love how you show off your game carts in the systems. That's really cool!
Edited by Sixty Formula, Mar 2 2015, 06:31 PM.

Sixty Formula
Member Avatar
Established Member
Hey guys, here is my complete collection. :) Hope you enjoy the photos! Thanks to everyone who helped me find them. It sure was a long journey!

Posted Image

Click to see all of the photos.

http://imgur.com/topic/Awesome/i1QKG
Edited by Sixty Formula, Mar 5 2015, 05:27 PM.

Sixty Formula
Member Avatar
Established Member
I created a cool little 2015 rarity guide for north american n64 controllers using the controllers in my personal collection. :) take a peek if you're bored. Thanks!

Sixty Formula's Rarity Guide
Edited by Sixty Formula, Apr 2 2015, 12:07 AM.

Sixty Formula
Member Avatar
Established Member
CoachLuke22
Apr 5 2015, 07:30 PM
Sixty Formula
Apr 2 2015, 12:07 AM
I created a cool little 2015 rarity guide for north american n64 controllers using the controllers in my personal collection. :) take a peek if you're bored. Thanks!

Sixty Formula's Rarity Guide
Great video! Just out of curiosity, where would you put the Millennium 2000 controller in the lineup?
I should have waited until I finished my NA controller collection because i'm about to have both controllers that i'm missing, I'll edit the video when I get them. But yes, I would have put the millennium controller toward the end, probably between fire and grape. :)
Vinyl
Apr 7 2015, 02:39 PM
someone ever saw a Scandinavian controller box?

PS: I also saw a black one, a few weeks ago. this means there are more colors which are Scandinavian exclusive!
Very cool, I know that there are packaging variations for the blister controllers. The blister controllers released in Canada included french subtitles underneath all of the english titles.
Edited by Sixty Formula, Apr 8 2015, 11:52 PM.

Sixty Formula
Member Avatar
Established Member
Hey guys. Just finished my nintendo power controller collection. Grab a glass of whiskey and enjoy this little show-off video of my newest controller. :) Cheers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4glfWqxieM
Edited by Sixty Formula, May 11 2015, 05:34 PM.

Sixty Formula
Member Avatar
Established Member
kartmaster
May 11 2015, 09:55 PM
Congrats, Sixty Formula! That's excellent!

Not up for whiskey tonight, but cheers just the same!

Posted Image
haha! cheers kartmaster! works just as well! :yeah:

Sixty Formula
Member Avatar
Established Member
DarkLink
May 19 2015, 08:39 AM
I've realized something strange today. Somehow the sealed Funtastic Blister Pack Controllers are not the same.

You see the backside of these 4 Controllers, they all have their cable wrapped in a own little baggy.
They are also all twisted slightly different but I suppose this was done by hand so it should be normal.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Notice the numbers on the bottom of the Blister Packs

Posted Image

And now check this out

Posted Image

Why does this one have no cable baggy and no number? At first I was a little scared but then I checked a few online and their seem to be quite a few without the baggie and number. Can somebody explain this?

Maybe you guys could post the backsides of your blister pack controllers in this topic so we can check how many of which there are and solve this mystery. That would be very appreciated. Thanks guys.
So I have the entire blister controller set, and thought your post was interesting. I took a peek at each of my blister controllers, and found out that I only have ONE that does NOT have the baggie, and as you speculated, it also does not have a serial number in the plastic.

I went back to your post to see which colors you had that were missing the baggie and serial number, and it appears as though your fire orange is the serial-less packaging. This was where I ran into a bump... because my jungle controller is the one with no serial. This means the packaging difference wasn't color specific. My fire orange has a baggie and serial number.

To Cabanon: The USA/CAN region differences are more noticeable. The CAN blister controllers come with full french subtitles under each of the english titles on the packaging. It would be easy for us to tell if they were from CAN or USA, so I don't think that this has to do with region, although I do applaud your keen speculation - I was wondering myself.

I think it's most likely possible that these controllers with NO baggie and NO serial are controllers that were made AFTER the original funtastic blister releases. It's very likely IN MY OPINION that these controllers with no baggies and no serial numbers were made by nintendo in response to an increase in demand at the VERY VERY end of the N64's life. I believe that the controllers were extras, from console bundles, and possibly refurbished controllers placed into non-traditional blister packaging without traditional packaging routines.

The reason I say this, is because a while back, I found out that the RF switch/RF modulator in the N64 blister packaging actually has the same product code as the NES RF switch/RF modulator. Me and someone else who was speculating on nintendoage found out that nintendo packaged extra older RF switches into n64 blister packaging. These 'new' RF switches were actually unused, so they could be sold.... but they were actually just older RF switches that saw a surplus during the NES and SNES days.

This is just my opinion, but it may be very real that these were in fact the last nintendo 64 controllers released in NA. :) Great eye!
One other thing i've noticed after you've brought this up. The serial for each blister controller is - 0042266. I went back and looked at each of your controllers and noticed you had 2 blister packages that contained the letter 'B' after the serial number. I only have one controller, grape, that has a 'B' after the serial number.

Maybe this 'B' was symbolic for the second run of funtastic controllers? Who knows.
Edited by Sixty Formula, Jun 11 2015, 11:45 AM.

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply