Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Hori Mini Pad Variations; The 11 Known Hori Mini Pad Colors
Topic Started: Apr 28 2011, 01:03 PM (17,270 Views)
No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
ddr2nite
Aug 16 2017, 12:41 PM
I kinda wish this hadn't gotten shared by Vinyl so early but the information would eventually leak out anyways... plus to his credit, he didn't reveal the full source.

(at least the ending result was favorable to me... though a high cost, but still favorable... and now we wait)
^ pay no attention to that cryptic message
-_-
There was as reason for it, although i'm not sure what that was or is anymore.
You outbid me in the final minutes. Congratulations.

Couldn't we have saved ourselves some trouble??

Edited by No64DD, Aug 17 2017, 01:08 PM.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Vinyl
Member Avatar
Veteran
Cabanon
Aug 17 2017, 05:34 AM
how is this "lost" anyway ? you never saw one boxed before or is it just a variant ?
Lost as in.. never has a boxed been found imo xD

and @ DDR yeah I rather had the source to myself, we both know where it was. and I have set up a bid. and you bid over.
sorry about the amount. .. I actually had a feeling it was you (who else is crazy enough right :P )

Hopefully we could be a contact to prevent stuffs like this =)
https://www.consolevariations.com/
The Ultimate Console Database

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Cabanon
Elite
thanks.

also guys, dont get bit at eachother for this and keep the discussion civilized please ! :)

ddr2nite
Member Avatar
Controller Collecting Extraordinaire
Vinyl
Aug 17 2017, 06:40 AM
Cabanon
Aug 17 2017, 05:34 AM
how is this "lost" anyway ? you never saw one boxed before or is it just a variant ?
Lost as in.. never has a boxed been found imo xD
Correct, I (and many others) have probably been scouring the various sources across the Internet for a screenshot of this box, and the closest we've ever come to an official box was this one:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4wCDVm2o-kwU0wwZjg4MFhjYnM

And from that image, it was incredibly hard to tell if it was an official box or not due to the angle of the picture and also the gold box having a black outer border (instead of being consistent with the other color pads, which had their respective colors on the cardboard box) which really threw things off and raised suspicions.

@No64DD - sorry my friend, and I agree that ideally it would be best for people to have some type of system to avoid outbidding a fellow collector but previous attempts at these types of negotiations have gotten extremely messy, just speaking from experience

@Vinyl - yeah, I've been searching for this for what feels like a decade now and had this bad feeling in my stomach that it was going to be the Hello Mac situation all over again (and I lost that one) but luckily this didn't end astronomical high

If anything, we can hope that this type of attention and price will draw out other sellers who may have boxed versions. Just like with the Hello Mac, for years it was thought that Finngamer's boxed one was 1 of maybe 2 known in existence. Then the famous Yahoo auction came about (which I lost) and since that day... we've seen maybe half a dozen or more CIB Hello Mac show up in different places. Still very high and extortion prices, but at least they are now available instead of being chased like a unicorn.
Edited by ddr2nite, Aug 17 2017, 12:42 PM.
Posted ImageClick here to check out my N64 collection.
N64 Controllers: 30/30 Completed | ASCII Controllers: 15/15 Completed
N.A. Boxes: 8/8 Completed | Japan Boxes: 21/21 Completed
Full NTSC-J CIB Set: 198/198 Completed

"trust me, we all started with just one or two games
and then things kinda got out of hand
" - MK II

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
@DDR,
no need to apologize, but i appreciate it. It's not your fault. You've experienced technical situations like this, so i don't need to bother explaining the wide range of feelings i'm having.
Thank you.

You're right. Right now is a great time to pick up nice Hello Mac and Geoffrey controllers! It didn't start that way, but this is how these things work.

I'm glad it went to someone on our forum. At least now we can hopefully get some nice shots and barcode information for this forum's book project that i am now a part of.

Edited by No64DD, Aug 17 2017, 11:50 PM.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: