Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wetrix; May Game of the Month
Topic Started: May 2 2011, 04:10 PM (1,275 Views)
Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Thank you Stinger!

I really urge everyone to give this game a fair chance, it is an awesome puzzler that easily beats the N64 Tetris games in all aspects.
You have to learn fast in order to survive more than a few seconds. I strongly suggest your try to play some of the lessons in Practice Mode to learn the basics.

Tip: use the D-pad for directional control, not the analog stick. it's a little harder to get used to but offers greater accuracy and you will need that when the going gets tough.
Edited by Mk II, May 2 2011, 04:49 PM.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
According to the guys who made it Wetrix only sold about 15.000 copies* in the USA so it's actually quite rare.

* = whether they were told the true figure remains to be seen of course... its not uncommon to try to stiff the programmers by underreporting sales.
Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Quote:

What a good game! Fantastic pick-up, its very addictive.

glad you like it so much. I share your enthusiasm, it really is a hidden gem in the N64 catalog. It took me years to find a copy but it is by far my most played N64 game, it's almost permannetly lodged in my living room console, always ready for a quick round.

Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
You can adjust the view & angle with the yellow C buttons.
if you have created a score file on the controller pak, it will also "remember" these settings.

Re. controls: use the D-pad and keep practicing, it will get better, honestly! :)

Another tip: if you are about to flood the drain or an eartquake is imminent you can use a Smart Bomb (Z button).
This will clear the play area.
Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Quote:

I've found ducks are the key

ducks and rainbows!

You score points by evaporating water with fireballs. The more water, the higher the score.
Each duck adds a score multiplier (ie. X 2, X 3, X 4 etc )
A rainbow adds an extra multiplier: score = points * (ducks + 1) * ( rainbows * 10 ).

You also score Dry Ice Bonus points if an icecube hits solid ground (or walls) so it doesnt freeze any water.
Another way to score points is by repairing bomb holes in the landscape.
The ducks and rainbows multiplier also applies to Dry Ice Bonus and Repair Bonus points.

You get a rubber duckie if a lake is at least two levels high.
Rainbows are awarded if the total amount of water reaches a certain level.

Edited by Mk II, May 6 2011, 12:43 PM.
Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Had a few minutes to kill so i played a quick round of Wetrix and managed to nearly double my high score to 1,5 million in Classic Mode.
I challenge you to beat that score before the month is over !
Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
300.000 aint too bad actually... it took me a LONG time to get past 200.000 points
Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Quote:

I think I've played this game every day since I got it

you cant get a much better endorsement than that! im glad i've made at least one convert here :)
Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Quote:

This game is great and its really addictive.

excellent, another convert :yeah:

Quote:

What are everyone else's high scores?

1.5 million :applause:
Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Quote:

Do you guys have vids of you whooping that much ass?

nope.

first get used to the controls. i prefer the D-Pad b/c it offers more precision but this does take some getting used to.
read this thread for some tips on how to score and just.keep.trying. perseverance is crucial in Wetrix!
also: play the tutorial / training levels in the game, they are really useful.
Dont panic and learn use the Smart Bomb (Z button) when you are about to 'die'
Edited by Mk II, May 18 2011, 02:17 PM.
Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Quote:

do you have to be on a certain level(I'm only up to level 4)before you get to use the smart bombs

not sure, i dont have a manual
Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Quote:

respect! :yeah:
Posted Image

« Previous Topic · GoTM Archive (Gen I) · Next Topic »
Add Reply