Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
What kind of vehicle do you drive?
Topic Started: May 14 2011, 08:13 AM (2,296 Views)
Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
With the current high price of gasoline I got curious as to what kind of vehicle people on this forum drive.

Here's a picture of my 2007 Honda Civic Coupe which is my daily driver.
Posted Image

I purchased this car because it not only looks nice but it is also very good on gas as it gets nearly 35 mpg on the highways.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
I ride a beautiful Vespa LX50 4V4T all year long except when the roads are iced over. It has a four valve / four-stroke engine that gets about 44 Km per liter and it is relatively cheap to maintain. It is the perfect mode of transport in a (sub)urban environment. And no Wolowitz jokes please!

Posted Image
Edited by Mk II, Jun 12 2011, 03:09 AM.
Posted Image

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
I have a Silver 2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS.
My wife has a Red 2001 Chrysler Sebring.

In the past I had:
Black 95 Chevy Trailblazer
Blue Chevy S10 (95 maybe?)
and my first car was a White 91 Buick Reatta (which I loved) :yeah:

Alice Lawless
Member Avatar
N64 collection completed 7/29/12
I drive a green, 2002 Chevy pickup truck. It's awesome.
Facebook:
STIK ROSS
Posted Image
Posted Image
297/296 NTSC N64 [100%] (Zelda GOLD)
7/7 PAL N64 [100%]

Cabanon
Elite
Red 2010 Grand Caravan SXT 4.0L 6 speed automatic with towing package and 430N media center (hdd, dvd + rear 7" screen). gotta have that with kids !!

used to always drive toyota, but the sienna was just overpriced.

ddr2nite
Member Avatar
Controller Collecting Extraordinaire
This is my 2008 Infiniti G35 Sedan (w/ Nav Package). 306 HP, 5 speed (auto), 4-door.

Posted Image
Posted ImageClick here to check out my N64 collection.
N64 Controllers: 30/30 Completed | ASCII Controllers: 15/15 Completed
N.A. Boxes: 8/8 Completed | Japan Boxes: 21/21 Completed
Full NTSC-J CIB Set: 198/198 Completed

"trust me, we all started with just one or two games
and then things kinda got out of hand
" - MK II

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
ddr2nite
May 14 2011, 05:29 PM
This is my 2008 Infiniti G35 Sedan (w/ Nav Package). 306 HP, 5 speed (auto), 4-door.
I'm so jealous! ^_^ I almost purchased a Scion tC because its styling, at least to my eyes, was reminiscent of the G35 coupe. You must pull in some serious cheese to afford a car like that, ddr2nite. May I ask what you do for a living?
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

ddr2nite
Member Avatar
Grizzmeister
May 14 2011, 06:04 PM
You must pull in some serious cheese to afford a car like that, ddr2nite. May I ask what you do for a living?
I love cheese :w00t:

I'm a sales/systems engineer for the company Cisco. I basically sell hardware that costs hundreds of thousands of dollars to companies - however I recently just got a promotion and will be in a different position (still with the same company) and I'll be a marketing engineer. The car is paid off and I have ZERO credit card debt, or school loans - 4 years out of college. This is a lesson for you kids: go to college and get a degree - but more importantly, get a degree in something that makes a lot of money and you like to do + are good at.

" - MK II

Matt
Member Avatar
Kick, Punch, It's all in the mind
I currently drive nothing, Because I'm 16, To drive you have to be 17 here.

Can't Wait though :)
Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
ddr2nite
May 14 2011, 08:30 PM
I'm a sales/systems engineer for the company Cisco. I basically sell hardware that costs hundreds of thousands of dollars to companies - however I recently just got a promotion and will be in a different position (still with the same company) and I'll be a marketing engineer.
I live just outside of Raleigh, NC and Cisco has a very big presence here. In fact, my best friends cousin works there as a Network Architect and I believe he makes pretty big bucks too.

I'm in telecom so I've had exposure to Cisco OC48 equipment in the past although I believe they acquired that from Cerent.

I hear that many are calling for Cisco's CEO to step down as the stock hasn't been performing well lately. That really surprises me given how exciting the Telepresence demo was between California and India.

Posted Image

clarky_n64
Member Avatar
Modding Monster
I always wondered what you did for a living Glen and now I know. Useful to know we have a Cisco techy in the house. :D

Glens right, clear you debts before splashing out. Myself and my GF are completely debt free, except for a mortgage which is kinda standard, especially for our age. But what we earn after the mortgage repayment is made and a couple of other bills (water etc...) is what we have left to spend or save. Nothing worse than trying to pay off a credit card that the balance keeps going up each month despite making monthly repayments.

I currently drive a 2001 320ci BMW, 2.2l roughly gets about 32mpg which is quite bad in the UK but who cares. I only drive it 2 weeks in a month due to car sharing:

Posted Image

Once the house has all been decorated I may look into purchasing a 2011 320ci.

Clarky & Smithy Creations YouTube Channel

ddr2nite
Member Avatar
Grizzmeister
May 16 2011, 07:27 AM
I live just outside of Raleigh, NC and Cisco has a very big presence here. In fact, my best friends cousin works there as a Network Architect and I believe he makes pretty big bucks too.
I actually lived in Raleigh and worked at the Cisco campus there in RTP for 1 year (2007-2008) ^_^

(trying to stay on topic) I bought my car in North Carolina and drove it here to Missouri... soon it will make its way to California where I am moving to in 1 month.

Sweet BMW Alex :yeah: almost bought one myself when I was car shopping - I also looked at a Lexus as well but settled on my Infiniti (best bang for the buck).

" - MK II

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
My other car is a 2005 Toyota Corolla.
Posted Image

Here in Raleigh we don't have public transportation worth mentioning so owning an automobile is imperative. Nonetheless I've made it a point to get a couple that are very miserly on gas consumption and best of all they're both paid for. :D

Posted Image

zar
Member Avatar
2001 Honda Accord
Its not bad. It looks ok, at least from the front. I'll post a pic later. Its not fast though, cause its only the 4 cylinder I wish it was a V6 except for when I'm paying for gas, it gets about 25mpg... The best thing is its manual transmission and its been really reliable except the ABS doesn't work.
My brother has a 1992 Civic that gets 45+mpg. He also has a 2005 Suburu WRX STi which is awesome.
I want to have a Toyota MR2 like this someday Posted Image
Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
zar
May 17 2011, 08:37 PM
I want to have a Toyota MR2 like this someday Posted Image
Those always looked like a mini Ferrari to me. :lol:

You should save your money and buy a Scion FR-S when it finally gets released in 2012.

Posted Image

Kerr Avon
Member Avatar
I can't drive (I tried and didn't like it, I know one day I'd accidentally run over someone, so I gave up learning) and so I have to commute to work, so I suppose I should post a picture of a train, or a bus :-8

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Kerr Avon
May 19 2011, 08:59 AM
I can't drive (I tried and didn't like it, I know one day I'd accidentally run over someone, so I gave up learning) and so I have to commute to work, so I suppose I should post a picture of a train, or a bus :-8
Let me get this straight, you have the coordination to play video games but you can't handle a car? :lol:

Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Quote:

you have the coordination to play video games but you can't handle a car?

ditto for me. i took over 40 driving lessons but never got the hang of it. some people just cant drive (safely)
Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Mk II
May 20 2011, 11:34 AM
Quote:

you have the coordination to play video games but you can't handle a car?

ditto for me. i took over 40 driving lessons but never got the hang of it. some people just cant drive (safely)
Here in the US our roads or so wide that driving really requires very little skill. Sure some big cities offer more challenge but aside from that even a child can generally drive here safely.

On a psychological level, driving is also very much associated with freedom here in America so most young people are very eager to get their license at age 16 and hit the open road.

Posted Image

Alice Lawless
Member Avatar
N64 collection completed 7/29/12
Grizzmeister
May 31 2011, 10:54 AM
Mk II
May 20 2011, 11:34 AM

Quoting limited to 2 levels deep
Here in the US our roads or so wide that driving really requires very little skill. Sure some big cities offer more challenge but aside from that even a child can generally drive here safely.

On a psychological level, driving is also very much associated with freedom here in America so most young people are very eager to get their license at age 16 and hit the open road.
That's true. I live in South Carolina, and here, people are driving at the age of 15. Sometimes younger (illegally). I didn't want to get my license right away because I had nowhere to go, no reason to drive. It wasn't until I was able to get a parking pass in school that I had a reason. So naturally, I took the drivers test. I was 17 and passed it on the last day of my Junior year in high school. It took me five times because the first four sucked. I had this one blonde chick named Devil b***h fail me four times for stupid reasons. My truck has automatic head lights, so why would I know how to manually turn them on? I didn't even leave the parking lot and I failed for that. The second time, I was about to leave the lot and someone was entering and looking to the side. Almost hit me (I was stopped). I honked the horn and the person looked ahead and slammed on the breaks just in time. I failed for "being a rude driver." At least it saved me from getting hit. Then the third time, I was told to get in the median and signal out of there to get into the lane. I signaled, looked into my right side mirror and made the change after good judgment. Devil b***h failed me for "not turning around to look over my shoulder." Isn't it dangerous to take your eyes off the road? Especially to play musical chairs while driving? The fourth and final time I had her, she failed me when I had to make a left turn. The light turned green, I got in the middle, waited for the car to pass, then made my turn. Devil b***h said that you're not supposed to go past the white line when making a turn (that's the ONLY way to make a left turn). Then when I went for the fifth time, I requested to get a different driving instructor. ANY driving instructor. They sent out this one chick, and I swear, she said that I had a perfect score on both the knowledge test and the actual driving test, and she asked me why I failed so many times. When she told me I passed, I did the only thing I knew how to do.... I got out and hugged her. I was like, "promise me you'll never let anyone else get the blonde woman."
Facebook:
STIK ROSS
Posted Image
Posted Image
297/296 NTSC N64 [100%] (Zelda GOLD)
7/7 PAL N64 [100%]

Shangyou
Member Avatar
Dreamwalker
Alice Lawless
May 31 2011, 11:23 AM
Then when I went for the fifth time, I requested to get a different driving instructor. ANY driving instructor. They sent out this one chick, and I swear, she said that I had a perfect score on both the knowledge test and the actual driving test, and she asked me why I failed so many times. When she told me I passed, I did the only thing I knew how to do.... I got out and hugged her. I was like, "promise me you'll never let anyone else get the blonde woman."
Haha I hope don't end up getting a driving instructor like the blonde woman when I take my driving test a couple of months from now. :P
Posted Image

zar
Member Avatar
At the DMV there's one instructor who will pass anyone, and there's another who likes to be harsh and fail people. Of course I got the harsh one and barely passed. 23/25 points off. Really, I thought I did great and don't understand why I got the points off, but whatever I got my license.
Posted Image

Thegt550
Member Avatar
N64/ Classic Car parts Hunter
Posted Image

5.0 Mustang
STAFF WARNING ABOUT THIS MEMBER: http://s9.zetaboards.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/topic/7400206/1/
I Arthur J. Garcia
Declare that i will Help People with their problems regarding the Golden N controller
this does not apply to people who resold theirs and dint bought it from TheGt550
I will sale whats left of my collection to help.(jusco,np100,japan blue/white)

Sevillian273
Nice! Whats with the blocks? Did she get away from you? :unsure:

I drive this:

Posted Image

Just kidding.

My DD and weekend warrior:

Posted Image

Posted Image
Edited by Sevillian273, Jun 3 2011, 11:59 AM.
Get N or Get Out.

Thegt550
Member Avatar
N64/ Classic Car parts Hunter
NA Just the e brake is not working (is standard transmission ) and the garage entrance is elevated.
Nice Cars what is the second one a dodge
STAFF WARNING ABOUT THIS MEMBER: http://s9.zetaboards.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/topic/7400206/1/
I Arthur J. Garcia
Declare that i will Help People with their problems regarding the Golden N controller
this does not apply to people who resold theirs and dint bought it from TheGt550
I will sale whats left of my collection to help.(jusco,np100,japan blue/white)

Sevillian273
A 69 thunderbird w/429. I use blocks too, lol. Its a heavy car and I dont yet trust the parking mechanism!
Get N or Get Out.

Cabanon
Elite
is it a 67 or 68 Mustang ?

lithium017
Member Avatar
Is Now Posting With Power
I perhaps have one of the better situations - I drive whatever my parents allow me to :P

That being said it is usually a 2001 Ford Windstar, a 2006 Ford Fusion or a 2005 Ford Escape. Ford Family :unsure:
Click For Nintendo Collecting Youtube Page

N64 Consoles: 16 / 16 N64 Controllers 29 / 30 N64 Accessories: 8 / 10
NES: 32 --- SNES: 133 --- N64: 64 --- Gamecube: 78--- Wii: 75 --- WiiU: 14

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
I'm a big fan of Ford since my first car was a 1972 Gran Torino. I also believe they've got some of the better newer cars when compared to GM and Chrysler.

Hey Lithium, does your family have a lot of money? I ask because you seem to buy quite a bit of N64 stuff which is surprising given that you're still in college.

Nice car, Thegt550! 5.0 I guess that makes in a 302 CID? 4 barrel carb, dual exhaust and 4 speed tranny?

Posted Image

Sevillian273
Grizzmeister
Jun 3 2011, 02:26 PM
I'm a big fan of Ford since my first car was a 1972 Gran Torino.
No sh*t?! So was mine!

Posted Image

302, 3spd, 2bbl :-/ 4 doors :nope:

First On Race Day
Get N or Get Out.

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Social Board · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: