Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
N64 Game Soundtracks
Topic Started: Jun 12 2011, 11:34 AM (2,006 Views)
Ninty64
Member Avatar
Just wondering if anyone else enjoys the music from the N64 games as much as I do?? I have collected several soundtracks over the years and have some quite rare ones too. :yeah:

What music is your favourite? Diddy? Banjo? Joanna? Donkey Kong???

Dont laugh either but i've put together a little montage on youtube from a remix from the Dark Mission soundtrack which was Nintendo Europes attempt at a Perfect Dark soundtrack - have a look if you want but be kind, it was my first attempt at a video and the first I've ever put on youtube! :dance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1JyJEZjkRo
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Meptrep
Member Avatar
Dreams of Dreamcast
All the games that Rare made had great music. Most of the games developed by Nintendo also have great music, like OoT, Majora's Mask, Mario 64, Pokemon Stadium, ect. Sadly I don't have any of the CDs except for OoT and MM, all the other soundtracks I download.
Edited by Meptrep, Jun 12 2011, 01:02 PM.
Posted Image

Sevillian273
I have most of the PD tracks, however DKC2 for SNES is my all time favorite. Also Super Nova (Darius Force) for SNES had some great music too.
Get N or Get Out.

Meptrep
Member Avatar
Dreams of Dreamcast
My computer double posted this..
Edited by Meptrep, Jun 12 2011, 01:02 PM.
Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
For the N64 I only own the music CD for Star Fox 64 that I beleive I got for free when I purchased the game.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

Ninty64
Member Avatar
Thats one I don't have but there is one on ebay at the moment. A bit steep price wise but..........we'll see. lol
Edited by Ninty64, Jun 12 2011, 03:16 PM.

regnad
Member Avatar
Button Masher
I love the DK64 soundtrack, particularly the Fungi Forest and Banana Fairy Island songs.

Ninty64
Member Avatar
Yeh DK64 has a brilliant soundtrack - I like Jungle Japes.
I have to say though, Conkers BFD is also an amazing soundtrack.
I mean where have you ever heard in any other game a song like The Great Mighty Poo??? :D

Posted Image
Edited by Ninty64, Jun 12 2011, 04:24 PM.

regnad
Member Avatar
Button Masher
"Windy" from Conker is awesome: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWh7crjCWlM

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Ninty64
Jun 12 2011, 03:16 PM
Thats one I don't have but there is one on ebay at the moment. A bit steep price wise but..........we'll see. lol
Here's a picture along with my Killer Cuts CD I got when I purchased Killer Instinct for the SNES.

Posted Image
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

Heinrold
Member Avatar
i really like the paper mario music. each theme has its own charm and it is always fitting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp3z34Q6ee8
:n64: = :)
Always many PAL games for sale:
http://s9.zetaboards.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/topic/7338905/1

Ninty64
Member Avatar
After starting this post I've been trawling through my soundtracks and I've had the 1080 snowboarding one playing in the car today. I had forgotten just how good that soundtrack is. Brilliant! :D
Posted Image
Edited by Ninty64, Jun 13 2011, 03:27 PM.

Alice Lawless
Member Avatar
N64 collection completed 7/29/12
I downloaded (I know) the soundtrack to GoldenEye 007 as well as Pokemon RBY and GSC. I never found actual CDs anywhere off the internet, so I figure until that day, I'm happy with MP3's..... Even then I probably wouldn't buy the CD for anything other than collector's purposes since I already transferred the songs to my Zune.
Facebook:
STIK ROSS
Posted Image
Posted Image
297/296 NTSC N64 [100%] (Zelda GOLD)
7/7 PAL N64 [100%]

Purtle
Member Avatar
I see some of the soundtracks on ebay pretty often, but they always sell for really high prices! Your collection is awesome.
Check out My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/Purtle28PatrickSSB

Ninty64
Member Avatar
Cheers. Its growing all the time. Got more coming from ebay this week too! CD soundtracks do sell for quite a lot now especially the rarer ones. Have you looked at that Banjo Kazooie one on ebay for 1,200 ($1,999). Crazy. I was lucky as got most of mine before the prices went through the roof. I was listening to the Perfect Dark soundtrack today. It never fails to impress me that soundtrack. It really is awesome.
Posted Image
Edited by Ninty64, Jun 16 2011, 03:56 PM.

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Ninty64
Jun 16 2011, 03:53 PM
I was listening to the Perfect Dark soundtrack today. It never fails to impress me that soundtrack. It really is awesome.
Yeah Rare did some fantastic music back in the day. I like my Killer Instinct CD so much that I still listen to it from time to time.

Posted Image

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
I too loved N64 music.

Some favorites of mine:

Perfect Dark - especially alien conflict
Ocarina of Time
Goldeneye
Top Gear Rally
Mario 64
Extreme G

I listen to songs from all of the above on my psp on a regular basis :D

Other catchy notables:
Road Rash
Mario Kart
Pilot Wings

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Quote:

that Banjo Kazooie one on ebay for 1,200 ($1,999)

i guess it would be wise to buy as many of the current soundtrack CD's as you can. I saw some in the Club Nintendo store and just might order them now i know they are so collectable.

BTW: i got a free Zelda OOT 3D soundtrack CD when i registered the game yesterday. excellent!
Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
At the beginning of this year's E3 presentation Nintendo showed how well they understand the importance of music in video games. Of course full-blown orchestral scores have become as ubiquitous in Nintendo games as they are in Star Wars movies, but Nintendo also appreciates the finer nuisances of the music played while doing relatively minor things like opening a treasure chest or clearing a stage. I suspect most of us LOVE Nintendo because of this attention to detail and their incredible commitment to elevating video games to an art form.

Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Quote:

this attention to detail and their incredible commitment to elevating video games to an art form.

this.

i kinda suspect it has something to do with the fact that Nintendo is a Japanese company throughout. They do things differently and perfection is the norm. Ive been reading an interview with Miyamoto this morning and it's amazing how humble he is... the guy almost single-handedly rescued the gaming industry and went on to reinvent it a couple of times but he's reluctant to take any personal credit. For him it's all been a team effort. Methinks that's a fundamental difference in their way of thinking when compared to ego-driven western developers.

And his position is also very unique, he has the power to set release dates (and he uses it!). That may seem like a small matter but its the money men who usually decide when something is ready to be sold. Which often is not the same as finished or bug-free. Miyamoto has no qualms to push back a release if the game isnt up to his standards yet and that is unheard of in the rest of the industry. I think that makes a heck of a difference.

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Maybe it's because most modern dance music sucks but this tune still sounds AWESOME!

Posted Image

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
No one has mentioned Jet Force Gemini yet? :o

F-Zero X
ALL Rare games.
Turok 2 had some fantastic music.

Ninty64
Member Avatar
Love the JFG soundtrack too! :yeah:

Posted Image

zar
Member Avatar
I dunno if you guys have ever heard of this song but its awesome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-4u5L4um0c
Posted Image

Heinrold
Member Avatar
this song is soooo funny X_D great find!
:n64: = :)
Always many PAL games for sale:
http://s9.zetaboards.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/topic/7338905/1

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
That was amazing. :D

« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply