Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
craigslist 3ds sales; There are so many 3ds
Topic Started: Jun 29 2011, 06:08 PM (1,519 Views)
N64 is the best
Member Avatar
Every time I go on craigslist there are an outrageous amount of 3ds'es being sold. It just seems weird to buy one and sell it a t a lower price. :huh:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
N64 is the best
Jun 29 2011, 06:08 PM
Every time I go on craigslist there are an outrageous amount of 3ds'es being sold. It just seems weird to buy one and sell it a t a lower price. :huh:
I've heard rumors that the screen gets scratched and that's why people sell them so soon. Seems there's some issue with the way the thing closes that causes the problem.

I don't have one yet but if I wanted to buy one I'd probably wait for the price drop and redesign.
"He who gains victory over other men is strong; he who gains victory over himself is all powerful" Lao-Tzu

N64 is the best
Member Avatar
Grizzmeister
Jun 29 2011, 06:24 PM
N64 is the best
Jun 29 2011, 06:08 PM
I've heard rumors that the screen gets scratched and that's why people sell them so soon. Seems there's some issue with the way the thing closes that causes the problem.

I don't have one yet but if I wanted to buy one I'd probably wait for the price drop and redesign.
I want one, but I am waiting for the redesign and price drop. I've never heard of the screen problem.

zar
Member Avatar
Theres only 2 by me, ones like new in box for $170.
Posted Image

Shangyou
Member Avatar
Dreamwalker
The screen scratching problem is only a problem if you're throwing your 3DS around, sandwiching it between hard objects in your bag, or putting heavy things on top of it.
Posted Image

Matt
Member Avatar
Kick, Punch, It's all in the mind
I've never had marks, The little rubber analog has marked the top screen before but that just wipes off.
Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
in my not so humble opinion those 3DS consoles are sold by speculators who expected to make a nice profit when it sold out soon after launch. But then it never did.
Posted Image

N64 is the best
Member Avatar
Mk II
Jun 30 2011, 11:20 AM
in my not so humble opinion those 3DS consoles are sold by speculators who expected to make a nice profit when it sold out soon after launch. But then it never did.
Thats a good theory. But there was no way it would have sold out, not enough great must have titles.

Matt
Member Avatar
Kick, Punch, It's all in the mind
N64 is the best
Jun 30 2011, 11:35 AM
Mk II
Jun 30 2011, 11:20 AM
Thats a good theory. But there was no way it would have sold out, not enough great must have titles.
They might of just incase they did end up selling out. THats my theory.
Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Quote:

But there was no way it would have sold out

you and me knew that. but the general public didnt

And a lot of folks firmly believe that companies like Nintendo deliberately under-stock new releases to create an artificial shortage.
That urban myth already did the rounds when Mario Bros. 2 and the first Zelda came out and stocks quickly ran out because of very high demand.
Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
My friend who works at Gamestop said that the demand for 3DS' here in the States never lived up to Nintendo's expectations. Now that the PSVita has been announced and will sell for only $250 to $300 things have only gotten worse.
"He who gains victory over other men is strong; he who gains victory over himself is all powerful" Lao-Tzu

N64 is the best
Member Avatar
Mk II
Jun 30 2011, 01:25 PM
Quote:

But there was no way it would have sold out

you and me knew that. but the general public didnt

And a lot of folks firmly believe that companies like Nintendo deliberately under-stock new releases to create an artificial shortage.
That urban myth already did the rounds when Mario Bros. 2 and the first Zelda came out and stocks quickly ran out because of very high demand.
I don't think nintendo would ever create a fake shortage, unless they were about to go out of buisness even then it would be unlikely.

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Quote:

I don't think nintendo would ever create a fake shortage

of course not; it makes no business sense at all in the video game market. Retail prices stay the same regardless of any real or perceived shortage so there is no upside for Nintendo.
In fact, a shortage could very well lead to a drop in demand.

Posted Image

Cabanon
Elite
Mk II
Jun 30 2011, 03:48 PM
Quote:

I don't think nintendo would ever create a fake shortage

In fact, a shortage could very well lead to a drop in demand.

hello Wii. Wii demand never stopped in the first 4 years and they were always out of stock here. creating shortage with high demand lead your company to raise the stock market becaude everyone want one, so the investor want to invest and are ready to pay because its going so well. i do think Nintendo artificially created shortage, but thats just my opinion, it might be false.

N64 is the best
Member Avatar
Cabanon
Jul 1 2011, 12:01 AM
Mk II
Jun 30 2011, 03:48 PM

Quoting limited to 2 levels deep
hello Wii. Wii demand never stopped in the first 4 years and they were always out of stock here. creating shortage with high demand lead your company to raise the stock market becaude everyone want one, so the investor want to invest and are ready to pay because its going so well. i do think Nintendo artificially created shortage, but thats just my opinion, it might be false.
I think the Wii did so well and was constantly out of stock was because of the motion control gimmick. A lot of people thought it was amazing and did well with "casual" gamers.

« Previous Topic · Other Video Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply