Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Jurassic World COMING SOON!!!; June 12, 2015
Topic Started: Jul 24 2011, 04:02 PM (2,221 Views)
85 GT Kid
Well not really soon but its definatley for real now and should be here by 2013 :D. Jurassic Park is definately my favorite movie so im psyched about this but I wonder what they're gonna do for this one. Me personally I hope they explorer the buildings more and maybe turn on the power (call me crazy but I have a thing for lights lol). What do you all think about this?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

zar
Member Avatar
I love Jurassic Park. I remember years ago I googled Jurassic Park 4 and it was supposed to come out by 2011. I just hope they actually do get it out by 2013, I've been waiting forever for it.
Posted Image

Alice Lawless
Member Avatar
N64 collection completed 7/29/12
I will see this on day one. Definitely going to be amazing!
Facebook:
STIK ROSS
Posted Image
Posted Image
297/296 NTSC N64 [100%] (Zelda GOLD)
7/7 PAL N64 [100%]

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
I'm a huge fan of the Jurassic Park series, all the movies have been above par and entertaining in my opinion.

But i'm really concerned about this title that Telltale games is releasing, it not amounting to much in development. :-/

Check out this gameplay footage for example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEWhhPwlX9Y

It seems like those 3DO games that they tried to pull off in the late 90's where you just mash certain buttons through cutscenes, and that's all. Needless to say they've tried this style over ad over, like with Star Wars and Indiana Jones, and unfortunately 99% of them flop.

This brings me to question: WHAT YEAR ARE WE IN? THEY MUST BE CRAZY!! The story-line would have to be so compelling that I wouldn't care about the controls or gameplay factors, and for $60 bucks that seems steep for the similar experience of watching an HBO miniseries.

I really do hope this succeeds, but it's so risky.. I can't bear to see another black sheep on the Jurassic Park video game series! lol.

85 GT Kid
Yea I think it'll definately happen this time since Spielberg announced it this time (atleast I hope so) and as far as the game I agree about how its just a "hit the button and see where you go" but I will still get it because I love JP lol. I wonder if it'll be $60 though (maybe a little less???).

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Looks like the date is set: June 13, 2014!

YogurtStorm
Member Avatar
Your mom is a nice lady
Woah, totally missed this! JP4!?

OH DUDE, YES PLEEEEEASE
My Youtube Channel: All game. No bla-bla. PS4 ShareFactory gameplay
Posted Image Home of Conker's Corner

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
I'm going to say one thing, and perhaps this sounds a little odd, but I hope this is the last JP and not some sort of way to churn out more movies. I'd love to see some awesome CG dinos again and then let's let the series rest.

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
The Red Shadow
Jan 30 2013, 04:44 PM
I'm going to say one thing, and perhaps this sounds a little odd, but I hope this is the last JP and not some sort of way to churn out more movies. I'd love to see some awesome CG dinos again and then let's let the series rest.
I agree. For me nothing beats the first movie. I really had no knowledge that this was even in development. So count me in as someone who is also looking forward to this. Nothing beats watching the Raptors hunting the humans :yeah:
Nintendo Network ID - DeeMoney19
PSN Network ID - hallxx81xx
Xbox Live Gamertag - DeeMoney 2K19

Posted Image

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
DeeMoney
Feb 6 2013, 06:14 PM
Nothing beats watching the Raptors hunting the humans :yeah:
Velociraptors hunting humans is one of the most awesome cinematic action sequences you can put in a movie, however I don't know of any movies outside the Jurassic Park series that do this, so yeah agreed I am all for JP4. lol

You know how vampires were shoved into everything like 4 years ago, then lately zombies are all the craze in movies and TV? I want there to be a huge popularity surge in dinosaurs. I want a dramatic show on AMC where people get trapped on an island and dinosaurs hunt them for three seasons. Let's get that made. lol

retrozombieslayer
Member Avatar
Holy Nintendo, Batman!
TNT737373
May 25 2013, 12:02 PM
DeeMoney
Feb 6 2013, 06:14 PM
Nothing beats watching the Raptors hunting the humans :yeah:
Velociraptors hunting humans is one of the most awesome cinematic action sequences you can put in a movie, however I don't know of any movies outside the Jurassic Park series that do this, so yeah agreed I am all for JP4. lol

You know how vampires were shoved into everything like 4 years ago, then lately zombies are all the craze in movies and TV? I want there to be a huge popularity surge in dinosaurs. I want a dramatic show on AMC where people get trapped on an island and dinosaurs hunt them for three seasons. Let's get that made. lol
You... you might be on to something there. :applause:
Collection: NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, Wii, PS1, PS2, Dreamcast, Atari 2600, Xbox 360, Game Boy, Game Boy Advance SP, DS Lite, DSi, PSP-1000

My (horrifically outdated) Horror Blog:
http://horrorshowspooktacular.blogspot.com/

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
As much as I'm for that idea I'm afraid we'd eventually see zombie raptors falling in love with vampire T-rexs while battling ninja werewolves and superhero cheerleaders. Okay, maybe I'm getting a little carried away but you see my point. ;)

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
Pushed back to 2015. Disagreements inside Universal, scripts are getting shelved. Although the new front-runner story is that the park has been rebuilt on a more expensive scale, and John Hammond's original dream has been exploited to its max potential. So it's now a perfect theme park filled with tons of different dinosaurs, yet somehow something goes wrong and everybody starts getting eaten again. ha no confirmation though it's just another rumor, yet the rumors in the past have all been pretty spot-on. There's a picture of a teaser poster floating around for the movie and it's just labeled "JURASSIC PARK - 2015" which suggests it's a full-on reboot. Actor Sam Neil thinks it's a "total re-jig" as well. Here are my thoughts on a reboot:

IT BETTER NOT BE A REBOOT. ha I swear I am just hoping they continue the story-line after the events of the first movie. I've been wanting to the see return to Isla Nublar forever now. A reboot would only overshadow the greatness of the first movie, and there is still so much potential to expand upon the events from the first film which they have failed to do in the sequels thus far. The sequels just aren't thought provoking or awe inspiring like the first movie. I want to be amazed again... The whole planet was amazed when JP came out, so they need to capture some of this dino magic without totally ripping off the first. This means GOOD CGI, and most importantly GOOD CHARACTERS WITH REASONABLE MOTIVATION. 2nd and 3rd lacked these traits. Anyway I've got two questions for you guys:

1. What do you guys want the story to be about?
2. How do you feel about Colin Trevorrow / Derek Connolly leading the movie's production, as they've only worked on one feature film? Should JP4 be given to somebody else new but more experienced like JJ Abrams or Rain Johnson?

Sadly none of the big dogs like Spielberg or Cameron will touch it, too much a disgrace to lend your name to a fourth sequel I guess, ha.
Edited by TNT737373, Jun 27 2013, 10:21 AM.

Nuno
Member Avatar
Veteran
TNT737373
Jun 27 2013, 10:09 AM
Should JP4 be given to somebody else new but more experienced like JJ Abrams(...)?
Considering his last (on-going) work, there's a chance we would have dinosaurs shooting laser beams from their mouths :).

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
All I can say right now about this new movie is that I agree: IT BETTER NOT BE A REBOOT!

I want to see most of the original cast come back, or at least Sam Neill, Jeff Goldblum, etc. Perhaps Laura Dern and Julianne Moore. Perhaps the kids. I don't know, just don't sever all ties to the original movies and not include some of the original cast members. No reboot!

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
Nuno
Jun 27 2013, 11:01 AM
TNT737373
Jun 27 2013, 10:09 AM
Should JP4 be given to somebody else new but more experienced like JJ Abrams(...)?
Considering his last (on-going) work, there's a chance we would have dinosaurs shooting laser beams from their mouths :).
Well I was thinking more along the lines of his movie "Super 8" which was a tribute to Spielberg and his early sci-fi movies. Abrams fully understands the magic of Spielberg, and I think if he did the JP, the final product would turn out incredibly well. On another note it's absolutely insane to think JJ Abrams will be the director of the entire Star Trek and Star Wars franchises. ha Unfortunately because he's doing Star Wars there's no way in hell he'd do JP4, it was just a topic for discussion if you guys thought he'd be good for it. Personally I'd be for the lasers, lol. Dino-sharks with freakin' lasers.

Also yeah Red, I really want Jeff Goldblum back, even if it's just for a cameo. Still rocking that full leather with an even more obnoxious accent. Jeff Goldblum = Greek God.
Posted Image
Edited by TNT737373, Jun 27 2013, 11:20 AM.

i8ablueskittle
and it tasted good...
I'm so dang excited. Every few weeks I've been checking up seeing the news on this :)
Forever searching for 1080 Snowboarding and 1080 Avalanche items.
Love N64 Prototypes and Unreleased games.
PM me or email me at i8ablueskittle@gmail.com

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
TNT737373
Jun 27 2013, 11:15 AM
Also yeah Red, I really want Jeff Goldblum back, even if it's just for a cameo. Still rocking that full leather with an even more obnoxious accent. Jeff Goldblum = Greek God.
Posted Image
That picture just made my day! :yeah:

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
He is going to be in it. They are calling this film's cast a ""Murderer's ROW" for JPIV.
Since III, Attenborough retired, locations from the original were destroyed by that dam break several years ago in Kauai, Michael Chrighton died, Stan Winston died, Pete Postlethwaite died,Phil Tippet is onboard, ALAN GRANT is out, They don't want Laura Dern, Goldblum is in, Wayne Knight wants to be in it!!!, Alasandro Nivolla regrets being the star of III, the kids from JP1 are onboard, so is Vanessa Lee Chester and that red head??? JULIANNE MOORE!
Raptors stowed away on U.S.S. VENTURE 58-88 and ate the crew before it crashed. La Cinco Muertes has yet to be explored... JPIV revisits Isla Nublar, which Ingen destroyed according to the deleted scenes from The Lost World.(the special tv airings of this film include them, but never the ACTUAL physical movie).
Did i overlook something? Oh yeah...Metriacanthasaurus was on Nublar in the first film. & B.D. Wong wants in. BTW you could make another synopsis just from all of the mysteriuos cut scenes from the original. Yeah, i like this franchise...Anyone have the toy line from 2009? Hahaha
Edited by No64DD, Jan 19 2014, 11:26 PM.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

danikei
Member Avatar
^ wow. And I though I liked jp :D

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
I'm still eagerly awaiting this movie. Heck, I'm ready for an early trailer or anything!

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
I love Vincent D'Onofrio! Still ready to hear more about the movie itself but the cast is shaping up.

Vincent D'Onofrio to play villain in "Jurassic World"

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Trailer for the movie:

Mixed emotions at the moment, mainly because it just doesn't quite feel right without some familiar faces in the mix. Goldblum, Moore, Neill or Dern. Not a big deal but it would have really tugged the nostalgia strings if someone from the originals had a part. BD Wong is a nice touch but not quite enough. Don't get me wrong, I'm still super excited, just a little let down.
Edited by The Red Shadow, Nov 25 2014, 06:06 PM.

kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
I dunno. This seems a lot like JP:2 which really jumped the shark for me, having the T-Rex loose in LA. Now they're just pulling dinosaurs out of their --- with the "genetically modified imaginary dinosaur". Aren't real dinosaurs f'n terrifying enough!?

Some of the CG in that trailer didn't look all that stellar either.

If anything this trailer lessened my anticipation. Which is a bummer. I'm sure it will be a fun flick. But man that first movie was so dang good!
Edited by kartmaster, Nov 25 2014, 10:46 PM.
Posted Image
Join in the N64 Forever MK64 Hotlap Competition!
Posted Image

Vinyl
Member Avatar
Veteran
I think the trailer is nice But some ... 'issues'

I missed the >ROAR< from a Big Dinosaur .. I don`t care which one but I wanted to blew my mind but it didn't.

I do like the Giant Dino who is reaching for it's food!

Also a shame there there are no same actors ._.

and like Kartmaster said, Why genetically modified imaginary dinosaur?
https://www.consolevariations.com/
The Ultimate Console Database

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
I have to admit I also think the genetically engineered dino is a sketchy idea but I'll just see where they choose to go with it.

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
cussfit goosebumps!!
WE are the "appropriate audience"- and I do approve.

Good and/or bad, this trailer had it all...

Looking past their- "The Island of Dr. Moreau" affect;
just remember that this film/franchise's beginnings shook the entire PLANET!
The magic is still kizmut, and it looks like THE DINOSAURS will finally have their day in the sun!

In my opinion, it has the potential to break records.

A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
Pics of the new dinosaur- Indominus Rex showed up on some prototype plastic dinnerware the other day.

"Lookin good buddy"! 8)
Spoiler: click to toggle

A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Meh, he doesn't really look special in any way. I guess that's good, though, as I was expecting something really outrageous and non-dinosaurlike.

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
Agreed.
There are so many things that'll be going on in this film, that it's hard to concieve that Indominus Rex is a key selling point.

My money is on "trained" Velociraptors. If they get that right- game over!

New trailer coming during Super Bowl XLIX!
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · TV, Movies, Music & Other Entertainment · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: