Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
E3 1997 Official N64 Controller
Topic Started: Jan 9 2010, 03:56 PM (35,043 Views)
OdinWolf
I have stumbled upon the controller I will include in this picture. No, it's not a regular N64 gold controller like you'd think. This controller has a gold "N" like the N64 logo on it. I can't find anything on the internet about this controller. I heard from whom I plan to aquire it from that they received it at E3. They said they played a Starfox contest and won the controller. Does anyone have any documentation of this contest? Any other controllers like this out there? I think this could be super rare for hardcore N64 collectors.
Here's the picture:
Posted Image
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b92/King_Link/goldcopy.jpg

Thanks for the help,
Odin
Oh, how much do you think this would be worth? How much would you actually pay for this? I am debating if I should buy it or not, the person I know with it wants quite a bit.
Edited by OdinWolf, May 29 2010, 06:38 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

OdinWolf
Thanks for the response! I bought the controller for what I believe to be a really good deal. Where would be a good place to post it up for sale/trade? I know of eBay, of course, but something like this needs collector attention.

OdinWolf
I have obtained the same controller, but it hasn't been signed. How much did you pay for yours? Here's a picture, by the way:
Posted Image
Here is a quote from the eBay auction:
"The really interesting thing about this item is that the controller I am including is a GOLD LIMITED EDITION model, that was only available for winning a Starfox 64 contest at the E3 show (which is how I got this one)."
This is an interesting tidbit of information not previously mentioned in your post. Maybe this will help with the year of E3? I have contacted the seller for further information.
The really lucky part was that this controller was never mentioned in the title of the sale, but only in the body. I was able to buy just the controller for a certain ammount and I gave the seller a grey controller (oddly enough). I think I may have gotten an absolute steal. I am looking up more info on this controller. I may decide to sell or trade it at some point, since I am more of a console collector.
Edited by OdinWolf, Jun 1 2010, 08:30 PM.

OdinWolf
That is so cool that so much information is springing up since the original poster and I posted!

Yes, it is true, I sold my controller to Finngamer. Well, rather, I traded it. I won't divulge the full trade, but, yes, I made away quite well. It involved a Nintendo 64DD Development kit, of which I have since sold.

I had a crazy find, and I am sure you can, too. Good luck finding more of these! They sure are cool. :3

OdinWolf
Wow I decided to Google this years later- it's crazy how much you guys dug around after my post.
It seems like a lot has happened since 2010 but I am glad some people have found more of this gold controller! :D
-Odin Wolf

« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply