Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
E3 1997 Official N64 Controller
Topic Started: Jan 9 2010, 03:56 PM (30,348 Views)
tobbelobbe
There is atleast a couple of more of these out there. I know for a fact that some of them were given out to Nintendo HQs around the world. I got mine from Nintendo Scandinavias HQ Bergsala. They were given only one.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tobbelobbe
ddr2nite
Dec 21 2011, 02:32 PM
tobbelobbe
Dec 21 2011, 02:23 PM
There is atleast a couple of more of these out there. I know for a fact that some of them were given out to Nintendo HQs around the world. I got mine from Nintendo Scandinavias HQ Bergsala. They were given only one.
So you have one too tobbelobbe? If so, you should post a picture so we can add you to the list of owners. 8)
Posted Image

Mine have never been used. Havent even removed those twister thingys that goes around the cable when buy a new controller.

tobbelobbe
Its a switched back. As you all know i have contact with the Nordic Nintendo HQ and the controllers made back in 97 were gold/black. I still have mine in top mint for those who are wondering ;P

tobbelobbe
still has mine ;D Does anyone else have proof of originality and ownership?

Unless i get an unrealistic offer im gonna keep it forever. In the future when we get a bigger house and finally can build a gameroom, i will build a lighted shrine for that and my golden oot signed by miyamoto ;D

tobbelobbe
Well, im not in need of money so im not really gonna try and sell it. But i tend to focus on its future value instead of current,

if we look at history, any amount of time passed on something that was apreciated by the public will increase in value, if its only one generation, then it will last for a lifetime, with peak prices in the end of that generations lifetime (when everyone who played n64 is getting old and a good part of them rich. look at old cars etc)

Nintendo tho is even more secure because it has been around for so long, and got every generation since the 80s onboard. Its a secure market is what im trying to say, and an item like this in mint and with original proof in photos, documented media newspapers etc would be able be worth alot in 30 years.

When i got it, 2001 i actually got an offer for 1500$. I thought already then that this is more valuable than that.

tobbelobbe
I cant agree more with DarkLink. Just because something is worth alot, that does not mean you cant find it cheap!
Now i doubt there is an huge locker of the controllers laying around tho.

Foxdata controllers ididnt even know they were that rare, they were sold in stores? How could that ever be rare, by a third party company? I saw them in stores in sweden when i was a kid, imported sure but still there to just buy!

E3 controller was not sold in stores ;P Nintendos HQ in scandinavia got a hold of one. That says something. They are responsible for all nintendo products for like 5 countries atleast (some outside scandinavia too) and aslong as you get an original you gonna be cool in the long run.

Really helps that its gold too, gold is connected to Zelda, lots of ppl love zelda! Like me, i would sell at once if it wasnt gold. It was the gold prize after all! XD

tobbelobbe
No64DD
Feb 1 2017, 12:52 PM
Wow! 4 e3 owners in the same place at the same time!

The ultimate multipayer.
Playin what ;D? GOLDENeye? ;D

« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply